Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Today is Peace Day

No one said this will be done each Peace Day.It was a protest, a one-time statement.I recall a protest by a feminin movement in the 60ies, when Bra's were burned. Dont you think those women knew bra's would be made again and again? That too, was to set a statement for everyone..same as I did with the disarming of the landmines ^^

Interesting tactic...

Yes, for those smart enough it is!

Jez

Look how much good your precedent did...almost every woman wears a bra nowadays..(there are some exceptions, I admit).

What's the point of a protest if you know beforehand it will accomplish nothing?

You still dont get it, do you?

It wasnt about bra's, or about mines!

Its about standing up for your rights, and about the essence of Peace!

Don't you think I don't know you cannot realy disarm mines here with water essences, how stupid do you think I am?

This is a role playing game, shocking, to hear me say that, right?

But yes, I can roleplay too, as you have seen!

Jez

So in other words, it was nothing more than a childish tantrum because something in the game did not go your way?

Edit- I'm missing the part where anyone said anything about mines being disarmed with water essences, or anyone saying it's not a role-playing game.

You wish to call the female protests in the 60ies childish? If so, then yes, call mine that too..^^

Perhaps it takes a female to understand this entire issue..

And To Acelon: if you wish to quote the description of Peace Day, please make it acurate, and not just the part you want to read!

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=431599

you left out the most important part:

" Today we celebrate life and, as such, we will not fight with each other, nor will we harm any life form."

Jez

You are the only one comparing a RL expression of womans rights to dismantling mines in a GAME in some sort of protest against a day of peace loophole in a GAME that is mostly concerned with fighting.

But, I am not a female, so must be missing the point.

Can I say you are missing the point because you ARE female? Or would that be sexist?

S.

I understand your statements Jez and agree with you. The other folks are just being asses. If your opinion doesn't match their's then you HAVE to be wrong. <In their eyes> I like the idea of "....we will not fight with each other, nor will we harm any life form" on peace day. Doesn't seem like it's working out the way it's worded though, does it?

Ah well while we're on the topic, today's description is wrong too.

Our scientist's have noticed a solar activity increase, so the UV rays and the solar wind are going to cause damage to all living beings (Isla Prima not affected).

Monsters (raccons, ferans, such) would be classified as living beings, no? They don't take damage.

Edited by fyrrflyy

You are the only one comparing a RL expression of womans rights to dismantling mines in a GAME in some sort of protest against a day of peace loophole in a GAME that is mostly concerned with fighting.

But, I am not a female, so must be missing the point.

Can I say you are missing the point because you ARE female? Or would that be sexist?

S.

roflol. pwnd :(

So Jez wants to make a statement , thats good isnt it ? Why do people feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and try to make her feel a bit stupid for having a voice and using it ?

Ive seen it happen on these forums, someone trys to think of an idea thats a bit out there and all of a sudden youve got 10-15 people repeatedly typing '' n00b !! ROFL j00 DUM8 A$$ '' and other such things. Oh well , such is the ''community spirit'' I suppose.

Completely off topic but why do some people habitually type in the outlaw forums when the event had absolutely nothing to do with them ? wtf is up with that ?

On topic again, instead of continually poking fun isnt it better to lock the topic ? Or is thier still some life left in this one to have fun at someones expense ?

* edit * not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything, just saying why let it drag on ? not going anywhere is it

Edited by Ateh

Wait wait wait...

She made a statement, but what's said in the thread description?

So..come and make a statement

She made statement, others made statement.

Moreover, why do you think she felt a bit stupid?

in fact the descritpion of peace day mislead me as a new player.

I went to pk map in the opinion that players wouldnt be able to kill me, as said in the desc.

So maybe just change the desc to "...except for damage from mines" , then nobody is mislead.

I welcome the spirit of this day and to bring it to life while playing, but as we see, others feel different and play different...thats ok imho.

:hug:

Wait wait wait...

She made a statement, but what's said in the thread description?

So..come and make a statement

She made statement, others made statement.

Moreover, why do you think she felt a bit stupid?

Where is said that I feel a bit stupid about this action?

I am NOT..I am proud of what I did, esp when I see SO many others feel the same way!

And yes, I started this whole thing, to make a statement, but a statement has more value when others support it..and thats what was done here..

Jez

Mines are funny part of this game and they shoud be use on peace day

p.s pked few exc capes :hug:

I have to say, that the fun is always only on the one side of the mine.

Now, I do not mind using mines at Peace Day at all, since I don't venture into PK either naked or with rostogol, but this fun is only for those with mines, not those blown up. Think about it.

http://www.cumbria.police.uk/makingcumbriasafer_1954.htm

Bullying - How Can You Tell?

Bullying can be obvious - someone hitting you or threatening you - but it can also be harder to pin down. Bullies will often claim that what they are doing is a joke or a game.

If in doubt ask yourself: -

1. If it is a joke, is everyone laughing?

2. If it is a game, is everyone enjoying it?

3. If it was an accident, is anyone trying to help?

Having fun at someone else's expense is bullying.

Labrat, concerning your bully implications...

By posting that to this thread, you imply that everyone not agreeing with Jezebelle is a bully...

However, based on that, you also imply that Jezebelle is a bully since she is posting an alternate opinion to the chief game developer... or in fact to everyone who does not agree with her.

As much as you may want to support her, I don't think bringing the concept of bully into this thread has any relevancy. If in game we followed her around, tried to trick her on to PK maps or mines, ok, maybe... but having a different opinion, having the equal ability to post that opinion... that does not make us bullies.

If you are trying to point out a single individual and you have proof, then post that... not some generic definition of bully that implies everyone not on her side.

- We have defined peace as the inability for anyone to be hurt? In any manner whatsoever?

Have you really read the description of peace day? It's in my siggy. I think you all like stirring the pot, IE adding flames to the fire. It says, "nor will we harm ANY life form."

Added the last sentence.

Edited by popeye

Have YOU read it? I could drop 20 mines near you. *I* am not harming you. The mine is.

Just like in real life. I could build a picket fence around my yard. You could try to scale it, slip, fall on the pointed top blades of the fence. And guess what, *I* didn't harm you.

Also, quote the FULL description. Out of context quotes are meaningless. Just like your arguement

Have YOU read it? I could drop 20 mines near you. *I* am not harming you. The mine is.

Just like in real life. I could build a picket fence around my yard. You could try to scale it, slip, fall on the pointed top blades of the fence. And guess what, *I* didn't harm you.

Also, quote the FULL description. Out of context quotes are meaningless. Just like your arguement

YOu put the mines there to harm a life form..

As in rl life? You zo not put a fence around your yard to hurt ppl..but..if you place a bomb near a person and that person gets killed, its the mines fault? Will the mine be send to jail? Come on...

Jez

Ok enough already.

I am locking this. Anybody who attempts to continue this topic (and any tangents that arose) anywhere else in these forums runs the risk of my seeing it and putting you on posting restriction indefinitely.