Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

Peace Day

She was attempting to exploit a loophole which enabled fighting on peace day to level her ant.

How is it NOT the same issue?

S.

If player owned ants don't actively attack anything how can exploiting the bot loophole to level a player ant be compared at all to players using a loophole to actively PK other players?

Tirun

PS. This thread was not started about or by Moebird. This thread was started because players can actively PK other players on Peace Day which is something the description of the day says cannot happen. What difference does it make to the topic if Moebird is any less wrong or right than the players who are actively PKing other players during Peace Day? The description of Peace Day does not mention bots or ants anywhere in it. The whole matter as to whether people should be able to level their ants on Peace Day or not belongs in another thread.

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Moebird admitted to taking her ant into KF on peace day to train it. She was at that point happy and accepting that peace day does not prevent personal damage.

In this situation also, entities were actively engaged in personal combat.

She then get blown up by a mine. She was at that point not happy and accepting that peace day does not prevent personal damage.

At no point was anyone engaged in personal combat.

It could in fact be argued that the particular loophole that Moebird exploited is more of a slight to the intent of peace day than is the one that was exploited by the landmines.

S.

PS: *BOOM*

Edit: @Tirun: I have already determined that this is on-topic. It is not up to you to determine otherwise, no matter how uncomfortable an argumentative position it puts you in.

Edited by Spleenfeeder

How does letting a bot get attacked by another bot equate to PKing other players? Ants can't actively attack anyone can they? How does letting one get attacked even get remotely associated with active PK? Moebird was exploiting the bot fighting part of Peace Day but bots don't actively attack unless they are guard bots right? How do you compare ants to players PKing other players?

Tirun

*sighs*

Because Moebird was using the loophole that the day isnt 100% peaceful for her/his own benifit ( the ant being an extension of there character) and that is all the pkers did , wether its bots, creatures or players that are killed it makes no differance, there is rightly or wrongly a loophole in the day. Moebird used it ... so did the pkers . there is no differance

PS. This thread was not started about or by Moebird. This thread was started because players can actively PK other players on Peace Day which is something the description of the day says cannot happen. What difference does it make to the topic if Moebird is any less wrong or right than the players who are actively PKing other players during Peace Day? The description of Peace Day does not mention bots or ants anywhere in it. The whole matter as to whether people should be able to level their ants on Peace Day or not belongs in another thread.

Actually, this thread was started to suggest leaving one map open from peace day because the thread starter did not like peace day.

Edited by fyrrflyy

I debated for awhile whether or not to actually dignify this with a response. Whether or not the topic is the name or the description, it is still words, no? You cannot tell someone not to use words to respond when you are arguing the point of words in something. The problem with your logic, is that most people assume if it does not say something (i.e it does not say mines will not work, or something that explodes from 1 foot away will not hurt you) then there is a possibility, and to ask or be more cautious. They do not go: "Gee, peace day, I'm sure this thing right here that explodes and hurts people will not work at all cause I don't want it to." So your saying because it's a game, you can have no common sense? Wtf? How can you actively attack another player with mines, if they are not close enough to be hit by the mine?

You are specifically using word games and semantics to avoid the actual topic of this thread. This thread is not, as I have repeatedly stated, about people getting hurt by mines they walk on to when no one else is around. I didn't tell you not to use words. I told you not to use games to avoid the issue. The issue is active PK on Peace Day when the description clearly and specifically states that you cannot be attacked by other players. The description doesn't say that other players cannot cast spells on you, cannot attack you with melee weapons, and cannot use arrows to attack you, let alone say that mines also cannot be used. The description states that players cannot attack you period. There are not codices or long winded descriptions of how other players cannot attack you. It just says that they can't. That is the reason this thread was started and you have steadfastly refused to answer to that specific point.

You obviously don't know how players can use mines to attack other players. The strategy is to teleport next to someone or walk up to them invisible or even visible if they don't know what can happen to them. When you get next to another player you intentionally drop and set off your own mines. This causes you to suffer ground zero damage but you are already prepared for it and so you heal as you drop and set off your mines. The other player not expecting to be attacked gets nuked by the blast damage. That is how you PK someone on Peace Day. That is what this topic is about.

Tirun

I debated for awhile whether or not to actually dignify this with a response. Whether or not the topic is the name or the description, it is still words, no? You cannot tell someone not to use words to respond when you are arguing the point of words in something. The problem with your logic, is that most people assume if it does not say something (i.e it does not say mines will not work, or something that explodes from 1 foot away will not hurt you) then there is a possibility, and to ask or be more cautious. They do not go: "Gee, peace day, I'm sure this thing right here that explodes and hurts people will not work at all cause I don't want it to." So your saying because it's a game, you can have no common sense? Wtf? How can you actively attack another player with mines, if they are not close enough to be hit by the mine?

You are specifically using word games and semantics to avoid the actual topic of this thread. This thread is not, as I have repeatedly stated, about people getting hurt by mines they walk on to when no one else is around. I didn't tell you not to use words. I told you not to use games to avoid the issue. The issue is active PK on Peace Day when the description clearly and specifically states that you cannot be attacked by other players. The description doesn't say that other players cannot cast spells on you, cannot attack you with melee weapons, and cannot use arrows to attack you, let alone say that mines also cannot be used. The description states that players cannot attack you period. There are not codices or long winded descriptions of how other players cannot attack you. It just says that they can't. That is the reason this thread was started and you have steadfastly refused to answer to that specific point.

