Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Young Wiccans & Witches

Greetings to all!

It has come to our attention that many young ones who enter our World seem la bit overwhelmed and lost.

Overwhelmed by all that’s to be seen and do and lost because it seems everyone has a full ‘ buddylist’ and seems busy with their own things and doings.

Now, some newcomers/young ones will find their way alone or with the help of others, but some stay lost..Like most people, they long to belong..so they join a guild as soon as they have that magical 20-level..

They don’t bother to look at the guild, where it stands for or what it represents, they just want that name attached to their own.

They don’t get a fair chance that way to discover our World and all its beauty or its less happy things..^^All they want..is to ‘ belong’

We, from W&W, have our own training project for newcomers, that has been working for years now. We train and educate newcomers, and when they have completed the basic trainings, they are free to either join W&W or spread their wings to fly out.

During that training period, they do not wear a name, and that’s what we came to notice: Especially young ones WANT to belong!

So, we set up a new guild for them’ The Young Wiccans&Witches”

They can join as soon as they have the right skill level (20) and they get educated and guided by W&W, but within their own guild.

They, so to speak, will have their own playground (channel) under the ‘supervision’ of W&W, who has a wide range in experience of newcomer training.

This is a trial project, and I hope you will all have patience with us and the young ones. Please don’t hesitate to pm me or Sir_Megatron if you experience any trouble of question regarding the YW&W.

Thank you,

Blessed Be,

JezeBelle

Mistress of W&W

Great idea, someone that can show them the right way to develop in EL :)

Send em over to (TC) when they graduate :(

Good luck :)

Have fun

Why did we join this game, for the fun i think most wil answer right away. Besides having fun, we ofcourse seeks the adventures. What we can offer is, comfort in that task. Often its real simpel stuff wich is needed to know, just to get along with things. When things are a rutine, the hunger for more knowledge aproaches. If that hunger is succeded waking and even more succeded the direction where the goal could be, Il say goal is reached.

We are in no inttentions of hijacking any members, its just an offer to newcomers.

Thers nothing wrong in being a jumping board to annother place, if it was fun being at that jumping board. And if u like stay at it and have more fun, wel perfect il say.

Bright blessed be all

jeze, this is really a very nice and wonderful idea!

i truly hope it works out well for you...don't see how it can't :)

Hey Jeze. :P

Good luck with the guild, if you need some beginner leather armours and stuff, just PM me. :)

Liquid.

Edited by Spleenie
Removed no longer necessary sentiment :)

The guild is now up and running.Shadowwarrior is leading the guild.

We do seek someone <age 18 to assist him.

The guild forum will be http://ywandw.labby.co.uk/, with many thanks to Labrat for hosting.

To avoid discussions and perhaps even disapointments later on, here are some simple things to remember when you want to join the Young Wiccans & Witches:

you are age 17 or under

you have the legal skill of 20 (not overall)

you do not pk or enter PK areas

you do not scam, lie or bagjump

you do not swear

you do not cause (too much) havoc with the moderators and other Powers THat Be

you are willing to learn and have fun

May the guilds paths be joyeus and educative, and mostly..be fun!

JezeBelle

Edited by Jezebelle

Its a great idea and i wish you all the luck with it and I mean that honestly - however you will have to be carefull with those who are already in a guild and being taught/guided by others. Yes I agree that some guilds are run by people who dont care and just want numbers blah blah but some guilds do actualy care and do guide their members properly. Everyone has diferent views on guilds and how guilds are run, you will just have to be carefull that you do not overstep and interfeer with another guilds way of doing things ;)

good luck

Tiz

Thank you Tiz, for that enlightning thought.

However, for all the years that W&W excists, we have never ' stolen' members from other guilds, in fact, i think W&W is the hardest tag to get.

Therefor, I wouldnt worry too much if I was you.

Its common knowledge that those who need teaching, will come to us, as will those who need help with anything.

You cannot teach someone who doesnt wanna be taught..I am raising 2 teenagers, so i have a right to speak from experience..^^

Again, we dont hog a person to force him/her our ways, they will come to us, volontarily or they dont at all.

It might be the case however, that one is not satisfied with the way he/she is taught, and will look for answers elswhere..in that case, we wont let them down, ofcourse..

Jez

However, for all the years that W&W excists, we have never ' stolen' members from other guilds, in fact, i think W&W is the hardest tag to get.

Its common knowledge that those who need teaching, will come to us, as will those who need help with anything.

You cannot teach someone who doesnt wanna be taught..I am raising 2 teenagers, so i have a right to speak from experience..^^

Again, we dont hog a person to force him/her our ways, they will come to us, volontarily or they dont at all.

It might be the case however, that one is not satisfied with the way he/she is taught, and will look for answers elswhere..in that case, we wont let them down, ofcourse..

Jez

im sorry where did i use the word 'stolen/steal' ? sorry but I never used that word please dont miss quote me :(

I was infact referring to interferance and we both know who and what I am talking about and I was trying to keep it from teh boards :) Our guild is trying to show/teach/help a certain member and we give him/her tasks to do ect - then someone comes along and 'gives' him the items that complety ruins teh objective. Of course he/she is going to take teh easy route and ask/beg others.

All I am asking is that you dont do it and leave us to teach/help/show/ as part of our guild - if this person is not satidfied with the way our guild does things then he/she is quite welcome to leave - however this person likes/wants to stay with our guild and Im posotive you are fallinmg victim to a young person who gets bored/cant be arsed and will go elsewere if he/she is not getting his/her own way.

Tiz

Jez

im sorry where did i use the word 'stolen/steal' ? sorry but I never used that word please dont miss quote me :(

I was infact referring to interferance and we both know who and what I am talking about and I was trying to keep it from teh boards :) Our guild is trying to show/teach/help a certain member and we give him/her tasks to do ect - then someone comes along and 'gives' him the items that complety ruins teh objective. Of course he/she is going to take teh easy route and ask/beg others.

All I am asking is that you dont do it and leave us to teach/help/show/ as part of our guild - if this person is not satidfied with the way our guild does things then he/she is quite welcome to leave - however this person likes/wants to stay with our guild and Im posotive you are fallinmg victim to a young person who gets bored/cant be arsed and will go elsewere if he/she is not getting his/her own way.

Tiz

As you can read, the word ' stolen' was between (); therefor it shouldnt be taken litterly.

I do know who you are refering to, and i have replied to your gossip-message saying we do NOT give that certain member items, he gave us ingreds (gathered himself!) en asked us to make some hes and srs to practice magic.

I do not see anything wrong in helping someone like that, its done all the time.

It would be different if we just gave him the items, then you would have a point.

As for him leaving your guild; could it be possible he has ppl outside the guild who help him become a good en leveled (please dont read this wrong again) citizen? Since when is only a guild alowed to help a guildie?

As for that young member of yours ' cant be arsed/gets bored; I think you are wrong, he is willing to work very hard and he is.

And as for me/us falling victim..don't you worry about that, we can handle him just fine.

I know he has given us some anoying moments but he is doing well now and keeping his promises to us.

Jez