Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Experimental Guild Rankings

cant view my private rankings anymore guess problems with the site

Try it now, your rankings should be available with your password.

The other stats for the Rankings page are coming

Player Rankings for tempest

last 365 days

Skill Rank Num Tied

Attack 1 -1

Defense 1 -1

Summoning 1 -1

Harvest 1 -1

Alchemy 1 -1

Magic 1 -1

Potion 1 -1

Manufacture 1 -1

Crafting 1 -1

Engineering 1 -1

Tailoring 1 -1

Overall 1 -1

pkScore 1 -1

pkFights 1 -1

pkWon 1 -1

xD

Player Rankings for tempest

last 365 days

Skill Rank Num Tied

Attack 1 -1

Defense 1 -1

Summoning 1 -1

Harvest 1 -1

Alchemy 1 -1

Magic 1 -1

Potion 1 -1

Manufacture 1 -1

Crafting 1 -1

Engineering 1 -1

Tailoring 1 -1

Overall 1 -1

pkScore 1 -1

pkFights 1 -1

pkWon 1 -1

xD

What URL are you using? The proper URL should be http://el.other-life.com/top/ranking.php . If you had the old URL bookmarked, that's not being supported.

I'm showing valid stats for you on that page.

well thats the page i went on and i only get those stats shown :/

Any chance you have a leading or trailing space? The list you are showing is also what it shows for non-existant characters (have to change that I think :D )

Problem solved, was a mistake on my side not the rankin page.

Edited by Tempest

I really can't think of a single way to have a non-included 0 level turning into an included 1 level that doesn't lower the average (that includes all valid entities in the sample anyway).

Don't limit yourself to one of the most simple of means then and by the way, Schmurk already posted a way on this thread that doesn't have that problem, though it has the other problems/disadvantages of the plain average.

Don't limit yourself to one of the most simple of means then and by the way, Schmurk already posted a way on this thread that doesn't have that problem, though it has the other problems/disadvantages of the plain average.

Yes, but it's more fair.

Actually, if you put someone with a good level in a given skill in a guild where everybody has 0 in this skill, then the whole guild will have a good rank just thanks to 1 person. It's completely unfair IMO.

Yes, but it's more fair.

Actually, if you put someone with a good level in a given skill in a guild where everybody has 0 in this skill, then the whole guild will have a good rank just thanks to 1 person. It's completely unfair IMO.

It takes a minimum number of people with that skill before that guild is considered. That is to slow down this type of faking. Currently you must have at least 3 people from a guild that it is considering, which is why Aislinn is complaining about that feature. That may change in the future.

question: everytime i get a summon lvl or 2, depends, Havn guild gets 1 ranking in summoning more. as u can see they started on 8 and are now #3.

anyway im switching between =hc= and havn guild sometimes cuz i visit friends and somehow my stats only get counted for havn.

is there any time limit how long i have to be in a guild to get my stats counted for the guild?

I mean, dre has around ~120 a/d and TooMass has +130's. But dre ranked better than TooMass in CombatSkills. Kinda weird...

And, i m also ~140th at a/d but not top 200 in CombatSkills :)

Last, Can u add the allround/combatskills options to the ranking page plz?

Your summoning? :whistle:

Archery too will count in the future :bow_arrow:

Summoning?? :confused:

From when summoning used to be a combat skill?!?! :whistle:

Summoning?? :bow_arrow:

From when summoning used to be a combat skill?!?! :)

You can for example summon with it.

Summon could for example attack of be attacked by monster or player.

Summons could for example deal some damage to the opponent.

The damage could for example decrease hp of the opponent.

The hp could for example become 0, when the opponent could for example die.

Summoning?? :devlish:

From when summoning used to be a combat skill?!?! ;)

You can for example summon with it.

Summon could for example attack of be attacked by monster or player.

Summons could for example deal some damage to the opponent.

The damage could for example decrease hp of the opponent.

The hp could for example become 0, when the opponent could for example die.

