Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaddy

Drop Free PKing Maps!

Thats the part you don't understand, IF people want to PK, they will go to ND map, rather than waste GC on a Rosto on a empty map. Thus reducing the cost of Rosto stones, and how often they are bought from the shop. You really need to think of these things befor you post.

Believe me the cost of breaks and used pots/essies/etcs are more than cost of rostos... People will still buy rosts from EL shop... I have no doubt about that...

i dont even need to post anymore since robotbob and superman are on this topic. they'r exactly telling you in a nice a way what i was trying to say over and over again. thx :whistle:

I personally dont dispute the point you are trying to make, but when looked at with the bigger picture ( ie:New capped arena's after the update where ppl wont need to go to KF and get mobbed by 120-130+ a/d players) wouldnt this help all levels of pkers ? or should we just say " fuck it, sod them high players,let them sit in KF alone" ?

Thats the part you don't understand, IF people want to PK, they will go to ND map, rather than waste GC on a Rosto on a empty map. Thus reducing the cost of Rosto stones, and how often they are bought from the shop. You really need to think of these things befor you post.

Believe me the cost of breaks and used pots/essies/etcs are more than cost of rostos... People will still buy rosts from EL shop... I have no doubt about that...

Lol, use NMT cape then, there are no Branchers left in the game. (By branchers I mean people who use that weapon more than anything else..) so you don't have to worry about armour/weapon breaks. (As much anyways.) And ess/pots are easy enough to come by, and trust me, people will NOT buy Rostogol Stones, when there is a ND map, what the fuck is the point they wont sell for much gc, and they wont be used for anything, apart from training/alchers or whatever.

i dont even need to post anymore since robotbob and superman are on this topic. they'r exactly telling you in a nice a way what i was trying to say over and over again. thx :whistle:

I personally dont dispute the point you are trying to make, but when looked at with the bigger picture ( ie:New capped arena's after the update where ppl wont need to go to KF and get mobbed by 120-130+ a/d players) wouldnt this help all levels of pkers ? or should we just say " fuck it, sod them high players,let them sit in KF alone" ?

New Capped Areana's wont do fuck all, apart from reduce the amount of PK for the higher level players, and probs reduce PK more than it is now... We need to remove some PK maps befor we can start the real suggestions on how to improve PK, not sit here and make more PK area's. And for those of you who PVP, it's not really hard to find a Guild map and use that is it, lol.

99.9% of Suggestions to 'Improve PK' wont do anything.

Lol, use NMT cape then, there are no Branchers left in the game. (By branchers I mean people who use that weapon more than anything else..) so you don't have to worry about armour/weapon breaks. (As much anyways.) And ess/pots are easy enough to come by, and trust me, people will NOT buy Rostogol Stones, when there is a ND map, what the fuck is the point they wont sell for much gc, and they wont be used for anything, apart from training/alchers or whatever.

New Capped Areana's wont do fuck all, apart from reduce the amount of PK for the higher level players, and probs reduce PK more than it is now... We need to remove some PK maps befor we can start the real suggestions on how to improve PK, not sit here and make more PK area's. And for those of you who PVP, it's not really hard to find a Guild map and use that is it, lol.

99.9% of Suggestions to 'Improve PK' wont do anything.

In any of my posts, i never said "Lets add some more PK's w0000t"... I m totally against the new capped arenas. From 5 years of experience, i totally believe that ND maps will be the first spark to make PK alive...

Thats what I ment by the bigger picture.... New arena's for good or bad are coming in the next update, so looking to the future imo a map like a NDD one would bring all the pkers together (and if Radu stopped doing NDD's once a week as well it would make it the only place to get NDD), because the way I see it, after the update pk will become even more fractured, so a common place to go is needed, but ppl wont go unless there is a perk to going

valid point, but actually this is (IMO) against the spirit of PK. PK = player Kill, you go into the PK maps to get killed or kill other players. PK maps are NOT meant to be a safe place where you can fight opponents on the same lvl, it's a map where you can get attacked by every monster, player, summon, or whatever. Ent already made an old-style PK map and people still dont go there with noob stuff or normal gear. they'r only there on NDD with good armor, why? cuz they got the advantage of no cooldown then.

imo it's ok if you make a suggestion like that, but if it will help pk at all... i highly doubt... will just make the whole pk a fight vs same lvled players.

