Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre RC 10

UVP 1 Now the game runs alot better, less laggy good effects, but im missing atm is that my log in info says i need newer drivers, but when i upgraded them id screwed all my graphics up bigtime every thing looked like it was coloured in with crayons and i couldnt launch EL at all, i had to revet my driver to play EL again and to get my graphics back and also when i upgraded the driver it would not let me change to screen resoloution.

although is it normal i cant change the water shader from 0?

~bigk

UVP: 1

The only "problem" I see is that not all flowers are harvestable in one patch of flowers, as far as the harvest icon. Also depends on what angle I am at. Some angles are easier than others to get the harvest icon to show. Besides that everything looks good.

I was having no problems with RC10 until yesterday I tried to harvest some red roses in Palon Vertas near 175,140. I found that I had to hunt around to find a harvestable pixel for them. If I switch to the eyeball cursor, I mostly get "you see a dirt mound" as if the flower wasn't there at all. I tried RC9 and still had the problem. Switching to EL.EXE I had no problem clicking those roses anywhere. I guess this is the same problem as Cissysauce has.

UVP: 1

The only "problem" I see is that not all flowers are harvestable in one patch of flowers, as far as the harvest icon. Also depends on what angle I am at. Some angles are easier than others to get the harvest icon to show. Besides that everything looks good.

I was having no problems with RC10 until yesterday I tried to harvest some red roses in Palon Vertas near 175,140. I found that I had to hunt around to find a harvestable pixel for them. If I switch to the eyeball cursor, I mostly get "you see a dirt mound" as if the flower wasn't there at all. I tried RC9 and still had the problem. Switching to EL.EXE I had no problem clicking those roses anywhere. I guess this is the same problem as Cissysauce has.

As do I. Since RC7, I am experiencing same problem. My screen has always been on 32bpp, so this won't be that problem.

Log started at 2008-03-07 14:48:13 localtime (Eastern Standard Time)

[14:48:13] Using the server profile: test

[14:48:14] no bone with name 'arrow' found in skeleton!

[14:48:19] Unable to read missiles definition file actor_defs/missile_defs.xml

[14:48:20] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[14:48:20] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[14:48:20] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[14:48:20] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[14:48:21] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[14:48:21] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[14:48:21] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[14:54:46] Unable to add command 25 - 20

[14:54:46] Unable to add command 20 - 6195

[14:54:47] missiles_fire_arrow: -1 is not a valid missile type for shield 7 of actor type 1

thought i replied earlier but i guess it didn't take

uvp 0

Only problem I have come across is in the room under the inn in EVTR. It is the same problem I had with the last client release that the no clusters exe fixed. When I enter the room all is fine as long as I don't move or change view. If I walk to the wine rack to enter the mine or change the view my monitor gose all black for a few seconds (like it would if I was changing from or to full screen mode.) Then when I can see again the EL screen is all messed up and then it goes black again and when it comes back El is frozen. I can't alt x to close or anything. Even useing ctrl alt delete n telling it to close wont close EL. I have to shutdown my comp n restart in order to get it to close so I can play again. I say EL is frozen cause I can still do other things like use my browser n view webpages, but not EL.

I'm sorry if this has been reported already but I have read through most of this post and didn't see it so I wanted to mention it just in case. Other then this problem I had no other problems at all.

UVP: 0 (is that bad?)

There is minor lag and some resyncs but other than that it is working fine :P

P.S I got the download thing working :devlish:

RC10, winXP, UVP1

during the daytime all chars invisible in PL. char's shadows OK, names, health bars etc OK.

as soon as it beccame night (3:30 ingame time) all chars reappeared.

No problems with RC10 for me.

UVP: 0

Video card: Intel 865G

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4396.

3/10/08

Minor issue I've notice. When clicking harvestables like flowers the cursor gives me trouble. It will change to pickax harvesting cursor, then back to walk cursor. Difficult to get harvesting cursor to come up.

Edited by LotusBlaze

Just an observation - when running the client in windowed mode, turning Compiled Vertex Array option on reduces fps immediately from over 40 to 7-8 on my laptop

Edit : I'm not always able to reproduce it, sometimes it occurs, sometimes not (same place, same activity)

Mostly visible while walking in Arius city, fps drops to 4 there is that option is enabled, goes up to 30 when disabled

Edited by Cruella

UVP 1

Piper

Edit: and a few resyncs during a good bow fight at votd with some players and sumoned creatures.

Edited by The_Piper

Guest Boruta

UVP 1

low fps, but stable on clean cvs client

Video card: Radeon X1600 Series

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7281 Release

actual graphic driver: kmod-fglrx-2.6.23.15-137

UVP: 0

Average FPS for my compter.

1 resync during an hour or two of the same bow fight as piper, no FPS drop before resync as if it was caused by lag.

I did notice that after using a cross-bow to kill a player, my character did not appear to be able to move anymore (only on my client), but the actor coordinates were updated (ie: I couldent exit the map from where I was standing, but when I clicked on a tile near the exit, I could exit the map normally). everyone else saw my character move as normal, and after switching maps it was fixed. not sure if the walking animation was playing as I was attemping to walk or not. perhapse that should go under the 'bow and arrow testing' topic though.

edit: DP lags pretty bad for me, however I havent noticed any considerable lag on any other large maps, and I dont have the setting that increases the walk range enabled.

Edited by 1st Warrior

I also have been running RC 10 since it came out with no problems until today. I was harvesting roses in EVTR and all of the sudden I got a pop up error message entitled:

"Windows Visual C++ Runtime Library" with the following error message:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Each time I try to log in now I get this same message after I enter my password and can not get into game although a friend says they see me log on briefly and log off. I rebooted my machine and tried to log into game again but the same message appears. Any suggestions?

I am running Vista if that matters at all.

*Edited to say - I see others have had runtime errors but with so many pages I am not sure what the ultimate solution is, if one has been found. Sorry if this is a repeat post to problems others have.

**Second edit to say that I had just entered basement which leads to mines in EVTR when error happened.

Edited by IamBritney

Not selective reading, just confusion as to which links fixed the runtime problem. Sorry.

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it from the website, installed the patch from the website, and then installed the two links in your first post and it is working again.

What Ent ment was, use the normal EL client, to get out of the map, then you can use the RC10 again, or download the patch.. And reading isnt so hard.. Is it? :D

Actually, it's simpler than that, you just need to install the second exe I provided.

I was testing my own CVS build client this evening.

I was running across a lot of maps on the test server and had no crashes or any nasty behaviour.

The only "problem" i had was, when i tried to shoot LarryStorch at KF while casting restore/the eye candy effect was still running. I got a few resyncs, thats all.

Piper