You obviously don't know how players can use mines to attack other players. The strategy is to teleport next to someone or walk up to them invisible or even visible if they don't know what can happen to them. When you get next to another player you intentionally drop and set off your own mines. This causes you to suffer ground zero damage but you are already prepared for it and so you heal as you drop and set off your mines. The other player not expecting to be attacked gets nuked by the blast damage. That is how you PK someone on Peace Day. That is what this topic is about.

Tirun

Do you read my post at all, or do you just want to fill this thread with more and more drivel that has been proved wrong, etc over and over again?

I obviously do know how to attack players with mines, as I obviously have stated, twice now, and you obviously have failed to read both posts, or failed the comprehend what was said in the aforementioned posts.

How can you actively attack another player with mines, if they are not close enough to be hit by the mine?

Now read this again, and tell me, how, if the player is not near you, you can attack him with a mine? Simply said, you cant, he will not be hit by the blast radius and you damage youtself.

This topic, as I said in another post, is about changing peace day so that it does not work in one map, because a few people don't like it. It has absolutely nothing to do with PK'ing on Peace Day. Obviously you don't know what the topic of this thread is about.

Edited by fyrrflyy

Moebird admitted to taking her ant into KF on peace day to train it. She was at that point happy and accepting that peace day does not prevent personal damage.

In this situation also, entities were actively engaged in personal combat.

She then get blown up by a mine. She was at that point not happy and accepting that peace day does not prevent personal damage.

At no point was anyone engaged in personal combat.

It could in fact be argued that the particular loophole that Moebird exploited is more of a slight to the intent of peace day than is the one that was exploited by the landmines.

S.

PS: *BOOM*

Edit: @Tirun: I have already determined that this is on-topic. It is not up to you to determine otherwise, no matter how uncomfortable an argumentative position it puts you in.

I still have yet to see you or anyone else reply to my point that active PK is possible with mines. It would seem that everyone else is uncomfortable with their positions in this argument. Not me. :confused: Moebird to my knowledge did not walk over the mines and get killed. Moebird had to stop moving. That is entirely different than someone setting off their own mines to injure another player intentionally and actively PK them. Seems to me that if you walk up to someone and blow up your own mines to kill them that it gets kind of personal and it seems to me that it seems to me that actually killing someone with this method of attack is engaging in combat. If it wasn't then why did the other person who stopped moving die? If I don't step on any mines and still get killed how is it that I committed suicide without so much as moving? Does this mean that summoners don't actually ever PK anyone on non-Peace Days because they don't use their own spells and weapons to hit someone? That isn't the impression I have gotten over the past couple of years.

Tirun

There are not codices or long winded descriptions of how other players cannot attack you. It just says that they can't. That is the reason this thread was started and you have steadfastly refused to answer to that specific point

actually, if you were to read fyrr's post instead of instantly replying based on personal assumptions, that is NOT the reason this thread was started.

Tirun

Do you read my post at all, or do you just want to fill this thread with more and more drivel that has been proved wrong, etc over and over again?

I obviously do know how to attack players with mines, as I obviously have stated, twice now, and you obviously have failed to read both posts, or failed the comprehend what was said in the aforementioned posts.

How can you actively attack another player with mines, if they are not close enough to be hit by the mine?

Now read this again, and tell me, how, if the player is not near you, you can attack him with a mine? Simply said, you cant, he will not be hit by the blast radius and you damage youtself.

This topic, as I said in another post, is about changing peace day so that it does not work in one map, because a few people don't like it. It has absolutely nothing to do with PK'ing on Peace Day. Obviously you don't know what the topic of this thread is about.

This topic being about Peace Day getting changed is ridiculous. We all know that Peace Day is not getting changed. The whole point is that mines are not visible to most players. You can lay them out and wait for other players to arrive and then with multiple players surround the other player with mines. Moebird got trapped. That is how you attack other players with mines. You trap them. Once they are trapped you can walk up to them and start dropping as many mines as you have in your inventory and use them to PK the trapped player.

Trapping another player by using a group of players can be done without any mines being laid before hand if you have a big enough group as well. Once someone gets surrounded they are toast. Obviously you would want to carry something like a ring or essences to avoid getting trapped but not all players have the money or levels to have that means of escape available to them. The is especially goes for newer players. If you simply have two invisible players approach another player and both drop high explosive mines it is enough damage to kill some players. They should both have time to heal and drop another one before the victim in question even realizes what happened and has a chance to get out. That is how you actively and successfully kill other players using mines. It isn't that hard to do and if you have a lot of armor and a lot more health than you target then doing it is even easier. Yes you CAN actively PK another player with mines.

Tirun

There are not codices or long winded descriptions of how other players cannot attack you. It just says that they can't. That is the reason this thread was started and you have steadfastly refused to answer to that specific point

actually, if you were to read fyrr's post instead of instantly replying based on personal assumptions, that is NOT the reason this thread was started.

The reason the thread was started is because you can actively PK people on Peace Day. The suggestion of changing Peace Day is simply the resolution to the situation that caused the thread to be created in the first place. If you could not PK people on Peace Day there wouldn't be any need for this thread.

Tirun

Tsk tsk tsk.. I leave for an hourish and you guys start whining a little too much.

Topic closed.