Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Peace Day?

im not talking about bad suggestions. im talking about people who wanna change every little shit that they dont like, but whats alrdy placed ingame for a good time. as if i care what gets suggested generally, if the devs dont like it they dont choose it anyway. what i mean is players always taking alrdy ingame stuff into forum to discuss days and days about it with new suggestions and everything. im honestly starting to get a lil pissed about that, cuz i think its enough sometime.

and jimp, for ur great joke u just went on top of my brod list. :)

great another bully to bad pker sever died i guess people dont like getting bullied there either go figure

such a useless topic why the fuck do u always wanna change everything thats open for discussion :S

cant you just let something be like it is instead of trying to make it better and better with the final result it only gets worse?

Small minds ........

Change can be either good or bad, we won't know if it is either til it's tried. In the end, it's Radu and the dev's call. Don't belittle folks because you're small minded. Are you 13? 20? You change as you age. The world is always changing.

You are threatening me because of a post? :P oh well... I hope that BROD is worth the pickaxe you'll find in my DB :P

What I was trying to get across was just add to the topic... don't post if all you're going to say is " STFU Everyone"

Edited by JimP

im not talking about bad suggestions. im talking about people who wanna change every little shit that they dont like, but whats alrdy placed ingame for a good time. as if i care what gets suggested generally, if the devs dont like it they dont choose it anyway. what i mean is players always taking alrdy ingame stuff into forum to discuss days and days about it with new suggestions and everything. im honestly starting to get a lil pissed about that, cuz i think its enough sometime.

great another bully to bad pker sever died i guess people dont like getting bullied there either go figure

whatever you mean, rephrase it pls so i can understand it.

such a useless topic why the fuck do u always wanna change everything thats open for discussion :S

cant you just let something be like it is instead of trying to make it better and better with the final result it only gets worse?

Small minds ........

Change can be either good or bad, we won't know if it is either til it's tried. In the end, it's Radu and the dev's call. Don't belittle folks because you're small minded. Are you 13? 20? You change as you age. The world is always changing.

sure but read my 2nd post, im tried of people trying to change everything thats alrdy in game for a good while. you guys who complain about everything (not talking about those who are trying to help woth suggestions sometimes - thats good.) should just make a new game for themselves. easier than changing whole EL u know :)

You are threatening me because of a post? :P oh well... I hope that BROD is worth the pickaxe you'll find in my DB ;)

What I was trying to get across was just add to the topic... don't post if all you're going to say is " STFU Everyone"

not threatening you, just warning. and a pickaxe is enough to get me satisfied :D

EDIT: not my point to start a flame war here but, whats so hard in changing the lil desrciption of peace day instead of discussing over 9 pages how freedom gets abused?

Edited by Tempest

EDIT: not my point to start a flame war here but, whats so hard in changing the lil desrciption of peace day instead of discussing over 9 pages how freedom gets abused?

I think it's really simple. "Freedom" is a very big word. It sounds good. If you whine you get killed by a mine during the Peace Day in PK area people will laugh at you or pat your shoulder to make you feel slightly better. If you yell that "Freedom" as been abused it... ends with 9 pages of useless spam.

Maybe Radu should change "Peace Day" to "Ebul Engineers day" Then those ebul engineers can pepper the maps with land mines and poision caltrops and damage all the peacefull people who thought they could build armors and swords without paying high consulting fees to the engineers.

Small minds ........

sure but read my 2nd post, im tried of people trying to change everything thats alrdy in game for a good while. you guys who complain about everything (not talking about those who are trying to help woth suggestions sometimes - thats good.) should just make a new game for themselves. easier than changing whole EL u know ;)

<snip>

I know exactly what Tempest means here and I agree with him 100%. This is not a "discussion" about improving EL, it's somebody complaining because they don't like a game feature and demanding it changed. And then to top it off, people are "voting" on it like it actually is up for debate and a vote. I think people need to relook at the word BETA. It doesn't mean you received partial ownership in this game, it means you are testers for this game to see if things work or not. It does not mean you get to design your own game. I cannot believe this thread is still going!

I know exactly what Tempest means here and I agree with him 100%. This is not a "discussion" about improving EL, it's somebody complaining because they don't like a game feature and demanding it changed. And then to top it off, people are "voting" on it like it actually is up for debate and a vote. I think people need to relook at the word BETA. It doesn't mean you received partial ownership in this game, it means you are testers for this game to see if things work or not. It does not mean you get to design your own game. I cannot believe this thread is still going!
7. If you really have such a big problem with the name, I can change it to something else. Any suggestions please?

IMO the fact that this thread is still going is a good hint that it's an issue that is moving people. Not the worst sign for a community - I'd rather have it this way than having 1000 people play and not care about the game. This even is more true for a testing audience - what is a test worth if you don't receive feedback?