EDIT: im not a high lvl player myself but i still go to KF. with 1-2 friends, (since attribute cap is implemented) it's easy to kill 130-140 a/d.

Edited by Tempest

Well the new arenas are coming, hopefully Radu will post PK stats a few months later...

If it turns out the people against them were wrong, and the amount of PK fights in EL significantly increases, hopefully it will make you open to the idea that you dont actually know everything and cant predict people or the future, and might go "hey maybe i'm wrong, maybe a ND map would work"...

Cause if the level limited arenas dont work, i'll be the first to say i was wrong, lets hope you're all big enough to do the same.

EDIT:

but i still go to KF. with 1-2 friends, (since attribute cap is implemented) it's easy to kill 130-140 a/d.
Temp man i've been online and PK'ing on most recent NDDs and am active in PK on normal days too, i haven't seen u in PK in ages :D finish up whatever it is your doing that had you standing at Arius sto in an exc cape mid NDD and get back to PK so i can pwnt you :whistle: Edited by Korrode

but i still go to KF. with 1-2 friends, (since attribute cap is implemented) it's easy to kill 130-140 a/d.
Temp man i've been online and PK'ing on most recent NDDs and am active in PK on normal days too, i haven't seen u in PK in ages :D finish up whatever it is your doing that had you standing at Arius sto in an exc cape mid NDD and get back to PK so i can pwnt you :whistle:

awww hunny you'll get pwnd soon enough with all ur friends just wat a lil :D

EDIT: need to prepare a bit to kill 10 people at once if 3 of them are 140-150 a/d u know ;*]

Edited by Tempest

Temp man i've been online and PK'ing on most recent NDDs and am active in PK on normal days too, i haven't seen u in PK in ages :P finish up whatever it is your doing that had you standing at Arius sto in an exc cape mid NDD and get back to PK so i can pwnt you :D

awww hunny you'll get pwnd soon enough with all ur friends just wat a lil :D

EDIT: need to prepare a bit to kill 10 people at once if 3 of them are 140-150 a/d u know ;*]

Our team is enough to kill everyone. Good luck with it... I will make my siggy when i first kill you. No doubt it wont take much :D good luck babe :whistle:

No drop day is something rare. It does only last 6 hours.

If you eat cookies all the time, they start to taste bad. After couple of weeks this would be like all other PK areas. Sometimes action, most of times not.

This is the best post Ive saw yet on this thread.

No drop day is something rare. It does only last 6 hours.

If you eat cookies all the time, they start to taste bad. After couple of weeks this would be like all other PK areas. Sometimes action, most of times not.

This is the best post Ive saw yet on this thread.

Same thing that I said in my post(s).

#Edit - Removing every PK Map/Cave on C2, will increase PK, then turn the WS arena into a ND arena, I think is a good idea.

Then people will happily train in them like now, but this time they will not be PKed. They will not wander to other maps to be killed instead of training. More PK? :bow_arrow:

#Edit - Removing every PK Map/Cave on C2, will increase PK, then turn the WS arena into a ND arena, I think is a good idea.

Btw, plz tell me the differences between my posts and this post? :)

People wont use c2 PK's if we have ND arena/map at all. So why need to remove them?

"Why should I go to KF to get jumped by 2-3 players 20-30 a/d higher than me, when I can go to a 80 or a 100 a/d capped arena and fight people my own level"

Yeah how horrid is it going to be for the 120+ a/d people... the only people they will have to fight... is... each other :) (or a group of lower level people) ...so unfair eh?