You can't summon something while fighting... :P (I mean really summoning not stones)

You can't summon something while fighting... :devlish: (I mean really summoning not stones)

Summoned creature can perform combat independently. The summoner does not have to attack anybody, attacking is in the spirit of the creature already. Maybe it has something to do with ingredients.

k ville. then please tell me why someone who didnt play for 290 days is in top 20 combat skills :devlish:

EDIT and also tell me why markusweck is #18 even tho he never restores while fighting and dies.

i know u do ur best learner and the guild list is pr0 but, about the other lists, they'r not rly helpful if they'r totally wrong

Edited by Tempest

k ville. then please tell me why someone who didnt play for 290 days is in top 20 combat skills :devlish:

EDIT and also tell me why markusweck is #18 even tho he never restores while fighting and dies.

i know u do ur best learner and the guild list is pr0 but, about the other lists, they'r not rly helpful if they'r totally wrong

The default for Top Player & Guilds is 365 days. You can shorten that based on when they were last in game by changing the pull down and Submitting. So, you aren't limited to seeingthe older names if you don't want to. That was one of the many improvements I added after I took over from Mihaim.

The rankings only use skills as well, no attributes or how they play are used.

ahhhh k didnt know that. thought the combatskill was done in skills which is basicly impossible if i think about it.

sorry for the problems, nice lists. and right too ;):rolleyes:

k ville. then please tell me why someone who didnt play for 290 days is in top 20 combat skills :)

LOL :rolleyes::D

The default for Top Player & Guilds is 365 days. You can shorten that based on when they were last in game by changing the pull down and Submitting. So, you aren't limited to seeingthe older names if you don't want to. That was one of the many improvements I added after I took over from Mihaim.

The rankings only use skills as well, no attributes or how they play are used.

Ok. But can you tell us the formula for combatskills? plz? ;)

I am flattered to be ranked #5 in combat skills... maybe I should give Asgnny (#6) a try...

Whilst I am extremely flattered, imho summoning is not a combat skill - and should be removed - or at least its weighting significantly reduced. Until you are able to summon from ings in a fight, training summoning is merely a click & mix fest on stones. In a fight - anyone with stones has the same abilities.

I am flattered to be ranked #5 in combat skills... maybe I should give Asgnny (#6) a try...

Whilst I am extremely flattered, imho summoning is not a combat skill - and should be removed - or at least its weighting significantly reduced. Until you are able to summon from ings in a fight, training summoning is merely a click & mix fest on stones. In a fight - anyone with stones has the same abilities.

It doesn't matter if it's included or not as the average used to determine the ranking is not up to the task, as was pointed out in this post and further posts of the same thread. This applies to the guild rankings as well at least if people want them to imply "bragging rights" :D

I'm currently working on a little script that will allow interested players to test different formulas for the task at hand (my first openoffice.org basic script :P), will post it when it's done :(

And what is the most powerful creature or stone you could summon/make and how much could the summons kill before being destroyed (when used properly)? If you chose the situation and really tried, just what could you do (multi-combat map, etc)?

You may not be using summoning for combat, but summoning is a skill aimed directly at combat (more so then magic even). It's not as if you haven't leveled you're A/D, you've got a bit available there even if they are lower then asgnny. I do feel that the effect of summoning being included will be reduced after ranged weapons users have had a chance to level as well.

Keep in mind that I'm not trying to see who is the strongest fighter here, but ranking the skills of players. The strongest fighter may not have the highet skills, the best PK'r may not be the strongest fighter, and the most skills player may not ever PK! Those are all different different questions that might lead to very different formulas. Combats Skills is NOT Combat Strength.

And what is the most powerful creature or stone you could summon/make and how much could the summons kill before being destroyed (when used properly)? If you chose the situation and really tried, just what could you do (multi-combat map, etc)?

I would not use a 'summon', I would use a summon stone, and as such, my summoning skill is of no benefit.

You may not be using summoning for combat, but summoning is a skill aimed directly at combat

I would love to know the last time summoning (not stones) was actually used in combat.

I would not use a 'summon', I would use a summon stone, and as such, my summoning skill is of no benefit.

You may not be using summoning for combat, but summoning is a skill aimed directly at combat

I would love to know the last time summoning (not stones) was actually used in combat.

I agree with Learner even if, as i said countless times elsewhere, summoning needs some tuning.

Check my siggy for the last non-stone summoning action :lipssealed:

I agree with this. Using a summoning stone has nothing to do with the summoning skill. Summoning the skill is not mainly used in fighting, from everything I have seen. Just because summoners have taken up making stones to sell to fighters, they themselves are not using that skill to fight. I also think summoning skill should be removed from the combat formula.

I do agree that the summoning stones do make more of a mess of this, but keep in mind that the summoning stones to require summoning to make & that makes you a good source for the stones. If you sell or give your stones away, in a way your a being proxy'd into the combat.