Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Today is Peace Day

#Message from Acelon: most landmines in one screen will win a dragon item. Oh, and it must be in a PK area. :)

#Message from Acelon: 15 minutes left to get a screen shot with as many mines possible in a PK area. Send the link of the screen to me as soon as you have it. :)

#Message from Acelon: I'll just announce the winner now. By a wopping 23 mine lead.. Mclane is the winner with 51 mines! (I pity the fool who finds them :))

Are you saying that your contest purely coincidental and have absolutely no relation to the issue of mines on peace day or will you hold your hand up and say that you indeed used the #bc command to show every player in EL your personal (not mod) view of the issue?

No Aislinn not you.

#help_me please announce a similar contest, the most mines on a safe (non-pk map) wins 100,000 gc from me in support of Jezebelle.

[21:41:03][PM from Acelon: Sorry, one contest at a time :P]

Edited by LabRat

#Message from Acelon: most landmines in one screen will win a dragon item. Oh, and it must be in a PK area. :P

#Message from Acelon: 15 minutes left to get a screen shot with as many mines possible in a PK area. Send the link of the screen to me as soon as you have it. :)

#Message from Acelon: I'll just announce the winner now. By a wopping 23 mine lead.. Mclane is the winner with 51 mines! (I pity the fool who finds them :))

Are you saying that your contest purely coincidental and have absolutely no relation to the issue of mines on peace day or will you hold your hand up and say that you indeed used the #bc command to show every player in EL your personal (not mod) view of the issue?

Now you lost me.

Let me clarify my confusion:

1. Last I looked, the issue was initially revisited at the well then beam in an anti-mine demonstration, posted and exhibited publicly by Jezebelle. Fine, I don't see any mods shutting her down. In childish terms, she started it.

2. Acelon capitalized on a currently ongoing issue to make a contest he figured a lot of people would participate in and be interested in due to the furor that had been surrounding it since the other thread.

3. You would have been able to have yours announced if you waited until the other one was finished. You chose not to wait.

4. You then insult the mod team implying a rigged contest and partiality.

Now where exactly is the mod team at fault here?

I will try and make this as clear as I can so you can follow my train of thought.

Aislinn, the last time you PM'd me was with regard to the #abuse I sent about someone inappropriately named on channel 3.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this issue, I have not slighted you in any way in any of the comments I made.

My issue was (and is) squarely with Acelon's usage of the #bc (#message to us normal players) command to show his own personal opinion of a topic that was currently under discussion.

#bc is a mod only command and reaches everyone in EL at the time it is sent. Not like a channel message which can only reach a percentage of the populace.

Acelon using it to display his own feelings on an issue is wrong as he is using his mod powers inappropriately. If the message is not the official game position it should not be transmitted via that means.

That is my take on the situation, and if my understanding is flawed then by all means correct my perception.

Nice bit of admin editing your post there aislinn :)

If the message is not the official game position it should not be transmitted via that means.

I believe the official game position is that landmines are intentionally able to work on peace day and will continue to do so.

And about my admin editing...Well yes, can't win if I double post and can't win if I edit. *shrugs*

Acelon I apologise wholeheartedly and unreservedly to you. Aislinn's post pinned down the flaw in my train of thought perfectly.

Aislinn my "admin edit" reply was because your second (hidden) revision of the post made my reply to yours read badly. My intention was to enlighten you, in turn you enlightened me which I thank you for.

At the end of the day, you actually profited as Mclane and whoever else entered that competition most likely wasted their mines in some out of the way place to get many of them set up. So you and Jeze have indirectly profited from this competition pretty nicely, and you still waste time to BS on forums about how a mod cheated you and didn't announce your event or w/e?

Geez, talk about ungrateful.

Oh, and Clicky. Thats a screenshot of Mclane's mines when he won the contest; so thats 51mines out of the game right there. I guess he didn't use water the same way Jeze did...is that what makes a difference?

Just my 2cents/rant of the day :)

Jow.

At the end of the day, you actually profited as Mclane and whoever else entered that competition most likely wasted their mines in some out of the way place to get many of them set up. So you and Jeze have indirectly profited from this competition pretty nicely, and you still waste time to BS on forums about how a mod cheated you and didn't announce your event or w/e?

Geez, talk about ungrateful.

Oh, and Clicky. Thats a screenshot of Mclane's mines when he won the contest; so thats 51mines out of the game right there. I guess he didn't use water the same way Jeze did...is that what makes a difference?

Just my 2cents/rant of the day :)

Jow.

From the w&w channel
[21:59:56] [player=1 @ wandw]: Well, if you haven't noticed.

[22:00:03] [player=1 @ wandw]: There's a contest going on right now.

