Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aislinn

Bows and arrows!

I really like how you can load and fire with a single click on a target (some of the early discussion implied it would take two clicks: one to load/aim, one to fire).

I always play in Isometric view, but from the pictures above it looks like your shooting range will be much better/longer if you use perspective view. It would be nice if we could lower the viewing angle a bit more in isometric so we could see farther like perspective.

It appeared to me that if you miss the target, you'd get no experience and the arrow would be left sitting on the ground until it timed-out. It looks like you should be able to pick it up and re-use it, but I couldn't.

I think this will be a really fun skill to play with. We'll have to see how people use it in PK and how effective it is.

haha too bad the server isnt updated that much im +20 a/d and bout 12+ mag in the main lol i keep failing restore :bow_arrow:, i dunno bout you but i def couldnt see the bow & arrows lol was black...

they look terrific !

and thanks Aisy for the pic... I have no doubts anymore about the race I'll chose after my p2p is over :P

Awesome! :P Thanks for the SS's! :)

I have a question, may be slightly stupid, will this be on the PK Server too? :)

Do they deal any real damage?

I think someone has already bought 1000000 training arrows (let it be level 1000) and 1000 perception on the test server, it would be nice to hear some results.

On the main server, I have seen Radu shooting feran with x-bow near EVTR sto. He was inflicting ~ 10 HP of damage with each shot. Pretty useless info without knowing his stats/arch skill but that's just my 2 cents :P

This looks great!

I always liked ranged weaps. They will come into their own when we have one of those mass invasions. Hunting strategy just changed in EL :)

On the main server, I have seen Radu shooting feran with x-bow near EVTR sto. He was inflicting ~ 10 HP of damage with each shot. Pretty useless info without knowing his stats/arch skill but that's just my 2 cents :P
I was just going to ask about damage myself, although one could argue that your stats should be irrelevant with ranged weapons. I think your stats - specifically p/c - should only affect the chance to hit, not the actual damage dealt.

IIRC Radu mentioned some time ago there will be different types of arrows. Some will be for trainning, others for pk.

IIRC Radu mentioned some time ago there will be different types of arrows. Some will be for trainning, others for pk.

Very true. and if you look at Roja's artwork (ingame meshes) there are also differant arrows such as: Ice, Magic, Explosive

The pic looks great, archery should be a GREAT addition to the game...... only one draw back IMO ..................................... all those new Legolas characters :rolleyes:

Probably too early for questions but I have one anyway, when you fire an arrow at a creature, will it know who fired it and auto attack you ? Like with the spells, as I remember when I first could cast poison and I tried to be clever and cast it on a grizzly bear. The result was far from pleasing.

So umm will the creatures auto attack after being fired on by someone ? Might save a few of us thinking big and blasting a training arrow at a Yeti's rear end.