Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mines, and a new perk

I think, i wont' take that perk, but i think, it would be a nice addition for fighters/Pkers.

Somehow i agree with Aislinn, 5 free pickpoints should be fine fine for that perk, maybe 6, but not 10.

I think, its negative enough right now, i have no idea how you can benefit from that perk (do you get xp, when you die by mines??)

So, 5-6 free xp plus a fine in a range from 1000 to whatever gc sounds good for me.

Nobody is forced to take that perk, but i think, its a nice addition.

Just my 2 euro cents :P

Piper

I MIGHT make the underworlds immune to that, but not IP or Idaloran graveyard. You can use teleport rings, no?

Cant teleport out of hell... and figure people make it a camp to just sit at beam/graveyard and set off mines for people leaving hell? I agree, u can always teleport FROM ip/graveyard to a storage to get rost/drop stuff off... but if ip/graveyard arent immune to mines then ppl would just keep gettin killed as they step out of hell... kinda like when ppl were made pkable outside of pk... im sure a good deal of us have seen how many people wait at beam for a pkable person to come out of hell, just to send them back.

And yes, idk if i'd even take... but smurf made good point. Get rid of it w/ reset?

i think that the players that will use mines after the perk will be many, but only for a short period of time ie two months, as i see it noone will go around spending gc on mines after a while...so it would be after free pps from the negative perk.

So i am thinking of 3pp + 30kgc and no perk removal stone :P

I completely disagree. I predict that all those kids who run around bagjumping/scamming/etc...just so they can see their name on outlaws (excuse me, "disputes") will run and grab this neg for the pps and end up getting their ass blown up every time they try to harvest some lupines.

Now your average joe peaceful harvester doesn't have to go complain to the nearest draegoni in full dragon about to walk into KF. He or she is free to stalk down his or her prey at liberty without fear of retribution since this isn't a PK map.

No, this will breathe life into those death contraptions on more than just peace day.

Lol these new mines will be pretty dangerous for the people who are taking this new neg perk.

It is pretty EVIL.

I probably will never take this perk.

Also lots of disputes will probably post up of people stealing each others stuff with these new mines.

whilst I would love to take this neg perk, I have to ask..

if the mines will be level dependant on damage from the engineers skills..would this not lead to possible problems for mine buying players? buy from a bot or someone whose stats are unavailable from viewing via gossip/privacy and you have the suddenly vast potential to increase possible scams/disputes here...no? crappy mines vs pr0 mines?

the obvious answer for player to player trading is to only buy from high ranked engineers, but bot sales are an entirely different matter..and thats just for players buying FROM the bots..what about sorting out how a bot is meant to know the difference in order to buy FROM a player at a reasonable price vs damage? the differing rates of damage between a low levelled engineers mine and a high levelled one would give quite a fluctuation in value imo

if the mines will be level dependant on damage from the engineers skills..would this not lead to possible problems for mine buying players?

I think you answer is bolded below:

2. Add some extra damage based on the engineering level of the one who placed them.

I wonder if this implies a high-level engineer might get hired by people to set mines for the extra damage they might do.

Edited by bkc56

I'm assuming the perk won't even be part of the PK server update, right? Personally, I think it would be pretty silly.

Edited by sygon

I don't think any negative perk should be more than 5 pp's. They never seem to end up as negative as the intent (only exception being hellspawn and even that now has a medallion to minimize it), and we are basically handing away free pp's to people who take the "negative" perks.

Personally I'd rather see our current neg perks actually revised to offer some negativity rather than toss out even more free pp's into the game.

Agreed.

I only partly agree. Just look at these perks:

a) godless: really a negative perk, especially in the beginning. You might not realize it at first, but with it you loose quite some exp.

:) i can't dance: if you don't pk or don't train a/d it's free pickpoints, but for a fighter it's absolutely negative

c) see B)

d) antisocial: MAJOR annoyance - I speak from experience

etc.

It always depends on how you play. Currently some of the neg perks only really affect fighters, however I'm sure there are others that I didn't think about which are bad for other skills. EL is already a pretty complex and hard game, compared to others, I really don't think that the neg perks make your life ingame easier. Only sometimes you get a bonus - which has a cost, because it basically limits your prospects and choices of skills of the future.

