Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Invasion reward points system

errrr ..... have yu just admitted that you've actually picked up a bag with NMT inside during the invasion ......... ?

:):whistle:

errrr ..... have yu just admitted that you've actually picked up a bag with NMT inside during the invasion ......... ?

:):whistle:

No, he is making a point against what toomass said.

Although invasions are bagjump heaven, used to go in leather/tit long and a few HE/SR and just get the bags (return ones where I actually saw the person die ofcourse :P), this is way back when invasions first started ^^

Edited by Lorlen

:whistle::P

No, he is making a point against what toomass said.

Although invasions are bagjump heaven, used to go in leather/tit long and a few HE/SR and just get the bags (return ones where I actually saw the person die ofcourse :P), this is way back when invasions first started ^^

lol if u found nmt during invasion, it wasnt from invasion monster u n00b. It was said that invasion monsters DO NOT drop rare drops. i'm too lazy to look for that topic but ii'm pretty sure about it. Kinda surprising me that some1 says something like that...so vilek bad timing to show off :)

Edited by TooMass

my bad, my only knowledge of invasions was before nmt capes, and back then they dropped everything normal mobs dropped, such as "rare" items ;>

and toomass, how can you call anyone a noob, I mean seriously lol

my bad, my only knowledge of invasions was before nmt capes, and back then they dropped everything normal mobs dropped, such as "rare" items ;>

and toomass, how can you call anyone a noob, I mean seriously lol

because that's what u r :)

For some unknown reason Toomy thinks he is better/smarter from every other person in the world :whistle:

first sensible post from u in last couple of months. :)

Alright, here I go again with my "oh no, not more fighting!" perspective. I understand lots of people love the training aspect, whether it's PVP, PK, or training on monsters. That's ok by me. What's not ok by me is that increasingly, fighting is forced on players of EL, whether they choose to be part of it or not. Examples since I've started playing:

- More invasions on more maps on C1

- For a while there, we had a lot of Mortos run invasions on C2

- There are also the dragon invasions on C2, which thankfully have gotten a lot less frequent

- Then we had the regular weekend invasions, which were a lot of fun at the beginning (yes, even I participated!) but the majority of players has really lost interest in those

- So Ent came up with the idea of doing invasions for rewards, which led to a series of NDD

- People continued to lose interest (not all, but the masses) so we started getting invasions for Sun Tzu and Joule days

- Then we got invasions with invisible white dragons

- Now we got Lenny stalking C2, and from what I hear he is pretty strong

There were times when there were multiple types of invasions in one EL day, as far as I remember. My whole point is twofold. First, there have been a lot of different ideas implemented to increase training (I imagine, both to please players, and for bricks). Second, there is a large group of people who are really excited about every new idea, but after not too long a time most lose interest again and only a small number of fighters continue to fight in those opportunities.

I think the exact same thing is going to happen with this idea. We can talk about team spirit and working together as much as we want, history shows that all of that lasts for a fairly short amount of time until it's back to the core of fighters (most of them high level). Meanwhile, the rest of us have to run zick-zack courses between invasion monsters and Lenny.

I am not fond of this new idea. I don't think that long term it will work for the majority of people. And I definitely don't think that that core of fighters that will end up having to kill the monsters should have voting power of the EL lives of others who just happen to choose a skill other than a/d as their focus.

And yeah, I know, you're gonna yell at me again now. Fine, go ahead.

lilcnoot

Edited by LilBear

With this of course you'll have the problem that, when actually fighting invasionmonsters, you don't always manage to pick up the bag right away. Leaves room for others sneaking in and picking up the bag and special item. But, I guess bagjumping like that is in a way participating in the invasion too? :D

since when invasion monsters drop special items? :confused:

Not yet. My post was about the idea in Ent's blog. It was quoted in the post before mine actually...

can we have day of no grief.

I like that day.

Maybe can we have all the days and vote what we want.

can we have day of no grief.

I like that day.

Maybe can we have all the days and vote what we want.

So you can kill monsters with the bronze sword? No. I hate that day.