@Korrode

I restrained from making this comment until now. Since this is a reoccurring theme of your emancipation posts of the poor

people lower ad: NDD at 2008-02-17 , I entered KF via the DP entrance, I observed you fighting Sirrich, who is at least 20ad

levels lower than you, I waited. The moment I engage you (When sirrich was near death) You disengaged and tele'd after 10

seconds. Sirrich made it out with ~5hp. So it best to champion your need for level limited arenas\NDD Map, instead of the

poor downtrodden lower ad people meanies are killing.

I am with you on finding a way to make pk more active, more fun. Like anyone I would want cheaper, but not at the cost

of totally ending the game and radu's desire to manage it (no $ and nonstop bitching about how pk is dead still, for a few

months of cheaper pk.) The only reason I can see that radu gives us a weekend of ~3-6 hours of ndd, is the money sink of

damage gear and used ingame items, but I highly doubt he will purposefully make rostogol usage go down.

Tempest is right, and what you are asking for is a 'pk training map', essentially. Even the non-pker, Theladin, said "I would very

likely use it to improve my fighting techniques and eventually move on to real PK maps. "

Let me end my comment quoting the man, who has the only opinion that matters on this:

Ok, the problem is that we make most of our money from selling rostogols on the shop.

So if we make a non drops map, then there is little reason for people to buy rostos, because they won't need to tain on monsters (they can just pvp there), and no need to go to other PK maps.

So why would I implement something that:

1. Makes us get less money.

2. Makes the current pk maps totally unused (right now there is still some action there).

3. Makes he game easier.

4. Makes the no drops day useless.

Any good reason for me to implement it?

Why are we discussing this again?

Edited by robotbob

Ok, the problem is that we make most of our money from selling rostogols on the shop.

So if we make a non drops map, then there is little reason for people to buy rostos, because they won't need to tain on monsters (they can just pvp there), and no need to go to other PK maps.

So why would I implement something that:

1. Makes us get less money.

2. Makes the current pk maps totally unused (right now there is still some action there).

3. Makes he game easier.

4. Makes the no drops day useless.

Any good reason for me to implement it?

Why are we discussing this again?

Thats the post I was looking for, hehe. :) That basically says everything I was trying to say here in my posts.

I didnt know that was discussed before. Tried "search" but couldnt find anything...

Well i m out then. Thanks for all who replied their thoughts and ideas. And thanks the ones who werent for the idea coz they made the discussions of good/bad points.

This was my last suggestion :) Cya all ingame and Happy PKing :(

EDIT# Btw, Liq and bob pwnt me :P

Edited by OldySchooly

@Korrode

I restrained from making this comment until now. Since this is a reoccurring theme of your emancipation posts of the poor

people lower ad: NDD at 2008-02-17 , I entered KF via the DP entrance, I observed you fighting Sirrich, who is at least 20ad

levels lower than you, I waited. The moment I engage you (When sirrich was near death) You disengaged and tele'd after 10

seconds. Sirrich made it out with ~5hp. So it best to champion your need for level limited arenas\NDD Map, instead of the

If i diss-tele'd off you, no matter how long the fight had been going for, it's because i'd looked at the situation, calculated my chances of success and decided they were too low, and made the (imo) best strategic move.

I'm not afraid to fight stronger people, i just much prefer to do it when a strategy is being used that has significantly upped my success chances (eg. working in a team)... if we're resorting to using examples of actual recent gameplay, then a couple of names of stronger fighters that come to mind who've helped up my pki recently are Randmck and SmurF, thanks fellas ;)

(I wouldn't usually publicly gloat about specific victories over enemy PK'ers i respect, but an example of my actual in-game actions are being used to attempt to make me look like a coward, so i feel i have no choice. (EDIT: so it's clear and i dont look like i'm bending the truth, i didn't kill either of them single-handedly, the strategy being used was teamwork, but i did get the pki :)))

And some further evidence in my defence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TixGf9wXqWc

Fast forward about 3 minutes in... 6 people not engaged in combat in that arena, all allies with each other, all were my enemies... 4 were weaker than me... the one i attack is not one of those 4.