[22:00:10] [player=1 @ wandw]: To see who can blow up the most people. :-p

[22:00:39] [player=2 @ wandw]: wel the one cant blow peeps up sinse its in safe mabs

[22:00:39] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: yes..and another one, to have the most landmines in a peace map :)

[22:00:40] [player=1 @ wandw]: Which, may I remind you, would never of happened without you. :-p

[22:01:06] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: the countr contest is worth much more..

[22:01:18] [LabRat @ wandw]: which will dispose of a large amount of mines :P

[22:01:26] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: yep :0

[22:01:30] [player=1 @ wandw]: Which will be remade in the future. :-p

[22:01:32] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: well said and done labby

[22:01:39] [LabRat @ wandw]: win/win \o/

[22:01:49] [player=1 @ wandw]: Actually, it's not win/win. :-p

[22:01:51] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: everything weill be remade..just like the bra's in the 60ies

[22:01:56] [player=1 @ wandw]: They will be remade, Lab.

[22:02:10] [player=1 @ wandw]: Jeze, you can't compare bras to mines. :-p

[22:02:15] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: ^^

[22:02:22] [player=2 @ wandw]: wel i dont care who incuriatetet to what,i just know the debate was not to avoid sinse the day dont live to its purpose

[22:02:24] [player=1 @ wandw]: And you can't compare bra burning to mine protesting.

[22:02:26] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: if you count the effect, we can

[22:02:44] [LabRat @ wandw]: think about it - now most (if not all) of EL knows that it is not safe on peace days so they avoid pk maps. a worthwhile solution

[22:02:46] [player=1 @ wandw]: The effect?

[22:02:49] [player=1 @ wandw]: What effect? :-p

[22:03:08] [player=1 @ wandw]: You're just giving something to entertain themselves with. :-p

[22:03:10] [JezeBelle @ wandw]: correct labby

[22:03:18] [player=1 @ wandw]: giving people*

[22:03:35] [player=1 @ wandw]: I agree with you, Lab.

[22:03:41] [player=1 @ wandw]: You can spread the word all you want.

[22:03:49] [player=1 @ wandw]: But, that's not what the protest was about. :-p

I knew that doing this would rid EL of even more mines hours 2 hours before your post - indeed this was exactly my aim.

Ah, so you knew this and was still ungrateful towards Acelon for running the event with his "personal views" on #bc or w/e?

Maybe its just me, but you didn't make it any better for yourself.

Anyways, its 1AM and I'm off to bed, G'night.

ow.

Your pro signature is too big and breaks forum rules.

Night.

Ok, I wasn't home during this time, but WTF?

If Acelon made a contest and he provided a good prize, then what's your problem? Did you want to offer an even better prize?

When I reach my next gc goal, I think I'll start hoarding landmines.

I hate mines and I hate that people use them to kill people on Peace Day, and I hate this ongoing argument about them. BUT me buying them might make one or two engineers happy, and I can dump them in a well in honor of Peace Day, which is more than I'll ever get to do about RL landmines, and in the meantime, I can enjoy owning them, the way a lady I know in Vermont once enjoyed owning (and letting it be known that she owned) one of that state's coveted moose hunting licenses (she kept it on display in the diner she owned, where all the hunters who didn't have one of their own could see it and ask if she if she'd like to go out for dinner). Thanks for putting mines in the game, Ent. They've added so much to the EL experience. :medieval:

Jeez, I leave for a few hours and this happens.

Just to make something clear... I did not announce the link that showed the mines because I noticed McLane had privacy on... and his stats were listed in the screenshot, so I just respected his privacy :medieval:

Holy Reality check batman. :medieval:

The best way to protest is to log off el, leave your house and

find something -real- that needs a "sit in". This is mind blowing,

watching someone who cannot seem to separate a leisure time

novel -game- for some sort of reality.

I still think my Therapy Stone ($5 ea) will out profit rostos 2:1

(I think I need to use my 20 eng, and the landmine book ive read

to sell to 'protesters' in a game that have lost touch with reality.

Bound to make a killing either way :P )

IMO mines have made peace day fun, and since fun is the point of a game then its all good. I spent peace day in NC cave harving iron while people attempted to blow me up.

Are those players evil and annoying ? nah not to me they wernt, its was a laugh with a bit of friendly banter and they were just trying to have fun in there own way.( and if they want to spend 20k trying to blow me up, compared to my 300 gc for restore spells ,who am i to complain :P )

Note: carry a rost, wear a COL and have he's handy for restore spell and you wont die.. simple !!!

