Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hobobob38

Past Maps

All of the maps that have ruins of some sort should have a past map thats connected to past tinrym. I dont know how much work that would be but it would be really cool. And also some animals in past tinrym would be nice.

I agree a little on that, it would be interesting ^^

Hows about along with the animal, perhaps some "extinct" animals as well, animals who were poached out of existence. You could have a quest or two off of that- Someone is looking for the skin of an animal who has been long lost.

Decent idea, hobo :brooding:

So much work... it's probably not gonna happen, though its a nice idea

What dunian said...making an entire new set of maps is a LOT of work (try making a basic map in EL map maker, you'll understand :brooding:)

This seems like it wouldnt provide *that* much, and really wouldnt be worth the effort.

While the idea in theory is nice, but as already stated it would be way too much work.

The reason the past theme works for Tirnym is because in storylines, it was once a great city, but destroyed. Making other maps "past maps" wouldn't do too much if there weren’t significant changes from the past to present.

I'm not saying this would happen, but if there were going to be more past maps, I could see Tahraji, Bethel, and maybe SKF having a past version... but there is no real use to having them so I doubt it will happen. Keep Tirnym as the only past map just gives it a uniqueness that Tirnym desperately needed.

Hi

I do think some past maps would be cool, though the work would probably have to match the ingame usage alittle. Now for some ramble...

...when I was young to EL and enjoying the locations of Draia and constructing ideas for a potential guidmap in my future, I noticed that Nordcarn's southern cave was a ruined mining town about the right size for developing a version of it in its heyday. Now although I learnt all I needed for making EL quality maps in the map editor program, and had many many more ideas for developing interesting maps and map areas, I never found the time to make a whole one.

Now you might recall that the cave I speak of has a ruined docking area, and the Past Tirnym has a couple of ships at the docks. I don't know what might be useful there but a heyday version of Nordcarn's underground mining city in all its glory still appeals to me, and if accessable only from the Past Tirnym docks it could remain in keeping with the uniqueness of Tirnym and its past...

...so there is my addition to this topic ;) Mostly fielding a thought I had myself that relates to this suggestion :D

Edited by kailomonkey

Well I also want to note, no new maps will be coming for a while. You'll see why in the future ;)