Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

Peace Day

Peace Day does not apply to pet ants. Pet ants can only follow their owners. Pet ants can't initiate an attack, they can only defend if attacked. I took little ant_moebird to Kilaren Field on 'peace day' so she could get some combat practice against the fire ants (her natural enemies). She got a few 'kills' but her health was low so I decided to leave KF till she healed. I got surrounded at the entrance of the fort by Tommyknocker, Peach and a third player and could not go any further. That's where I suddenly saw my health points go to zero and found myself in the underworld. I 'beamed' my ant as I headed to the exit. I lost a great deal of items and asked a guildmate, who was also there with her ant, if she could get my DB and she said Tommyknocker had grabbed it. I asked Tommyknocker to return it and he said Peach had it. I asked Peach to return it and Peach returned the cape but kept everything else. It's not the number or value of the items lost that is of concern here, but the fact that landmines can be used as an ACTIVE weapon to deliberately kill another player ( I did not step on them, they were detonated by the players that placed them). Peace Day should be renamed Limited Weapons Day or Sick Joke Day.

It is sad to see Eternal Lands start to deteriorate from a nice, community-based game into just another hack-and-slash game like so many hundreds out there.

Why dont' we create a separate Forums for people feeling like whining and complaining about Peace Day?

Why dont' we create a separate Forums for people feeling like whining and complaining about Peace Day?

It would take up too much bandwidth...there'd be more threads there than posts about people's ficuses here.

Why don't we just have an acurate description about Peace Day?

Jez

I believe it is accurate...

Description: No fighting today, you can't attack players, animals or monsters, and the animals or monsters won't attack you either.

It makes no mention of inanimate objects.

We can't have an accurate description of Peace Day for the same reason we could not get an accurate description of the artificer perk. No one who can do it wants to bother to do it. Unfortunately 'Peace Day' isn't going anywhere like the perk did. :( I hope the new and old mods and and the uber helper people in IP will at least spend all 6 hours of every peace day explaining to newbies that they can still be actively attacked and killed on peace day in PK maps. Then only the newbies who got missed would be the only ones who could complain about the day.

Everyone else will just ignore the fact that the Peace Day description is a lie and avoid PK maps and not complain since it won't help. If the mods and IP helpers don't use every minute of Peace Day telling newbies they can still be actively killed in PK maps then I hope that word of mouth doesn't start hurting EL for new players since it will be very newbie unfriendly. I don't understand how anyone can make the decision to not change the description considering all of the possible consequences. That is just the way things are though so I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. Good luck to us all. :D

Tirun

Description: No fighting today, you can't attack players, animals or monsters, and the animals or monsters won't attack you either.

You seem to be missing the point that players can actively set off their own mines and heal themselves while killing people with the blast damage from the mines. Yes players can actively attack with mines exactly as Moebird's post described. Just because the players take damage from their own mines and have to heal does not mean that the damage they are intentionally doing to others with their mines is not 'actively' attacking them. Spells don't work to hurt other players on Peace Day because that would be an active attack, right? So why isn't setting off your own mines to kill people not actively attacking them? It is just like using a spell except you have to heal some damage to yourself because of 'casting' it.

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

I call that thinking outside the box. This day is great.. it promotes creative thinking!

You seem to be missing the point that players can actively set off their own mines and heal themselves while killing people with the blast damage from the mines. Yes players can actively attack with mines exactly as Moebird's post described. Just because the players take damage from their own mines and have to heal does not mean that the damage they are intentionally doing to others with their mines is not 'actively' attacking them. Spells don't work to hurt other players on Peace Day because that would be an active attack, right? So why isn't setting off your own mines to kill people not actively attacking them? It is just like using a spell except you have to heal some damage to yourself because of 'casting' it.

Tirun

Where does it say you cannot attack yourself?

Peace Day does not apply to pet ants. Pet ants can only follow their owners. Pet ants can't initiate an attack, they can only defend if attacked. I took little ant_moebird to Kilaren Field on 'peace day' so she could get some combat practice against the fire ants (her natural enemies).