About "ownership" and "designing your own game": there have been polls and threads about certain features in the past, and Entropy himself asked for suggestions. If he would be totally against any change regarding this thread, he would probably have said it right there. As far as I can remember, he's not afraid to use direct language or the "lock" button on the bottom of this page.

Cheers,

maj

IMO the fact that this thread is still going is a good hint that it's an issue that is moving people. Not the worst sign for a community - I'd rather have it this way than having 1000 people play and not care about the game. This even is more true for a testing audience - what is a test worth if you don't receive feedback?

About "ownership" and "designing your own game": there have been polls and threads about certain features in the past, and Entropy himself asked for suggestions. If he would be totally against any change regarding this thread, he would probably have said it right there. As far as I can remember, he's not afraid to use direct language or the "lock" button on the bottom of this page.

Cheers,

maj

ok I understand ur point, and i dont think aislinn/ent or anyone else has a problem with suggestion. but i can completly understand that aislinn as well as other mods/devs are annoyed by the fact that such a discussion goes over 9 or 10 pages by now even tho it was started by jezebelle asking to change the description of peace day afaik. but as aislinn said in her post this isnt rly a discussion, it's more like complaining about features already ingame like several other times.

anyway i wont post here anymore since i dont want this topic to get more pages. the "discussion" ends here for me cause it gets more and more offtopic.

Thanks.

7. If you really have such a big problem with the name, I can change it to something else. Any suggestions please?

Swords to ploughshares crossed my mind.

This topic was never meant to whine or complain about features. I have lived through all the changes made the last 4 years and Im still here and happy.

Correct, I dont agree with all the changes made, but such is life, deal with it or leave..I agree.

That doesnt mean I will stop opening duscussions or ask questions about things that concern me, we live in a free World, and yes, Radu is free to close any topic he doesnt want expanding, and even delete items, he is free to do so and should be accepted, as it is his world to begin with.

All I am saying is that the description of the Peace Day is incorrect.

2 options are open imo; disable the mines on peace day (which prolly means alot of work for the allready hardworking defs)

or simply change the decription, less hard and it gives clearity about what you can expect of such a day.

Jez

I'm done posting here too, people obviously don't read before they post, or understand what they are reading, possibly don't even understand what they are posting.

This definitely started as a complaint, the name change/description change offer only came way later. And I think we all agreed that the description should be changed.

It never was up for debate to get rid of the mines working on peace day. And ent's posts made that clear as well. He's not an idiot, he knows what he's doing and what he's coded. He WANTS the mines to work on Peace Day. Yet you and others still harp on about getting rid of them, and that's what your opening post wanted, along with a major complaint about it.

If everybody posted in general chat whining about something they don't like ingame, there would be no bandwidth left. You cannot please all of the people all of the time, and it's no wonder ent gets frustrated and crabby and upset.

And I will reiterate: this <rant> is NOT just about this thread, but it sure does fit in it.

Aislinn:

I think I wasnt clear in making my point in my opening post.

It was not about getting hurt or killed, it was about it happening on PEACE day.

And as you stated, I think we all agree on the description being changed..that would settle this matter.

As started of this topic I want to ask, if its allright with you, perhaps its a good idea of it being closed, since all is said about the matter?

Jez

This definitely started as a complaint, the name change/description change offer only came way later. And I think we all agreed that the description should be changed.

Personally I think people are being a bit hard on Jezebelle. The first post clearly had some venting in it (she was frustrated) but it was also a call for discussion:

...and I hope there will be a serious discussion about this..!

Clearly it worked. :)

I'm not sure what your definition of "way later" is, but on the first page (post 16) she said:

....still..as i said in my above post..the description of peace day is all wrong!

Seems to me that if a new description had been agreed upon at that point this thread could have stopped with the first page. I don't think we should blame Jez for the additional 9 pages that have gone on since.

Personally I think people are being a bit hard on Jezebelle. The first post clearly had some venting in it (she was frustrated) but it was also a call for discussion:

...and I hope there will be a serious discussion about this..!

Clearly it worked. :)

I'm not sure what your definition of "way later" is, but on the first page (post 16) she said:

....still..as i said in my above post..the description of peace day is all wrong!

Seems to me that if a new description had been agreed upon at that point this thread could have stopped with the first page. I don't think we should blame Jez for the additional 9 pages that have gone on since.

Hmmm I know in at least one of my posts I specifically said I was not singling Jezebelle out. And until my last post, which indeed was directed to her in response to what she said, I was making general statements, not just about jezebelle or this thread, which I also stated.

I also think some people are deliberately being obtuse. *shrugs*

You know, every now and then I'm allowed an opinion too :)

i was afk harvesting that day at NC pk cave........ i died from a landmine and lost my excavator cloak

Anyway i don t really care cause its part of the game.... so don t take it so seriusly and enjoy everything... good or bad

Have fun

Draugluin

Locked per Jezebelle's request.

Nothing valuable has been added, I think all points of view have been expressed that can possibly be expressed.