Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

MusclesMalone

Ok, so during the invasion, I get a PM from him:

[PM from MusclesMalone: this is not right man I was not even online re sign in and in hell lost my stuff]

Now, this would be a fair complaint. IF IT WERE TRUE!

So, I decide to check my logs, and guess what I find:

Wed Feb 6 01:40:33 2008 MusclesMalone [ip removed] logged in [id: 56]

Wed Feb 6 01:54:18 2008 MusclesMalone [ip removed] was disconnected [id: 56]

Wed Feb 6 01:53:57 2008 MusclesMalone died at map: 72, x: 97, y: 97

Would you look at that.. He was connected for more than 10 minutes before he died. It's not like he logged in right in the middle of the invasion and died.

Of course, what could have happened is that he got disconnected while fighting (either on purpose or by mistake), and got killed while he was not logged in. But I fail to see how this is "not right".

[edit] In the end, it turned out it was some sort of missunderstanding, but even so, he shouldn't have told me it was unfair or that he was offline when he died.

Actually, now that I think of it, there is a special message when you are disconnected during fighting. So most likely he died, then disconnected.

Though, is the server clock off by about 7 hours?

Server is in France, and therefore is logged on that timezone.

Though, is the server clock off by about 7 hours?

Server is in France, and therefore is logged on that timezone.

France FTW :icon13::D

I am MusclesMalone's real life wife, and here's what happened. He recently got a new laptop but we've been having problems with it, in certain areas of high graphics the whole computer locks up, complete black screen and must hard restart it. He logged in, and then cast tp to portals room, the screen went black, he cursed, turned off the laptop and put it away. A few minutes later he went to his desktop and logged in and discovered he was in hell with items missing and that's when he pm'd you. I don't know how long it takes to log off a character once it's locked up like that, but he really wasn't fighting anything and he didn't see the invasion warning.

Thank you for your time,

Aarwen

Well, I can understand that, but I don't think it was unfair on my part. I could have understand if he actually logged in the middle of the invasion, but he was on for 10+ minutes during the invasion before he died, and it was a hardware problem, so not really my fault.

I don't understand what there's to smile.

That player worked hard to have his items, I know because I manufactured his items.

People who smiles here don't know what is mean to work hard for a thing.

Well it sucks, but yesterday a guildy of mine also lost stuff because his client crashed while he was fighting fluff. It's not anyone's fault, I guess it's just bad luck. Anyway, I gave him a part of his losses back so it was less hard :D

Things like it just happen. No need of making a fuss around it.

I tend to disagree with Blodoks. Radu spent his time to run an invasion for the purpose of giving some fun to the community. Somebody dies in it due to some computer malfunction. The person logs on and goes to tell Radu it's unfair he died. Something's really wrong here.

If you rent a telephone line and in the middle of calling somebody your telephone goes rampage you won't go and complain to your service provider. They would kill you with laughter.

If you rent a telephone line and in the middle of calling somebody your telephone goes rampage you won't go and complain to your service provider. They would kill you with laughter.

This is absolutely off topic, but this is not always true Vanyel.

If due to a crap service you lose connection, and in the end you lose money due to that (let's say you were on the phone with the client and you lose an important deal due to that) you can sue the provider

However, in order to that you need to have a proper SLA with the provider and you have to be able to prove your loses

True, I think I remember once I died when my client crashed. And I did lost some items. But imho, with client crash and you die, its still not a good reason enough to bring it up to the developer. Your client crashed, no problem at all with the server. Of course, unless there were some kind of bugs :devlish:

Dont worry I didnt laugh at the guy, just at how funny Radu is :)

Edited by RaF

I know MusclesMalone and his wife. They are both stand up people as far as I am concerned.

I think this is just a misunderstanding. And I believe that MusclesMalone did loose his stuff because of a computer issue. I dont think he was trying to scam Radu.

He was obviously upset about loosing his stuff. But it is NOT Radu fault. Radu cannot be held responsible for someones personal issues with there computer.

@MusclesMalone - I am very sorry you lost your stuff my friend but I will gladly help you to gain them back. Well work an essence project if you like my friend.

PM me in game MusclesMalone and well work something out. :):)

Radu, you owe an apology here

You are teh god, you can do that :icon13:

Does a black dragon invasion count as a apology?

and btw, was Mucles carrying a rosto at the time?

i know MusclesMalone and Aarwen... i know Aar is saying the truth...they've been on and off, saying they are setting the new PC's before that incident... and MM is not a scammer