Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shallara

Where does your guild fall?

Lately, there has been much debate and discussion on pk in game.

None can deny that PK is part of EL.

I'm wondering if the various guilds would be interested in a 'guild pk policy' thread?

A place where guild leaders can post the basics of their own policy, such as: whether 'not at all', 'defensive/non-aggressive', or 'aggressive/pk-em-all'

or even more detailed, and allow a central place where everyone can use as a reference.

If this is something EL wants, we can start a new thread, or use this one :P

If this idea is considered an 'absolutely not' by teh powers dat be'

then oh well, at least we know :)

(Its very difficult to do a search for pk policies, or guild pk policies, etc, when 2 letter words are not allowed.. i did try other options with no real results)

Edited by shallara

Is it not just easiest if a guild's website details this info?, then anyone can #guild_info any guild they're unsure of and find out...

For the record, WTF! (Willing To Fight!) is a PK guild. Scamming people into PK is not allowed (i.e. we wont get people into PK through trickery and/or lies and then kill them), but other than that, if you are in a PK area, not allied with us, and see us approaching; you should expect to be attacked.

Edited by Korrode

Not really easiest to hunt down several different guilds, and remember them all, every time you run into a batch of people.

Used to be there really was only a handful of 'main/big' guilds, and was easy enough to remember that this bunch didn't pk, and this bunch did.

Now, with so many, and the varying degrees of what guilds allow in pk, it would be great (at least I think) or there to be one central place with it.

If no one else agrees, oh well, no skin off my back, I'll just do my own research, create my own google doc to use, not a biggie :P

Also there are other categories as well such as:

--Yes but only on no drop days and/or for contests

--Only pvp

--Once in a blue moon when the urge hits

I don't think the three you listed adequately covers all reasons or policies.

I also think this would belong under the Skills-Combat section.

Aislinn: Even more reason why it would be of a benefit to have the information in one central place.

(edited first post to reflect it was more an example than an exact :P

Mich: actually, a lot of guilds have a non aggressive pk stance, or allow it at member's discretion. would be interesting to find out.

Edited by shallara

Well for me, (as i m co-founder of WTF!) I attack every moving thing in PK's except green tags, and brod every brown tags. Thats all :)

-Kad

PS I know i m ebul :P

Attack all (except the 2 green tags), whats fun about not attacking on pk?

I consider it fun being attacked, so dont want many allies.

bzzz policy = attack at will

There is no guild policy in bzzz regarding PKing. The decision if to attack or not is left to guildies.

(Briefly: joy joy joy)

<edit>

oohhh

We do not like stuff of destruction (w/e spelling).

Edited by Vanyel

One thing i have noticed about making LION's PK rules public is that people attempt to exploit them. n00bs running into NcA nekkid saying "it's against your rules to att an unarmed person who isn't redtagged!" So I consider them the published threat exception to the rule and kill them. :P

If anyone is ever interested, our PK rules can be found here: http://rick74.ri.funpic.org/forum/index.php/topic,149.0.html

By the way, thank you to the many who helped me finalize these rules. You know who you are.

Edited by Ozmondius

Not that anyone in TinT has the a/d to PK atm but our policy is pretty straightforward really.

If its PvP for training them return DBs and dont summon just to kill your PvP partner. Thats crap.

However if its a PK map then you should expect anything to happen and so you can do whatever you want on there.

Hell if you can afford some giant summoning stone then go ahead, waste teh gc just to watch them diss and run.

On a side note ive got a couple of nice summoning stones incase I ever get attacked while hydro mining :whistle:

Attack all (except the 2 green tags), whats fun about not attacking on pk?

I consider it fun being attacked, so dont want many allies.

Same for me, and PkG. :whistle:

(PK Godz... duh?)

It's really simple in GWaR. PK if you want to , don't if you don't want to. Most of GWaR only does PK on no drop, but there are a few of us that wander PK off and on and some that do it alot.

The basic rules are: If they are red or brown tagged, kill kill kill no matter what!!!. If they are blue or green, help them out. Any other guilds are up to the individual. If you do PK, have fun & don't be a jackass.

Ill accept anyone at anytime into my guild Shadow. We have no allies and one sworn total war enemy, Aluwens followers Light. We love to pk Light , especially during the nighttime hours in non-pk areas. Since our two guilds are at war by design you are expected to be fighting while visiting. If you want a break from the norm ill accept and remove you at your command. So PM me in game with help/loc for more info or go here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43176

Why don't people make use of the current ability to change tag colors? Your guild mates can

then see at a glance how that certain guild may react in pk.

There are more than 4 colors to choose from. (red + Blue, brown or green)

Yellow pink, silver etc can be used to indicate other information. Eg; Yellow could = beware may attack you.

Pink could = homo guild who crys for their stuff back or something.

If this was done it would save having to check on this post even or via #guild_info command.

As an added bonus people would get to see tags a rainbow of pretty colors while they sit mixing at storage or harvesting while they wait for NDD.

BTW 300 guild is friendly harve

ter guild. Who likes to sit in IP making daisy chains for the newbies.

All other guild are invited to join in on this fun with us.

aka ohmygod

Edited by godwyn

ACE guild pk's on NDD (when we can be bothered) and at other times when the urge takes us. We dont attack allies (obviously) and have some non-allied guilds as friendly colours who we also dont attack. Red tags we hit when we can, and as for neutrals, well..thats up to the individual member at the time, pk IS pk after all...and Neutral doesnt mean they wont hit us first if they fancy their chances!

TBH though, we arent in pk enough..just too much other stuff to actually do, to commit the time needed to make our name more prominent in pk. (just coz we die a lot dont make us less prominent!!).

But for the record, here and now, if your guild has no prior/current diplomatic agreement with ACE guild, then there IS a chance we will attack in pk. Feel free to pm me ingame if you want to discuss diplomacy.

As for guild-to-guild policy on diplomacy, ACE forums is accessible from our guild info, if yours isnt listed you are likely to be considered Neutral, everyone whose guild IS listed can see there how we consider their guilds status regarding ingame diplomacy.

- PYE

NL policy - peaceful guild :evilgrin:

We never pk and prefer other skills and wouldn't ever attack pvpers or players training in pk maps :icon13:

NL uses 2 tag colors - neutral and my favorite color red :P

ELM policy - Do what you want.

That's a simple way to put it...

CLF policy - Do what you want

:evilgrin:

NL policy - peaceful guild :evilgrin:

We never pk and prefer other skills and wouldn't ever attack pvpers or players training in pk maps :icon13:

NL uses 2 tag colors - neutral and my favorite color red :P

... and that's exactly why we love you so much :P

In BoC we do not PK people activly. If we PK some one they must be a red tagged guild. and we do not return db's to red tagged guilds.

we do not pk people to be mean. we pk defensivly if necisary. and. if we are pking some one and kill them. we do not keep the db. we always return it.. unless they are a red tagged guild..

but, we dont have any members that pk. so we dont really worry about the spacifics just yet.

BoC is a merchant guild. we make stuff alot . we manu, alch, pot,craft, a few tailorers and engineers..