Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Snosrap

Cant "Real" Summon During Combat

Yes, I know I posted this in other forum, but I dont think many read that one, so I repeat it here.......

I have been leveling summon for 7 months now and have just found out the manu window is not available during combat. You gotta be kidding me !!!!! Yes I know I should have know about that, but never needed to use manu window during combat in the past. New players and such can use a summon stone during combat, but I cant and have to flee to summon and fumble with what to mix. This is defenitley a penalty for a true summoner. Please consider an update to feature what the preceding posts have suggested: a summon mix box or quickslots.

Snos out

I agree, i've thought about a system sort of like quick spells.

You summon the creature, and have a option to add to quick slot. Would be awesome. :D:D

And of course, you could summon in combat.

~KgN

I found out the same thing and complained about it on channel 4 yesterday. :icon4: I don't see why you can use stones but can't summon 'properly' during a fight.

The problem is that summoning uses the mix window, so the game prevents you from using it during a fight.

IMO, summoning should have its own window, otherwise one may be restricted to being a 'support' player in PK. I wonder if the summoning fighters could give some advice on how they deal with this issue.

I think one solution could be to make it possible to 'pre-mix' all summonable creatures into stones.... i.e., make all such creatures stonable ;)

I think one solution could be to make it possible to 'pre-mix' all summonable creatures into stones.... i.e., make all such creatures stonable ;)

The thought had crossed my mind that arnt summon stones the " quick slot" of summoning ?

So for me the answer would be to make more monsters/creatures into stone's

Wow, you only just realised this now? :P

I been bitching about it for years, (well like 1 :P) how you can change armour, cast spells, use potions, all that crap, but cant summon (simply because it uses an interface that is shared by other tasks that have no place in a fight, the mix window)

Oh well, add my voice again to the calls to have summoning exempt from this restriction on mix window use. :P

S.

This has been brought up a few times, and I think ifrc entropys biggest complaint about implementing that is then people will just summon hundreds of rats rabbits while fighing on multi maps, creating extra lag. There is a thread from about a year or two ago with his comments, I am too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Even 50 rats will require 200emu of summoning ingredients, and if anyone has watched a modern pk battle in a multicombat arena, its just a zoo of stone creatures anyway. I can now create a zoo anywhere other than storages and populated regions and create lag.

At any rate, deliberately creating lag-causing effects is subject to rule 16.

S.

I think one solution could be to make it possible to 'pre-mix' all summonable creatures into stones.... i.e., make all such creatures stonable :P

The thought had crossed my mind that arnt summon stones the " quick slot" of summoning ?

So for me the answer would be to make more monsters/creatures into stone's

No they are hugely different.

A summoning stone does not require any summoning skill, simply the gc to go and buy one. A magic quick slot still depends upon the magic skill of the caster.

If the situation were reversed, and real summons were allowed in combat, and stones not, then the 'zoo' effect would be removed. It would also mean summoning became a useful skill in pk.

(I know I summon, but I do not PK - so not affected either way)

A summoning stone does not require any summoning skill, simply the gc to go and buy one. A magic quick slot still depends upon the magic skill of the caster.

If the situation were reversed, and real summons were allowed in combat, and stones not, then the 'zoo' effect would be removed. It would also mean summoning became a useful skill in pk.

I agree that summoning as a skill has lost its edge with the introduction of stones.

Personally ( and Im not a summoner so this would greatly affect me) I would like to see summon stones require the same level to use as the Real summon.

This would then make the stones the summoners quick slot and make the skill an active one needed to PK

Summoning stone should be 20 emu, after all we use 20 gypsum...

At this point a summoner could have the problem to sell stones at the npc.

Solution: option to sell directly the stones to the npc of the hazardous storage :P

On topic, I agree (like in the past) about creature summon in combat and labour day too.

I think one solution could be to make it possible to 'pre-mix' all summonable creatures into stones.... i.e., make all such creatures stonable :P
I think I ought to point out that I used the phrase 'pre-mix' carefully.

This pre-mix 'creature package' (read stone) is simply a way to avoid the problems of the mix window. It should still use mana (Multiply by 0.5 if blue cape is equipped) and have the requirements of the original creature, including EMU.

Of course, as a mere racoon summoner, I may not have made much sense! :P

I agree that it is un-fair that those who have spent dozens, maybe 100's of hours training this difficult skill cannot effectively use it while engaged in combat. However, It would be a bit unfair to be able to summon a rabbit to catch a diss. This would cost a miniscule amount of money, where nowadays, the cheapest stone you can use to "diss catch" would be a bear, for >100 gc. Of course, you could always carry your own rabbit parts, but today's NCa zoo is big enough already >.<

Summoning stone should be 20 emu, after all we use 20 gypsum...

At this point a summoner could have the problem to sell stones at the npc.

Solution: option to sell directly the stones to the npc of the hazardous storage :P

On topic, I agree (like in the past) about creature summon in combat and labour day too.

Hell no, if the actual stones weighted >20 I'd effectively be screwed from summoning for the next four OA levels, minimum. Summoning is not only for >100 OAers with a rather large/ if not huge PC either. I believe you're trying to make the summoning skill much better, I agree with most of your points, but please remember there are us little-summoners out there who haven't reached the level required to produce creatures/stone in mass :(

I think the NPC is fine where she is (Vicora? I can't recall the name). It makes a fun little trip to Antoria, thus making the map more used, etc. I found it really rewarding the first time I ever carried 100 bear stones (that'd I'd mixed entirely myself) to sell.

However, I believe if a summon-specific NPC were to be added, I'd put him/her in the school in Arius, sheerly for RP sakes.

I agree partly with this too. You can still cast magic on Labour Day, right? That, technically, requires a mix window...

I'm on my way to become a summoner! Right now my level is a bit higher then 20 but I aim for level 50 to summon polar bears without fail. It's unbelievable that you can not summon during close combat. If i didnt read this topic, omg that would have been a sad surprise.

And i agree with Spleenfeeder, today ppl use lots of summoned animals from stone in large combat (thats not just 3 or 4 pp, i talk of guilds vs guilds). This includes many ppl + the animals.. and we can still 'walk' on map while invasions happen. You see ppl wouldnt do that all the time because you need gc for it. I see no reason against summoning during close combat.

The stones were nice for a start but that is not really an option for a real summoner !

I know a bit in programming but unfortunatly not enough so that i could help you with it. Adding a new window sounds good because you dont need to re-write (exclusion) the code but simply add code. So before putting more work into the new skills (eng, tai,ran) pls improve summoning. Summoning is not like other skills, the element of surprise makes it special :D

*begging* pls pls pls pls do something about it