Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roman

DPA Ranking Bot

Desert Pines Arena is proberbly the most popular PK place (maybe second to KF). Many people there have chosen to have there characters remain at that DPA fighting levels and even though they might be having more kills and wins than someone whose 100 a/d, they can't be included in the PK score rankings. So thats why i'ld think it would be fun to have a bot that sits at DPA and watches all the fights. When you kill someone you get 1 point, if you get killed you lose 1 point. It then keeps track of everyone's scores and let people view who has the highest score, top 10, top 20 or 50 and your own ranking. It would let people know how good they are againist people their own levels. I know DPA pkers would appeciate it.

However, there are 3 main problems...

1. We would need someone to program the bot and i'ld imagine Learner is busy, as always atm.

2. I'm not sure if this is even capible for a bot to do.

3. We would need someone to sponser the bot, for Learner's shop fees (I can't atm, I'm 16 and looking for a part time job and $100USD is a lot of money to come up with).

People if you could post opinions on this, that would be great.

Arrow.

Erm....This idea is very flawed, not only for the reasons above, but also because Many DPA kills are unfair fights against 20 a/d newbies with leather pieces....I probably would be in the top 10 for both kills and ranking (At least in the last few months or so), but it wouldn't bring me, or most of my friends at DPA (an assumption here), any joy.

So, as for:

I know DPA pkers would appreciate it.

Not as much as you'd think. Nice of you to try and better others playing experience though :D

(Let the "omgawshz0rz, dp is for na0044$4obs" begin)

Edited by Shujral

Maybe an idea could be your points are determined by how strong your oponent is. I reckon DPA pkers would like to know whose the strongest at the arena (well maybe second strongest *cough*bones*cough*). THis isn't really about encouraging people to pk more, its more just for letting people know where they stand againist other DPA pkers.

Just level to 80 a/d and use Kusamura arena... :P

There's more 80's and 90's a/d'ers with high OA, and they already have much bigger p/c for the monsters they train on VS the monsters 40's - 50's a/d'ers train. So specific Arena builds wont give the kind of advantage over your opponents it does at DPa.

If Bones and the other "DPa pr0s" (:)) did this it would benefit everyone, including themselves. There'd be a lot more people prepared to step into the arena with them, and they wouldn't be at DPa preventing "normal" players from being able to have some fair fights.

Plus at 80's - 90's a/d u can goto KF sometimes and not be slaughtered anywhere near as easy as at 40's - 50's a/d, in fact since attrib cap, a big group of (smart) 90's a/d'ers in KF is a formidable foe to any other one PK'er.

Level limited arenas are great, i still wanna see a 100 a/d one (i'm near on boycotting going to NCa anymore cause it's often pointless unless ur 130+ a/d)... but u DPa PK'ers miss out on one of the most fun parts of EL PK; big multi-combat brawls in Kilaran Field. You could still get to enjoy that side of PK if u all became "KJa pr0s". ;)

...plus i need ur pki :(

Edited by Korrode

If I decide to level, to like 80 a/d, would you look after me Korrode at KF lol and protect me from all the mean ohmygods, deadheads etc lol.

If I decide to level, to like 80 a/d, would you look after me Korrode at KF lol and protect me from all the mean ohmygods, deadheads etc lol.

The difference between u and them wont be bigger from the difference between standard/normal player in 30's a/d and ~20p/c and artifically made DPA monstrums like urself ;)

Lol im not a good fighter yet, Mp but i know a bit about DPA pk culture,

"artifically made DPA monstrums like urself"

wtf Mp lol, just looking for opionions not insults lol.

U want rankings for killing some newbies in 30's i tell u to train and confront urself vs players who r not newbies.

Whole point of pk points given not at 3a/d was coz its too easy to kill newbie/weak players, u can abuse it way too easly, try to confront urself against players who also got decent knowledge about the game.

No idea why u think i insulted u, i didnt, and dont WTF me lol ;)

I though DPA monstrums was an extremely elegant and apt description. :)

Neg tanks designed specifically for that arena and nowhere else.

Whatever floats your boat of course, but...still an apt description ;)

S.

sorry Mp lol (please dont hurt me). I know many players just make an alt and design it into the ultimate DPA pker, but then theres other ones e.g. people who like the game but cna't play 8 hours a day. I have dial up at home computer so i dont really have time to play and get good enough and do real pk, thats why DPA offers a good alternative (and to be honest i like to knwo whose the best and where i stand againist people).

Arrow

sorry Mp lol (please dont hurt me). I know many players just make an alt and design it into the ultimate DPA pker, but then theres other ones e.g. people who like the game but cna't play 8 hours a day. I have dial up at home computer so i dont really have time to play and get good enough and do real pk, thats why DPA offers a good alternative (and to be honest i like to knwo whose the best and where i stand againist people).

Arrow

One way immediately springs to mind of how to see where you stand against other people - try fighting them!

A ranking system like this will tell nothing other than a meaningless number. Maybe the very best player is not interested in slaughtering much weaker players. Maybe another player is only 75% strong but waits and jumps onto every weaker player he sees. It means nothing at all, whereas the simple solution of matching yourself 1on1 with another player of similar strength will tell you 100% who is strongest.

I guess ultimately it depends on whether some person wants to code the bot, maybe just for the challenge of doing something different, but I don't see how it can be truly useful/

While were at it can we code a bot for player most likely to get laughed at for wanting to spend thier entire gaming life at DP arena ?

No need DPA ranking bot

Bones is best. :icon13:

lol How you speak like this,when all your guild is everyday in dpa?If i had all my guildies there i would not need either that bot ;p