On topic:

If Radu has spoken, than Radu has spoken.

fine fine.

Edited by Korrode

ok.. i do not pk. b/c my a/d is only 42/42. but on a NDD i run to dp arena and fight as long as im on.. i usually die.. but i dont care b/c i dont loose anything.. but im having loads of fun.. ndd's are the most fun i have on EL.. and yes. on ndd alot of noobs are standing on sides of arena's watching.. but the arena is also filled with way more ppl than usual actually pking. so. if there was a ndd map with no exp. i think it would be a great idea.. whenever i got tired of harving for manu and alchemy i would go pk for a little while.. its very fun. and i dont think it would be too crowded b/c its really not too crowded at dp arena on ndd. just alot of ppl watching.. but the increase in actual fighters makes it fun. b/c even if you can diss from a fight.. there are like 15 ppl there to catch it. but anyways.. i think it would be a great place to have fun.. but i say there should be a limit.. once your a/d gets in the 80's-100+. you can afford rosto's more than the average person... so i think the ndd map with no exp is a good idea.. but i also think there should be a a/d cap on it of some kind.

@Korrode.

You may calculate ur chances and w/e, but when you dis/tele on sight, that shows nothing but your a coward. Conavar has my highest respect because no matter what he encounters, he will fight until he cannot anymore. He doesnt run right when he see's he will more than likely lose a battle, he stands and fights. That earns my respect no matter what.

No drop map is a bad idea, ive already agreed with ville. It would be nothing more than a TD map or the enemy command. Imo, having NDD is something to look forward to and something we can earn. Its not something that can be wore out very quickly. The map would get old just like TD did, and just like the set enemy command did.

@Kidberg

Well as Bob said, i didnt diss-tele on sight... i dont remember the exact situation on the day, idk if i'd just been fighting someone else before sirrich or what... but generally i will fight anyone until im outta mana, people stronger than me who own JSoC im reluctant to engage though i cant deny.

And yeah there are some situations i will instantly tele; eg. i portal into KF solo and DoA+Toom+SmurF is head towards me, yeah i tele straight up, if that makes me a chicken in some ppls eyes, idc.

"Why should I go to KF to get jumped by 2-3 players 20-30 a/d higher than me, when I can go to a 80 or a 100 a/d capped arena and fight people my own level"

Yeah how horrid is it going to be for the 120+ a/d people... the only people they will have to fight... is... each other :D (or a group of lower level people) ...so unfair eh?

@Korrode

Big words :D

But IMO this is a bad idea ;/ Only teh ebuls wud go there after the first Month and I predict people wud get bored of pking.......

Ideas we can all agree on seem to be:

1) Making PK cheaper

2) Removing a few pk maps

3) Getting people to have ballz!

Just a noob pkers opinion :D

.. but i say there should be a limit.. once your a/d gets in the 80's-100+. you can afford rosto's more than the average person...

I must be doing something wrong then, because im skint :D (but fighters earning money from drops is another topic all together)

well there are 2 that have been said over and over and i think that one of them should happen.

1. Rosto's should become cheaper and easier to find or even makable which is sorda bazar

2. If you don't lose items the no xp and a higher chance of break and maybe its multi

I would prefer number 2 but if this was added i would like either one or both.

I like this suggestion but it has been suggested before and everyone has been wanting this to happen who are afraid to pk.

@Korrode.

You may calculate ur chances and w/e, but when you dis/tele on sight, that shows nothing but your a coward. Conavar has my highest respect because no matter what he encounters, he will fight until he cannot anymore. He doesnt run right when he see's he will more than likely lose a battle, he stands and fights. That earns my respect no matter what.

No drop map is a bad idea, ive already agreed with ville. It would be nothing more than a TD map or the enemy command. Imo, having NDD is something to look forward to and something we can earn. Its not something that can be wore out very quickly. The map would get old just like TD did, and just like the set enemy command did.

thats what i call having balls :P