Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Invasion reward points system

I came up with an idea that will make the game more interesting.

Each weak, possibly every day, there will be some small contests going on, mainly "find and kill the invaded monsters", but maybe some other things as well.

For an event, you will be able to get from 0 to 3 points. For example, if you finish an invasion in 1 hour, you get 3 points, if you finish it in a day, you get 0 points. Each invasion will have the times to kill the monsters announced.

At the end of the week, you will have a certain number of points, depending on how well you did.

This points will be translated in some reward in the weekend. For example, 1 hour of NDD will be 1 point, 1 hour of Joules will be 2 points, one hour of Sun Tzu 4 points.

Then the players will vote for what special day they want (on the forums).

In case you get more than, say, 12 points in a week, you can have two special days (some hours of each kind, depending on how you vote).

One advantage of this system is that I can run smaller invasions at night time, so people in other time zones can enjoy and contribute.

I hope this system will work fine, if you have suggestions please post here.

This is a trial system, and if it works, it will be kept, if not, it won't.

P.S. The first invasions will start soon, and the rewards will be explained after I am done with placing the monsters.

sounds great...and it will be fun to see what people *really* want more..combat days, or days for mixers? :rolleyes:

I came up with an idea that will make the game more interesting.

Each weak, possibly every day, there will be some small contests going on, mainly "find and kill the invaded monsters", but maybe some other things as well.

For an event, you will be able to get from 0 to 3 points. For example, if you finish an invasion in 1 hour, you get 3 points, if you finish it in a day, you get 0 points. Each invasion will have the times to kill the monsters announced.

At the end of the week, you will have a certain number of points, depending on how well you did.

This points will be translated in some reward in the weekend. For example, 1 hour of NDD will be 1 point, 1 hour of Joules will be 2 points, one hour of Sun Tzu 4 points.

In case you get more than, say, 12 points in a week, you can have two special days (some hours of each kind, depending on how you vote).

One advantage of this system is that I can run smaller invasions at night time, so people in other time zones can enjoy and contribute.

I hope this system will work fine, if you have suggestions please post here.

This is a trial system, and if it works, it will be kept, if not, it won't.

P.S. The first invasions will start soon, and the rewards will be explained after I am done with placing the monsters.

i think this idea would be good. but as usual would stong monsters be in c2 as the weaklings in c1??? or will it be everywhere and how many monsters are we talking per sesion

I love this idea! It encourages players to more actively participate with the EL community as a whole, instead of just going off somewhere alone to harvest and mix. It rewards us for having fun! I don't really have anything else to say, it's just so fantastic.

Cool idea ^^ but just one question... say we got... 6 points in a week and we wanted like 3 hours of joule day to use the points up.. or like we got 3 points in a week .. we could choose 3 hours of NDD or so..could we do that?

There will be a limit of at least 3 hours of a day, not 15 minutes of this, 20 minutes of that.

So if you get left over points, you can get some other day too.

I hope by the 'night time' you mean your night time not the EL night time :rolleyes: I don't fancy having to cope with Lenny as well as other invasion monsters...

Over all a very good idea, as us from down under (kiwis and roos) can miss out on a few things.

One other cool idea I have:

Tere will be other rewards than special days.

For example, if you chose to conserve your points, you can get new monster spawns of your choice (choice as in monster type, I chose the location, mostly in C2).

So, say, 30 points and you get 10 new spawns.

Are all these varmints going to be high-level monsters?

sounds great...and it will be fun to see what people *really* want more..combat days, or days for mixers? :)

people who do invasions are going to want combat days shuj :whistle:

more invasions ? It depends how hard you make them Ent , the last one in Bethel with Giants was too much, I think there were still some wandering around 24 hours later.

hide and seek sort of invasions are better than full on Mortos in the Ghetto types, cos at least then the people who dont want to take part arent forced to sit indoors being boring mixers :lipssealed:

I like the idea of using the game a bit like a game -- people actually playing some aspect of it to get something out of it. I don't really care about #days as a reward, but whatever. Let people have whatever they want.

But...when you say "smaller invasion," do you mean geographically smaller or numerically smaller? Because daily/near daily invasions limited to just one or two maps and hidden locations (hide and seek, as Ateh called them), would be cool, I suppose -- though daily seems to be pushing it a bit. But if you mean to invade VotD every day with 250 yetis instead of 350, that would become less cool pretty fast, imo.

Also, please give a hint what range of monster levels you're thinking of using. It's been months since there was an invasion I had any hope of scoring some kills in, thanks to that sick fetish you seem to have for mixing yetis, chims and giants into everything. If these invasions are really going to be for a broad spectrum of players, then I'm all for it, but if it's really going to be for the top tier players to win a day for the whole community, then I'll leave it to them to offer opinions.

Edited by peino

I should think before I post sometimes LOL

After speaking to someone in game who does participate in invasions who said they would actually prefer a mixing day not a combat day my statement is obviously on its arse lol

Anyway, whats the chance of voters on the days being clever and making sure that all days eventully get used, by voting on a rotation system, say we vote for Joule day first, then all vote for doubel xp day, then all vote for a diff day

Am i being too hopeful that people can put thier heads together ?

One other cool idea I have:

Tere will be other rewards than special days.

For example, if you chose to conserve your points, you can get new monster spawns of your choice (choice as in monster type, I chose the location, mostly in C2).

So, say, 30 points and you get 10 new spawns.

Personally I'd like special days more because I feel like they benefit a broader group of players (I'm not a fighter, and I am selfish), but I see how more spawns are cool because that rewards the kinds of players that actually participate in the invasions. The idea of having a variety of different rewards to choose from is fun though. Hopefully people will make well thought out posts explaining why we should choose a specific reward each week. It should spawn some great debate.

What players will do voting? All players in game or just those who participated on invasion?

I hope that only participants can do the voting

what about no grief day ?:)

I was thinking just about the same :) However, NGD brings no money out of the game nor bricks for Entropy's castle, so I doubt it.

Whilst the idea for the new invasion system is great, and a real incentive to coordinate for the benefit of players, if theres going to be a problem with the whole thing then I believe Ateh is on the right track...and its the human element where the voting comes in thats going to throw the spanner in the works. Toomass has already demonstrated that by asking that only "participants" be allowed to vote..despite the fact that anyone online at the time could and should be considered as a participant since the monsters themselves will not differentiate between a pro 1337 top level fighter and a wandering harvester looking for a good place to sit.

I foresee it not being long before the monster killers on this all posting why THEY think only they should have a vote and that the rest of EL can kiss their butts coz theyre the only ones killing anything to gain the points. I dont wish to appear negative but realistically this is what is going to happen, methinx.

what about no grief day ?:)

I was thinking just about the same :) However, NGD brings no money out of the game nor bricks for Entropy's castle, so I doubt it.

it does, we burn essies and potions on pk map, we also burn summoning stones...

i love the idea

i think everyone will try to help with these things, and definitley everyone should be allowed to vote, not just pro fighters. the solution could be some events have a/d limit, maybe hard to code but have an event were all monsters can only be atacked by people with a+d<100 or something, and some at other levels, then everyone has to help to build up the points. maybe have like a few clops on multi maps in those invasions and it will really get people working together to win the points.

Ok the whole idea is very good,but so as more ppls take part,it would be fine if there were and low lvl monsters(i am refering to the small invasion,where only some chims there are and they can be killed only from high lvled players).It is just my onpinion> :)