Eternal Lands Official Forums
Light Lan

phantom warriors

They don't have mag protections afaik.

But who would train on PW besides mage's ?

they are only good for the gc and bones, but then slaughtering skellies is easyer imho.

They don't have mag protections afaik.

But who would train on PW besides mage's ?

they are only good for the gc and bones, but then slaughtering skellies is easyer imho.

star med + os = pro ^^ im every day on em for bones and s2es :pickaxe: i get my 5 s2e per day and stop ^^ plus the yummy bones for my

friends =) and a couple k gc

I always found it ironic that they dropped bones :evilgrin:

Whenever I killed them (I have a friend who trains them AFAIK... will need to ask how he does it next time I seen him :D ) it was usually really difficult with cutlass. Rapier worked slightly better, but I guess EW will still be best.

(Final resort: Stars med, BP cape, acc pots \o/)

Quarter or wooden staff is pr0 :bow_arrow:

you only hit them with critical hits so LD them assoon as you hp are down enough. on good astro i block them pretty easy so i get a lot of def xp But for me its the mag xp that counts and hive have done lvl 40-60 atleast on spiders and pw's.

for normal training the suck big time :P there are way better critters to train on.

Phantom warriors suck for training in most ways but they can be trained on. I use an S2E of magic on them. They give great attack experience for a weak creature because you do little damage but hit all of the time. You get defense experience because they are weak too. You always get magic experience whether they hit you or not because they explode when they die and you will have to restore no matter what you do.

They drop AEs 10 at a time, S2Es and bones along with great money compared to what it costs to fight them. I would use a rapier or sunbreaker to fight them if an S2E of magic was not handy. Rapier and high phys works great but the sunbreaker should work for everyone. Life draining them works for magic experience but you have to heal because of the damage when they die too so it is mana intensive. BRs might make this a moot point now that they are stackable. Mana drain and life drain with spider and phantom warrior is great since it costs only essences and the spider can is one hit pawnable. :P New spider equals new mana. Just essence instensive but worth it. :)

Tirun

(Based on killing them quickly to get most drops per hour, If you plan to engage them in direct meleé)

From all my tests, on cost of weapon used and what is required for constant hits:

You can kill them by using a weapon\med that exceeds the damage that is absorb by their armor, such as:

• (Using a star medallion)
  • Orc Slayer
  • Halberd
  • Any combinations of magic swords

However the moment any of these swords break, anything you gained in drops (s2es, 10 aes, gc,bones) is

negated by the loss.

So for cost effective killing (low value item risk, so one break doesn't break you)

I recommend:

• Steel Axe (~1k ingredients cost)
  • BP Cape (2k ish on the market, currently)
  • Star Med (150gc?)

[Edit: Titanium Long is +4 critical to damage, there are so many ingame, perhaps this is an cheap option as well, just less effective]

It gives you +6 critical to damage (For instance Titanium Serp (+6), Sunbreaker (+15), Titanium Axe (+8), Bronze Sword (+6).

Critical to damage, per radu is: "Critical to damage means it bypasses all the armor, and does a full damage."

The BP cape also increases this armor bypass by 10%, and the star meds +4 damage ensures the hit is almost fatal (one hit) for

the pw depending on your might.

(If you do not want to kill them fast, the the option is Unicorn med, Wooden Staff, low damage and the -5 critical to damage, will cause

critical to hits to be mostly absorbed by its armor. The degree of damage, again, depending on your might.)

-robotbob

Edited by robotbob

Halberd + BP Cape + Stars Medallion = pr0.

#Edit - 24/28 p/c. and with those Items above, I 1 hit them.

Edited by Chosen

The PW Attack/Defense: 42/55

Let we think a bit: a polar bear has 50 defense. This is "just" 5 more.

I have started to try killing them around 60 att, than 70 att (with max coord) and I was wondering why I get rare att exp. If I do successful hit on him, than I will do a few damage or not, but I should get att exp. I need to try to hit 5-10 times or more to to get att exp. What this results? I think they have extra high reaction which helps him to avoid being hit. For this what can help? There is a Phantom warrior fighting books which gives you +5 crit hit and damage. Also it you wear steel shield, than you have -2 critical, the iron and stel plate has -criticals, change him in titanium!

When do you see you are able to hit a bit (get some att exp) than try to do critical damage or use ultra high damage maker weapons.

Very cheap the frying pan and has +4 critical damage + 4 critical hit.

Better the cutlass.

I haven't tried the rapier, but for an att lvl 50-60 I am sure that helps.

Those who has very high att + dexterity and every hit is almost a successful hit, you just need to do enough damage: sunbreaker (highest crit dmg), or halberd(not critical, but enough "brute force").

I have tried with bronze sword and without NMT and I beaked in less than 20 PW.

Also an OS so just not enough damage ( they remains alive with 1-5 hp), so I needed another successful hit, but the Orc Slayes has poor criticals...

those who havn't gc: frying pan

at 40k gc, below 80 att what to use: rapier, sunbreaker, or cutlass?

at over 100 att: sunbreaker or halberd? (those players has maxed p/c)

-when I am able to hit I am doing around 40 dmg on him with my stuffs, but my problem is: I am not hitting often. They not only high armor has, but a lot of reaction (min 100 I think)

-also I get a small def exp very often: they haven't so much dexterity as reaction, but when they hits me, than hits me around 20.

Edited by matheszabi

hi,

In this days I get known it the att exp only than I get when I do least 1 HP damage.

If this is true, than the PW hasn't to much instinct, just armor. Than just critical damage you need.

Best sword is a sunbreaker for that. I have tested: with that I am killing 2x faster than with cutlass.

The sunbreaker is the PW killer sword.

Need to test with Thermal or magic or radioactive swords

Edited by matheszabi

The sunbreaker is the PW killer sword.
The sunbreaker is obviously the choice for PW's then.

I see you're just trying to help, but we all figured out PW's years ago now. :pickaxe:

and on top of that, best sword would be orc slayer + star med, or if you're going for best weapon a halberd with stars med.

After some testing:

Sunbreaker is the best choice, it hits them more often than other swords. It works fine with moon or star med. [2 hits for killing]

Rapier + moon med, hits more often than the other great swords (except for Sunbreaker). [2 hits form killing]

The Halberd has an issue, they do normal damage, wich is mostly absorbed by the PW's armor. So it only would work with for example >100 att lvl. [3-4 hits form killing]

An interesting thing i found is if you use a fire arrow on your back, the damage done is reduced. I really can´t find an explanation for this...

#edit for spelling

Edited by dipi

An interesting thing i found is if you use a fire arrow on your back, the damage done is reduced. I really can´t find an explanation for this...

...PW may have heat protection...

Now, I am able to make poisoned calltrop, and where to test? -on PW at PL. :stare:

The normal damage doesn't affect they, because of they armor, but the 1x poison just kills it.

The PW doesn't drop as much, to woth killing with poisoned calltop, but is a safe place, to test the eng item.