And it still surprises me how many players carry expensive items and no rost :medieval:

this was my the funniest peace day in EL. I blew up more than 20 players :P Got stuff for over than 100k so it paid for all those mines i used. and it was very funny to watch how people were running when they saw me in nc cave even on "peace day". And for all those who made this protest....loooool.

absolutelly useless thing. players will buy mines and use them on peace day anyway. there r many engineers who can make mines and soon i'll be one of them :medieval::)

actually u guys just spent gc and time on supporting engineers because they got your gc so they could train engineering more and make more mines. :blush:

i hope there will be another protest like that on next peace day so jezz u can buy mines from me :D

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

- We have one of many random days named peace day where you can still be killed by landmines

- We have defined peace as the inability for anyone to be hurt? In any manner whatsoever?

- Peace in real life may suggest an end to warfare but doesn't prevent land mines from going off or someone being killed in a back alley

- If we limit ANY harm whatsoever, very soon mods will be called upon to ban players for life because they hurt your feelings on peace day

- But as a form of protest we buy land mines to let them bag-poof

- And in the above effort we give engineers additional experience making said land mines

- And in the above effort we advertise that we will do this, encouraging others to level in engineering to make more and more land mines

- And with the abundance of land mines, eventually protesters will no longer be able to afford them... meaning engineers will take their mines to market

- And a saturated market channel means low bargain prices... so that even more people can afford land mines

- With a large amount of land mines out there, more people can be harmed on peace day

- So the conclusion to bringing this to light and protesting is that you've made it EASIER for people to do that which you dislike?

Interesting tactic...

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

- We have one of many random days named peace day where you can still be killed by landmines

- We have defined peace as the inability for anyone to be hurt? In any manner whatsoever?

Thats whats in the decription of Peace Day..- Peace in real life may suggest an end to warfare but doesn't prevent land mines from going off or someone being killed in a back alley

- If we limit ANY harm whatsoever, very soon mods will be called upon to ban players for life because they hurt your feelings on peace day

Harming feelings on a regular bases falls under harrassement, imo, and is illegal in this World..- But as a form of protest we buy land mines to let them bag-poof

- And in the above effort we give engineers additional experience making said land mines

- And in the above effort we advertise that we will do this, encouraging others to level in engineering to make more and more land mines

- And with the abundance of land mines, eventually protesters will no longer be able to afford them... meaning engineers will take their mines to market

- And a saturated market channel means low bargain prices... so that even more people can afford land mines

- With a large amount of land mines out there, more people can be harmed on peace day

- So the conclusion to bringing this to light and protesting is that you've made it EASIER for people to do that which you dislike?

No one said this will be done each Peace Day.It was a protest, a one-time statement.I recall a protest by a feminin movement in the 60ies, when Bra's were burned. Dont you think those women knew bra's would be made again and again? That too, was to set a statement for everyone..same as I did with the disarming of the landmines ^^

Interesting tactic...

Yes, for those smart enough it is!

Jez

Edited by Entropy
FFS, as Ghrae said, learn to quote properly.

Please learn how to use quotes or I will have your post deleted for false quoting.

Edited by Ghrae

Please learn how to use quotes or I will have your post deleted for false quoting.

FYI: my words are marked as Italic. I did try and mark em as coloured, but it failed ^^

Jez

As long as we're on the topic :), quoting then responding outside the quote box is much easier to see and read, let alone even realize there was a response. It looks like an empty quote with no response when it's done within the quote window.

No one said this will be done each Peace Day.It was a protest, a one-time statement.I recall a protest by a feminin movement in the 60ies, when Bra's were burned. Dont you think those women knew bra's would be made again and again? That too, was to set a statement for everyone..same as I did with the disarming of the landmines ^^

Interesting tactic...

Jez

Look how much good your precedent did...almost every woman wears a bra nowadays..(there are some exceptions, I admit).

What's the point of a protest if you know beforehand it will accomplish nothing?

Edited by fyrrflyy

Interesting tactic...

Jez

Look how much good your precedent did...almost every woman wears a bra nowadays..(there are some exceptions, I admit).

What's the point of a protest if you know beforehand it will accomplish nothing?

You still dont get it, do you?

It wasnt about bra's, or about mines!

Its about standing up for your rights, and about the essence of Peace!

Don't you think I don't know you cannot realy disarm mines here with water essences, how stupid do you think I am?

This is a role playing game, shocking, to hear me say that, right?

But yes, I can roleplay too, as you have seen!

Jez

Interesting tactic...

Jez

You still dont get it, do you?

It wasnt about bra's, or about mines!

Its about standing up for your rights, and about the essence of Peace!

Don't you think I don't know you cannot realy disarm mines here with water essences, how stupid do you think I am?

This is a role playing game, shocking, to hear me say that, right?

But yes, I can roleplay too, as you have seen!

Jez

So in other words, it was nothing more than a childish tantrum because something in the game did not go your way?

Edit- I'm missing the part where anyone said anything about mines being disarmed with water essences, or anyone saying it's not a role-playing game.

Edited by fyrrflyy