So Its ok to use a "loop hole" in the day description to train your ant, but when that same loop hole comes back and bites you in the ass its wrong :D

I call that thinking outside the box. This day is great.. it promotes creative thinking!

Yes it is thinking outside the box to be able to actively attack other players. Great day or not. Creative strategy for being able to kill other players or not it is still a way of actively attacking other players. That makes the description of the day wrong. Semantics are not going to help anyone in this thread. We need to face the facts and deal with them so that the players who are rightly upset about the Peace Day description being wrong and misleading can get have their issues validated and so that something can be done. I don't care if the action is to simply tell everyone in game that the day description is wrong and you have to live with it or if something more positive gets done. I just want this real concern to be handled in such a way that it does not marginalize players with a legitimate grievance.

Tirun

Tirun

It doesn't. If it did then you could freely use mushrooms for no cooldown food since you wouldn't be able to poison yourself either. The point is that you are trying to use semantics to support a loophole that does in fact allow people to violate the description of peace day. Just because you have to attack yourself to kill someone else does not mean you are not attacking someone else. If it did then you wouldn't be killing them would you? Please stop playing word games so we can take care of this issue.

Tirun

I believe if the main programmer, most of the mods, and the majority of EL don't mind.. then it's not an issue.

Some people just need to get off their soapbox and realize they are not as important as they think they are.

Peace Day does not apply to pet ants. Pet ants can only follow their owners. Pet ants can't initiate an attack, they can only defend if attacked. I took little ant_moebird to Kilaren Field on 'peace day' so she could get some combat practice against the fire ants (her natural enemies).

So Its ok to use a "loop hole" in the day description to train your ant, but when that same loop hole comes back and bites you in the ass its wrong :confused:

I don't see Moebird on topic so I will point out the flawed logic here. Moebird was not using the loophole that was used to kill by TooMass and the others. Moebird was using the bot loophole which in fact has nothing to do with mines being used to actively kill other players on Peace Day at all. If Moebird has been using mines to help the ant or kill other players that would be using the same loophole and obviously that is not what occurred.

Tirun

I believe if the main programmer, most of the mods, and the majority of EL don't mind.. then it's not an issue.

Some people just need to get off their soapbox and realize they are not as important as they think they are.

Describing someone as self-important sounds an awful lot like a flame to me but I will ignore that. I already pointed out that the developers don't care just as they did not care that the description of the artificer perk was massively wrong either. My point was that yes the people complaining actually have a valid point. I would like the people in charge to simply do something to fix it or say that they do not care that it is a valid point and they are not going to do anything about it. I really don't think that I am asking for lot. Then again asking for the description of the artificer perk get fixed in the encyclopedia wasn't asking for much either and look how that turned out.

Tirun

little note, just to make 1 thing clear.:confused:

i didnt participate on killing moebird, even though, i was asked to blow her up.

Edited by TooMass

Tirun

It doesn't. If it did then you could freely use mushrooms for no cooldown food since you wouldn't be able to poison yourself either. The point is that you are trying to use semantics to support a loophole that does in fact allow people to violate the description of peace day. Just because you have to attack yourself to kill someone else does not mean you are not attacking someone else. If it did then you wouldn't be killing them would you? Please stop playing word games so we can take care of this issue.

Tirun

Word games? Is not the issue you are arguing the supposedly inccorect name of a special day? A name, which is, infact made up of words? You, sir, are trying to use semantics to prove yourself right, and then tell me to stop using semantics myself. If you cannot use a little common sense in the fact that mines explode (oh gee, look a bomb, let's stand right beside it), then don't blame the developers/whoever names the day, blame yourself for standing beside the mine.

pr0 double post btw -edit- actually, 2 double post in same thread. GG

Edited by fyrrflyy

So Its ok to use a "loop hole" in the day description to train your ant, but when that same loop hole comes back and bites you in the ass its wrong :confused:

I don't see Moebird on topic so I will point out the flawed logic here. Moebird was not using the loophole that was used to kill by TooMass and the others. Moebird was using the bot loophole which in fact has nothing to do with mines being used to actively kill other players on Peace Day at all. If Moebird has been using mines to help the ant or kill other players that would be using the same loophole and obviously that is not what occurred.

