Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sadarar

"invasion" for the non-fighters

Since fighters can earn special days (and now extra spawns) through fighting in invasions, I had an idea for something similar for non fighters. I know that there are sometimes invasions to earn non-fight related rewards, but this idea seems to fit better, and broadly similar things have worked in the past.

So, why not have periodic visits from experts in a given skill. There could be a general announcement that the experts were considering a visit, if it was shown there was enough interest in the skill. A special NPC would then collect "evidence" of the interest, in the form of items made using this skill. once enough evidence was collected, the visitors would come for a period of time.

In this time, it would be possible to make a new item, from basic ingredients, which would earn reasonable (not crazy!) experience, and not much food. The item itself would be useless. The idea would be to make it in school, but to cover items made outside and stored, either make them not storable, or else they disappear from storage once the visit is over. A real life example - you might go to woodwork class and make a bird nesting box. if you keep it at home, most likely it sits in a cupboard unused until it is either thrown away or "disappears" into the junk. It would be good if the item being made would use ingredients collectable in the close area around the school.

advantages -

1- money/item sink ( \o/ )

2- teamwork - people working together to make the items required, through all levels of the skill

3- encouraging people to use schools more otten

4- maybe taking people to less used maps

5- party while the tutors were in town :P

give visitors all tailored clothes to look cool and walk in big groups.. would look cool

Hi

Nice idea. I thnk within your idea are alot of good starting points, if someone were to see the potential and turn them into an easily implementable, player motivating feature/event.

The topic title probably makes people think this is about more rabbit invasions :confused: Let's hope they read out of curiosity since the essence of the suggestion has something, I reckon :devlish:

And what would be the benefits on the end of this "invasion"? You would get what kind of day??? Ore deposits on pk maps? because i hope you realized that all the new spawn for fighters were put in pk.

The only good thing in this would be the team work, but many of the players look at theire skills as to theire job, and they have to advace, and i have to make 10k fe today, and so on. It is sad, that many wont participate, just like as many dont participate on an invasion with monsters.

But it is a nice ideea, i would try it atleast once!

And what would be the benefits on the end of this "invasion"? You would get what kind of day??? Ore deposits on pk maps? because i hope you realized that all the new spawn for fighters were put in pk.

afaik only the fluff spawns has been placed in pk, ogre and feros in a nonpkarea

The result being any form of advancement in the skill, an xp blessing, bonus or even the one-day item as suggested. I think it hasn't been made clear enough to judge whether people would be involved or not, so I think the idea is possible given the right balance. Perhaps like Trik, a manu invasion would involve paying the players for their product contribution in a small way? But with a difficult target to reach in a time-limit that gives the rewards. Regular invasions still give xp and still pay out the same drops (except NDD invasions) so supplying the products should be paid for but in alittle less to balance with the loss of NDD?

My point is the idea is still has potetnital if it were developed, and saying people would not get involved, well often regular invaions involve the same few people putting in the effort for the majority, so I would expect regulars to form in a similar way.

and yes, the "all the new spawns are in pk" statement is unfounded :P

Edited by kailomonkey

The only good thing in this would be the team work, but many of the players look at theire skills as to theire job, and they have to advace, and i have to make 10k fe today, and so on. It is sad, that many wont participate, just like as many dont participate on an invasion with monsters.

i think you misread the post, or didn't read it at all for that matter.

the reward was clearly explained in the final paragraph of the original post, maybe try reading ok?

i think you misread the post, or didn't read it at all for that matter.

the reward was clearly explained in the final paragraph of the original post, maybe try reading ok?

and maybe you should not act like a fool and attack others. you know people wont make things that they cant sell, i mean they would get only xp, not xp only is what the majority wants, money this is all about and if you have read my post well you would understand, but...i dont want to qout you again, this time to answer you!