Eternal Lands Official Forums
asgnny

In Memoriam

Best regards. I wish you peace and happiness.

You will continue to live within our hearts.

Condolences to all family and friends.

-Sistema

Perhaps a small peaceful place in the game that she loved for so long could do her the small tribute to bear her name? maybe a garden or a forest?

Named stone on Idaloran graveyard could do.

She always liked KF, maybe a statue in a Fort, or some other place there.

Agreed...I found this today, made me smile...

I'd vote for somewhere in KF...Des was always a fighter :)

desandi.png

She fought the brave fight, now this valkyrie goes to rest, farewell Des, you will be missed!

My condolences and all the best to Desda's family, especially to her daughter!

This comes as a shock and it reminds us that we have to make the best out of the time we have. I'm glad I could get to know des as a player on a few occasions and I'm sure her memory will be kept on in the game and outside of it by many people.

While I understand (and would really appreciate) a memorial *something* to Desdamona (sadly missed), I would like to ask that the next NPC ingame be called Desdamona or some variation on the name.

Even some small interaction with an NPC although in no way could replace her could give us all something tangible and keep her memory alive.

Des sweetheart, I miss you.

With reading everything everyone has posted.I believe a statue a NPC something in remberance of Des would be AWESOME she was a sweetheart to many.If you need any GC ingame or anything Radu Please CONTACT me ingame I will gladly donate anything I can to get something in Memory of Des. I miss her terribly and know she is flying above with all the pretty angels and watching us.

I miss you my SLACKER!!!! may you RIP

SweeTThanG

First time for months that I check the EL-forums.. and I find this sad news :D

des was a great girl and she will be missed.

While I understand (and would really appreciate) a memorial *something* to Desdamona (sadly missed), I would like to ask that the next NPC ingame be called Desdamona or some variation on the name.

good idea

I'm never good at this... I am so sorry for the loss. I did not know dez well but I have seen her around quite often.

I've lost quite a few family and friends to cancer. I had a run in with it at 8 myself :dry:

My heart and thoughts go out to her family and her extended family HIM.

I am so sorry for the loss ;)

I didn't say anything here because I never knew her, and I just don't know what to say. It's always sad when this happens to someone you know, or don't know. If you guys would like, we can write a small message on one of the gravestones in the game. Does that sound good? What message would you like to put there? (keep in mind it has to be pretty small to fit..i don't have the exact character count). And where should it be?

That sounds great, maybe in the VOTD graveyard so everyone can visit it in safety?

As to an epitaph:

You can't get much more succinct than "Sadly missed by her family and friends"

I am so sorry to hear... poor Des, I hope she is comfortable now and happy.

It seems like everything is so permanent and stable, particularly in our fantasy worlds on the web, then you lose someone. Maybe just a distant acquaintance, but we are all neighbors and friends wherever we are.

Goodbye, Des... all the love.

I will miss Desdamona--she was so kind and helpful to me when I began to play. Always willing to buy my toads when I needed gc, protecting me on merc runs, etc. She is a wonderful soul.

If you guys would like, we can write a small message on one of the gravestones in the game. Does that sound good? What message would you like to put there? (keep in mind it has to be pretty small to fit..i don't have the exact character count). And where should it be?

This would be a fitting homage. SRI graveyard comes to my mind, but maybe possibly just because I remember having seen her at SRI sto at times. I wonder where the character was last logged off... As for the epitaph, just a "Desdamona + <date>" (where <date> would be the EL date of her leaving), in its unadorned essentiality, is to my hear more solemn than any of the many phrases that are used in such occasions. Maybe on noticing the place young players will ask around what that may be, and her friends will be able to tell in full which kind of person she was and so keep her memory alive.

Of course, those which were more closely acquainted with her might have better suggestions, to which I will happily bow.

-Usl

I didn't say anything here because I never knew her, and I just don't know what to say. It's always sad when this happens to someone you know, or don't know. If you guys would like, we can write a small message on one of the gravestones in the game. Does that sound good? What message would you like to put there? (keep in mind it has to be pretty small to fit..i don't have the exact character count). And where should it be?

Des loved to PK and spend time in KF. I suggest taking the doorway between Molgor and KF in VOTD and

putting her name on it, calling it Desdamona Gate. I think that suits her perfectly ;)

Des loved to PK and spend time in KF. I suggest taking the doorway between Molgor and KF in VOTD and

putting her name on it, calling it Desdamona Gate. I think that suits her perfectly ;)

yea,there it will be cool :)

We'll use one of the gravestones because it's most appropriate, not an arch or a npc. I'll put a flower there too, anyone know of her favorite in the game?

With reading everything everyone has posted.I believe a statue a NPC something in remberance of Des would be AWESOME she was a sweetheart to many.

That is a really good idea ;)

We'll use one of the gravestones because it's most appropriate, not an arch or a npc. I'll put a flower there too, anyone know of her favorite in the game?

Sounds ok.. but IMO VOTD isnt the most peaceful of places to put it, somewhere like under the willow tree near PV bridge seems more suited to me..