Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cazuza

Unexplained forty four million gc

I traded with Bazzy (trade bot) this morning, I sold him my FR Cloak and in return he offered me the 19 raw meats I requested and the rest of the gc which was ~2500 (note, before this trade I had just over 200gc in my inv). When the trade finished I noticed I didnt receive the gc owed to me from the sale of my FR Cloak, but I did receive the raw meats however. I thought to myself, "No problem i'll just contact the bot owner." However, when the bot owner (Wolfwitch) offered to pay me the owing gc and as I was walking to DP to meet her, as soon as I opened up the trade window I noticed that 44+ million gc had appeared in my inventory. At first I was delighted, but I noticed that I couldnt in any way move the unexplained gc (couldn't move in around in inv, trade with it, couldnt drop it even with 'drop all').

I thought there must be something wrong with my client like corrupt files or something. So I re-downloaded and installed EL, and when I logged in the gc was still there.

When the gc first appeared.

picture2jr3.png

I gc was intangible, as shown when I tried to drop it using 'drop all'.

picture3op1.png

Also, when I sell something to an NPC the gc is added to the 44 million, but I can't do anything with it still. Btw, 2500gc of that 44 million is mine :D

I've noticed I can buy things from the NPC with that money (d/w i've only bought 1 fruit from the tavern)...so...if you want I can just keep the gc :P

Specs:

Computer type: iMac G5

Mac OS Version: 10.4.11

Processor: 2GHz, PowerPC G5 (3.1)

RAM: 512MB

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600, 128 MB

EDIT -

New images. I tried #suicide to see if i could get rid of the gc that way. I was finally able to drop 2600gc. When I picked it up it appeared in a different slot that the 44 million gc. And yes that 2600gc IS my money :P

picture1hz7.png

picture2ad8.png

Edited by Cazuza

All I can really add to this is that Bazzy is hosted by Labrat and I am pretty certain that, being the geek he is, the code is stable.

Bazzys log shows a sucessful trade, he doesnt even carry 44 mil gcs (gods I wish he did though :P), we have never had any problems with Bazzy or his code and im sure none of Labrats other bots have had this problem either.

When I got the pm that the money was not paid, I immediatly checked logs. When they confirmed a successful trade I pmed Labrat to investigate the matter, it was 3.30am though so the poor bloke was probably asleep.

I hope this bug can be preproduced, if bazzys logs are needed in anyway please pm me in game.

WolfWitch

Okay, strange again. I went and tried to trade with Pru. Using the trade tool, I clicked Pru. As soon as the trade window opens the 44 million disapears.

..iirc then, the 44 million appeared the first time I atempted to trade with WolfWitch.

Edited by Cazuza

yup 3:30am I was asleep.

This is obviously a server or client issue, nothing the bot could possibly do would give you 44 million gc. It sounds more like database corruption than anything else, and if this is the case I suspect there may be a server rollback imminent (ye gods for unmentionable reasons I hope not but if so I would like to tell certain nameless people not to worry I will redeliver if the need arises :P ).

Let's see what g0d says about it first though, it may just be an isolated and easily fixed bug.

I'm gonna go trade with bazzy, it might be my lucky day too \o/

edit:

Nope, teh rAt is still as broke as a er um broke thing. Good thing I can click on a button for food in my cage

Zap! wrong button

<twitch>

Edited by LabRat

sorry, i realised it had nothing to do with Bazzy too

.iirc then, the 44 million appeared the first time I atempted to trade with WolfWitch.

:P

I don't know if its related to the 44 million gc thing, but everytime I see this person (Bambie) he appears this way (almost completely transparent).

picture3ul7.png

Also, everytime I see a Conjurer Cloak, it appears pixelated (even though I have never tried to modify the Conjurer Cloak) whilst all other cloaks I see appear normal.

I think he's referring to 'I think there might be a huge bug in my client becuase i found two'

Edited by cho-yun