Eternal Lands Official Forums
Light Lan

phantom warriors

phantom warriors have very high armor, so I just hit them with criticals.

I thought of 2 ways to beat them fast.

1) massive damage, just deal more damage then their armor can absorb. unluckily their armor is so high, I yet do fail at it :) therefor my question, how high is their armor/toughness, so I know how much damage I got to deal.

2)use weapons which crit a lot

what are your opinions on this?

Rapier. :) pro crit weapon, hehe.

They're pr0 for magic training for those who do attack them.

#Edit - Spelling.

Edited by Chosen

there are 2 types of criticals.

critical to hit and critical to damage

what I heard is critical to hit lets you hit even if the enemy would have blocked.

and critical to damage ignores the armor for damage calculation.

this means we want a weapon with as high critical to damage as possible.

since we already hit everytime critical to hit is not relevant.

wouldn't sunbreaker(+15 crit to damage,+1 crit to hit) be better then rapier(+5 crit to damage,+17 crit to hit)?

since the crits to hit still do not break through the armor and deal no damage?

Edited by Light Lan

Try a Halberd :evilgrin:

As for crits, i've never seen anyone prepared to confirm with 100% assurance if what you've said is correct.

I once speculated this:

Critical to Hit = You score a hit irrelevant of your opponents def/reaction and the hit goes straight through their armor.

Critical to Damage = Your hit is still absorbed by your opponents armor, it's just a really high damage hit (so high that in most cases a persons armor wont absorb it all).

But, of course, i offer no guarantee that's the case.

I wish Ent would just tell us exactly how the 2 crits work :), i cant understand not wanting to reveal exactly how the whole combat system works, but allowing us to be able to make an informed decision about Rapier VS Sunbreaker wont hurt :P

PS. can someone plz lend me a sunbreaker for some testing :P

Edited by Korrode

Just go to the test server, and mess about with all the swords on PWs, see which works out best. :)

Entropy has told it already here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry268345 :)

"Actually, critical to hit means it bypasses all the enemy defense rolls (say you have a level 5 player versus a level 100). The level 5 player has no chance to hit the level 100, but if he has a critical to hit, there isa chance he will hit sometimes.

Critical to damage means it bypasses all the armor, and does a full damage."

thank you dugur,

this means on testing the sunbreaker should hit pws more often than a rapier.

now I just need these two weapons to test it :)

we got good info on how to beat pws with way #2.

how about way #1. someone got an idea how high their armor is?

Edited by Light Lan

The Phantom Warroir has been buffed up a lot, it is almost immune to physic damage, has higher defense, more hit points, better drops, ideal to train magic on.

#Edit - Thats all I could find about them, in the updates section. :)

Edited by Chosen

(...)

I made an experiment, on test server i took about p160c24 and tried all mobs from fluff to giant.

M-chims and weaker mobs hit me max for 6 health( so 1+5 from gelly), but yeti, ac or giant was hitting me badly, cocktarices didnt hit me that often coz they also got low coord.

I could easly hit desert forest and mountain chims barehanded, and if i used orc slayer i had 100% hits in phantom warriors, those r mobs with big armor/toughness so u need big might(damage) and not neccecary big coord to hit them.

If any1 got any questions plz ask, many ppl here try to help :)

found this one, I think it gives some idea about the might you need.

mp had 92 might and still needed orcslayer to always get enough damage o.o

~100 armor? o.o

I'm confused - I fought one naked yesterday and I had it down to 3 health before it killed me (I was naked and never restored or healed) what's so tough about them?

Entropy has told it already here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry268345 :)

"Actually, critical to hit means it bypasses all the enemy defense rolls (say you have a level 5 player versus a level 100). The level 5 player has no chance to hit the level 100, but if he has a critical to hit, there isa chance he will hit sometimes.

Critical to damage means it bypasses all the armor, and does a full damage."

;) thanks for the link!

Dugur just made my chistmas card list ^^

The sunbreaker is obviously the choice for PW's then.

It's just too bad that with its low dmg and low/no bonuses to anything but ctd, pretty much every other great sword is still better for PK. ;-\

(...)

I made an experiment, on test server i took about p160c24 and tried all mobs from fluff to giant.

M-chims and weaker mobs hit me max for 6 health( so 1+5 from gelly), but yeti, ac or giant was hitting me badly, cocktarices didnt hit me that often coz they also got low coord.

I could easly hit desert forest and mountain chims barehanded, and if i used orc slayer i had 100% hits in phantom warriors, those r mobs with big armor/toughness so u need big might(damage) and not neccecary big coord to hit them.

If any1 got any questions plz ask, many ppl here try to help ;)

found this one, I think it gives some idea about the might you need.

mp had 92 might and still needed orcslayer to always get enough damage o.o

~100 armor? o.o

When masterpiter wrote this post, the first thing I did is taking my sunbreaker that was taking dust in my storage and went slay some PWs. And I can say you that it works really great. :)

Just remembered something so posting it since it could help maybe.

Once i had that big p158c24 build i did couple tests fights with my friend who was around p40c125.

Results were very surprising:

He was almost never hitting me with cutlass or js, but he was hitting me all the time with thermal serp( thx to additional fire and ice dmg which my toughness didnt protect me from :P.

I think fight vs phantom warrior might be the same, when u use some magic sword their armor doesnt work, so vytukas's way would work best ;)

mp

If you have low p/c, Vytukas is right, weps with magic damage are good... but even with 28/40 p/c i hit most times with halberd doing a little under 10 damage, back when i hade 36/48 i usually did over 10 damage a hit... and Ti serp of magic only has 10 mag dmg (so only 10 dmg a hit).

Or just fight them the way they are meant to be fighten.... There is a guy in PL cave lot of time, he MD the Spider, get back upstairs and fight the PW. every time he has ~30hp lowered he LD the PW. :P

I know he has done allmost all his mag lvl's from 40 to where he is now, wich is just out of top 200 mag. so that must be around 60's i think.

he just is training in aug pants, iron chain and wooden or quarter staff and no fancy stuff like CoL :icon13:

Or just fight them the way they are meant to be fighten.... There is a guy in PL cave lot of time, he MD the Spider, get back upstairs and fight the PW. every time he has ~30hp lowered he LD the PW. :P

I know he has done allmost all his mag lvl's from 40 to where he is now, wich is just out of top 200 mag. so that must be around 60's i think.

he just is training in aug pants, iron chain and wooden or quarter staff and no fancy stuff like CoL :P

Some people are weird lol :)

Just remembered something so posting it since it could help maybe.

Once i had that big p158c24 build i did couple tests fights with my friend who was around p40c125.

Results were very surprising:

He was almost never hitting me with cutlass or js, but he was hitting me all the time with thermal serp( thx to additional fire and ice dmg which my toughness didnt protect me from :).

I think fight vs phantom warrior might be the same, when u use some magic sword their armor doesnt work, so vytukas's way would work best :P

mp

problem here is that phantoms have magic/ice/fire prot of 10 :P so i dont think magic swords would change anything

problem here is that phantoms have magic/ice/fire prot of 10 :P so i dont think magic swords would change anything

Fire and Ice yes, but i didnt think they had magic prot. (i once witnessed someone fighting them with S2E of Mag, unless they've been changed since then, they do not have mag prot).

If armour is the problem, how much would BP cape help?

Lots :P