The negative perks are supposed to be negative. They should not be spur of the moment decisions (the neg perk removal stones are bad enough as it is).

Godless is a negative perk, I would agree. It is only negative in the beginning if you misspend your pickpoints. It is unreasonable to assume every single character would spend those pickpoints on p/c, and that they only train a/d.

Antisocial can be a pain, however for fighters with a decent source of income outside of NPC's, it's 10 free pickpoints -- essentially a joke of a perk. Harvester of sorrow is also free pickpoints to this class of players.

The proposed perk would be taken primarily by those with high material points, good magic (enough to restore before the next mine goes off), and players who do not spend hours on end locked in storage mixing up potions or essences, or even harvesting. This would be yet another neg perk perfectly suitable for exactly the type of player who already has too many "free" pickpoints from neg perks. Nothing would be accomplished aside from widening the gap between strong fighers and those playing catch-up.

I would LOVE the perk, it would be awesome, 7-8pp is what id like and maybe 1500gc :)

Best part, No one knows who has it.

This would be yet another neg perk perfectly suitable for exactly the type of player who already has too many "free" pickpoints from neg perks. Nothing would be accomplished aside from widening the gap between strong fighers and those playing catch-up.

After 48cap neg perks r not so overpowered like they were before, before 10 pps from hellspawn meant +10coord(so much stronger in pk and against monsters + additional 100 emu), now it only means +10 will or vit, which isnt that much :)

And as always, some neg perks might be good for specific player while some other perks r really pain in the ass for this particular player, but "free" pickpoints for person who has a different playing style.

mp

This would be yet another neg perk perfectly suitable for exactly the type of player who already has too many "free" pickpoints from neg perks. Nothing would be accomplished aside from widening the gap between strong fighers and those playing catch-up.

After 48cap neg perks r not so overpowered like they were before, before 10 pps from hellspawn meant +10coord(so much stronger in pk and against monsters + additional 100 emu), now it only means +10 will or vit, which isnt that much :)

oh shut the fuck up, or start playing again, you don't know what you're talking about.

PPs are still VERY needed, i'm against new perks, but if it's in game i may consider taking it B)

oh shut the fuck up, or start playing again, you don't know what you're talking about.

PPs are still VERY needed, i'm against new perks, but if it's in game i may consider taking it :)

good job jaclaw, well said. B)

I'll probably take it as well, because i'm not afk type and i can take care about myself :)

Only a few players could make use of this perk (the pure high level fighters). A lot of people say now "Woot i will take it for 5-10 pps" and evenually they will but after they die a couple of times they will reset :)

There should be some safe places, perhaps depending on the surface. You can place a mine in the grass or in the forest. But there is no way to place a mine on a wooden surface (inside a house, or on docks/ships) or on a stone surface (inside castles, on stone paths etc.). I mean yeah, you could place it there but then it should be visible for everyone. Also the underworlds, IP, the IDA graveyard should be safe IMO.

So that's my suggestion. Make the mines only placeable on certain surfaces

lol for 10 pp i most prob would take it. But there should be some safe spots like portal room or sto etc.. if not someone just put 20 mines on one of the tele pads who walks there dead or at sto door. we should make some items which makes mines detectable but they would not be that cheap to prevent too many people to buy them but it also has a random chance not to detect any mines so that its not a 100% sucess rate kinda thing which makes it more interesting and fun

itll be better if there could be different rate of detectability like for e.g. maby snow have lower chances of detecting mines and concert have higher chances etc...

oh shut the fuck up, or start playing again

And WTF is ur problem, pal ? I post if i want and i play if i want, u dont like it dont read it, i played after caps too so i know what im talking about.

And one more thing- maybe show how big ur mouth is to ur enemies, to ppl who did some shit to u, not to me, k?

mp

Maybe to make it a trully neg perk , a posisitve perk should go with it

ie: 6th sense ( " I see dead people " )

cost : 3pp

Allows people with this perk to see who has taken the "One" ( wether through differant colour name or target symbol beside it )

:evilgrin:

Mines @ NC/VotD storage. Heh, that'd be deadly. I definitely wouldn't take this perk, as I'd die too much, I can see how other people would be attracted to the high PPs, though.

IP/Underworlds should be only safe maps.

10pps, is fine for the cost of a rosto/items if you go afk.. No cost for the perk either.