Tirun

But its the same loop hole that doesnt make "peace day" 100% peaceful no ?? , so you cant exploit it and then complain about it, if someone else exploits it

little note, just to make 1 thing clear.:confused:

i didnt participate on killing moebird, even though, i was asked to blow him up.

My apologies TooMass. I got my PKers confused. :) My point wasn't about who did it though just that it was done and was actually an active attack. I am sure Moebird appreciates your restraint. :)

Tirun

Tirun

The topic is peace day. Conavar's point is a valid one and is on topic. Moebird wanted to have it both ways, to have her ant be aggressive on peace day, but for nothing aggressive to happen to her.

In fact, it is hugely on topic.

S.

Word games? Is not the issue you are arguing the supposedly inccorect name of a special day? A name, which is, infact made up of words? You, sir, are trying to use semantics to prove yourself right, and then tell me to stop using semantics myself. If you cannot use a little common sense in the fact that mines explode (oh gee, look a bomb, let's stand right beside it), then don't blame the developers/whoever names the day, blame yourself for standing beside the mine.

Now that is truly playing word games. The topic is about an incorrect fact in the description of a special day and not the name of it. The topic is about incorrect information and has nothing to do with word play at all. The problem with your logic is that most people trust what the read in the information provided to them by the game developer. "Common sense" in a game with satellites and spells. Hello??? The point is not even about standing next to a mine and getting hurt either. The topic is that players can approach another player and then actively attack them with mines. Walking on to mines that you don't see has nothing at all to do with this topic.

Tirun

Tirun

The topic is peace day. Conavar's point is a valid one and is on topic. Moebird wanted to have it both ways, to have her ant be aggressive on peace day, but for nothing aggressive to happen to her.

In fact, it is hugely on topic.

S.

Actually Moebird wanted to have the ant get attacked by other bots. Moebird was not at all trying to attack anyone or be attacked by anyone. The people who killed Moebird were actively attempting to PK another player. How is that the same? PKing someone and letting your bot get attacked by another bot is the same thing. Please explain the math on how that adds up. Moebird was doing nothing that was anything like the players who were actively PKing other players.

Tirun

But its the same loop hole that doesnt make "peace day" 100% peaceful no ?? , so you cant exploit it and then complain about it, if someone else exploits it

How does letting a bot get attacked by another bot equate to PKing other players? Ants can't actively attack anyone can they? How does letting one get attacked even get remotely associated with active PK? Moebird was exploiting the bot fighting part of Peace Day but bots don't actively attack unless they are guard bots right? How do you compare ants to players PKing other players?

Tirun

Now that is truly playing word games. The topic is about an incorrect fact in the description of a special day and not the name of it. The topic is about incorrect information and has nothing to do with word play at all. The problem with your logic is that most people trust what the read in the information provided to them by the game developer. "Common sense" in a game with satellites and spells. Hello??? The point is not even about standing next to a mine and getting hurt either. The topic is that players can approach another player and then actively attack them with mines. Walking on to mines that you don't see has nothing at all to do with this topic.

Tirun

I debated for awhile whether or not to actually dignify this with a response. Whether or not the topic is the name or the description, it is still words, no? You cannot tell someone not to use words to respond when you are arguing the point of words in something. The problem with your logic, is that most people assume if it does not say something (i.e it does not say mines will not work, or something that explodes from 1 foot away will not hurt you) then there is a possibility, and to ask or be more cautious. They do not go: "Gee, peace day, I'm sure this thing right here that explodes and hurts people will not work at all cause I don't want it to." So your saying because it's a game, you can have no common sense? Wtf? How can you actively attack another player with mines, if they are not close enough to be hit by the mine?

Edited by fyrrflyy