Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Kusamura Arena Showdown 2

- The Kusamura Arena Showdown 2 -

The 1st PK tournament for 8 competitors who can attack in the Kusamura Arena.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kusamura Arena has a limit on the maximum a/d you can be to attack there.

If your combined attack and defense are over 160, you cant attack. (a "80 a/d arena")

The failing effect of True Sight potions can lower your attack and defense down 19 levels, so a person who is a/d 99/99 can compete in this tournament.

Please do not PM me asking how to -19 TS. If you don't know, ask some fighters in-game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 21:00:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

Rules:

1. You must be able to attack in Kusamura Arena. TS potion failing IS allowed.

Your ability to attack will be checked before each fight by you attacking myself (Korrode), both of us barefist, and immediately fleeing.

2. Attack and Defense Potions are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight, so no going to positive food after combat has begun either.

(If you suspect the person your fighting has raised their a/d after the attack test, you can screenshot the exp you get off them and send it to me along with a sceenshot of your stats and your god status. Based on that i can determine their a/d at the time of screenie, if i determine they've cheated, they'll be disqualified and banned from any future events i run.)

3. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.

Medallion of Life

BRoD and BoD

Normal Branch and Bone

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia)

The Bronze Sword

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium or Dragon Plate armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

4. All castable magic spells ARE allowed.

5. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

6. Disengagement rings ARE allowed.

If you diss/flee and stay in the arena the fight can continue, if you diss/flee and walk out of the arena, even just for a second, you forfeit the battle.

You can disengage/flee from combat up to 3 times. If you diss/flee a 4th time you forfeit the battle.

7. All fights are 1-on-1, and one at a time.

Your friends/guildmates are not allowed to remote heal you or cast any offensive spells on your opponent.

Await instruction from myself (Korrode) before entering the arena, and before starting combat.

The Tournament Layout:

Key example: R1F1-L = Round1_Fight1-Loser - The loser of Fight 1, Round 1.

Round 1:

fight 1: player1 vs player2

fight 2: player3 vs player4

fight 3: player5 vs player6

fight 4: player7 vs player8

Round 2:

fight 1: R1F1-L vs R1F2-L

fight 2: R1F3-L vs R1F4-L

Round 3:

fight 1: R1F1-W vs R1F2-W

fight 2: R1F3-W vs R1F4-W

Round 4:

fight 1: R2F1-W vs R3F2-L

fight 2: R2F2-W vs R3F1-L

Round 5 (* need to see at the time who has fought who *)

(if the opponents (column 2) can be swapped so everyone is fighting someone new, i will do so, if not, no change... you may end up fighting someone you've already fought.)

fight 1: R3F1-W vs *R4F2-W

fight 2: R3F2-W vs *R4F1-W

Final

R5F1-W vs R5F2-W

The winner gets 10kgc and the glory

Donations to the prize pool are welcome and appreciated :P

Signing up, and conclusion:

Please reply here if you would like to compete.

The first 8 people to apply will get the spots, anyone after that will be a backup in case someone doesn't show up on the day.

If you don't have a forum account, contact me in-game.

It is possible for a competitor to fight up to 5 times. Bring everything you need for that many fights.

If you don't have enough space in your inventory for everything you want, I will allow people to make storage runs, but i'd much prefer if you ask a guildmate or friend to come and watch and hold some items for you.

If you are going to goto storage please be quick about it, luckily EVTR storage is nearby.

Everyone will fight at least twice. So it's possible for you to die twice... you cant possibly die more than twice, because the way it's structured if you die twice you're out of the tournament.

Giving back the contents of deathbags will be up to the battle victor, so if your wearing expensive armors i suggest rostos.

Remember: You can diss and walk out of the arena to end the fight.

Spectators are welcome, but please do not sit on the side of the arena that has the entry.

Everyone Note; I will be asking for assistance from the game moderators to help deal with anyone who tries to cause trouble.

Priority competitors from the previous tournament (in priority order):

2coolfool

TiamatH

Pk_hitman

BaldyBob

Spidi

Saski

Saint

Chosen

DesweeR

Nahadu

Bahador

Even if your name is on the above list, please post on this thread or PM me in-game confirming if you can make it or not

Signed up competitors:

TiamatH

Spidi

Saint

Bahador

Frostwind

Jammie

Zamolxes

2cute2

Backup competitors:

All competitors from the first tournament are welcome to sign up for this one as well (Except last event's winner; Fedora) :) but people who were signed up/backup for the last one and haven't fought yet get priority.

Also, to the backups and anyone else who wants to fight in Kusamura arena;

Come suited up for PK and put the arena to further use after the event :D

Would-be competitors should note that when the day of the tournament comes, if i PM you and it turns out you have no idea what the rules and layout of the event are, i will not be very nice to you, and may ban you from any future events i run.

If you have not completely read and understood this entire post, do not sign up.

Edited by Korrode

I will be there, sign me up :D

Once the dragon armours are out, count me in korrode!

Well that'll be whenever the next event is i run.

tbh, the reason why the dragon armors were allowed in the first place is because with my char build/strategies, my opponent having dragon armor, even with me only having titanium, would not have much of an advantage.

But, A. i shouldn't be only considering people with PK or "Arena" builds in the rules... B. I cant expect that everyone will use appropriate strategy with their attribute selection... and C. Drag armor's too expensive, it's a key goal of these tournaments to ensure skill gives you the advantage, not riches.

So yeah, drag armors will go, but not until after this event.

Edited by Korrode

more prizes? :cry:

I am too poor atm to donate, need will stones :P

EDIT: never mind, found out why your siggy is there. elite, not that amount you mixed that session :P

~KgN

Edited by kaGen

I will have 50 EMP, 8 pirate scarves and 10 large mines for the prizepot like last time.

I will also have something extra if there is a grand finale.

Maxine

Round 1 line-up!

fight 1: Bahador vs 2cute2

fight 2: Celace vs L33t

fight 3: Zamolxes vs Desweer

fight 4: Jammie vs Saint

Congratulations to the tournament winner, indisputable King of Kusamura arena:

1st: Bahador

Big gratz out to our runner up also:

2nd: DesweeR

Congratulations to all other competitors, placings are as follows:

3rd: Celace and L33t

4th: Saint and Jammie

5th: Zamoxles and 2cute2

Thank you all for competing, i hope you had fun.

I'd like to quickly thank a few people specifically:

Maxine - Once again she assisted with both moderation at the event and donations to the prize pool. Thanks heaps :)

ThunderCloud, SpleenFeeder and Aislinn - For their help with keeping order.

Radu for making a guest appearance :D

All the spectators who came to watch, the atmosphere created by having lots of spectators is great, thank you all.

Gratz to Fedora for winning the bonus round!

...mi tired sleep now, bb all hf!

Edited by Korrode