Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Peach

How chinese treat animals

That's the most sickening thing I've seen in my life. Makes me feel horrible to be the same specie as those heartless, deranged fools.

Yes, I understand we kill animals for food, clothing, etc. But don't you think that's bad enough!?!?!??!?!?!

Killing an animal THAT way has got to be stopped.

sl7z0r, what u said was ridiculous. Animals are very much the same as humans. We have no right to say what will live and what be killed.

I'm not tree-huger, but that video was down right despicable.

We have NO right to take a life on this earth, yet we do. and IF we do (bad enough we do!!) I'd never want it to be done that way!!!

Horrible.

That's the most sickening thing I've seen in my life. Makes me feel horrible to be the same specie as those heartless, deranged fools.

Yes, I understand we kill animals for food, clothing, etc. But don't you think that's bad enough!?!?!??!?!?!

Killing an animal THAT way has got to be stopped.

sl7z0r, what u said was ridiculous. Animals are very much the same as humans. We have no right to say what will live and what be killed.

I'm not tree-huger, but that video was down right despicable.

We have NO right to take a life on this earth, yet we do. and IF we do (bad enough we do!!) I'd never want it to be done that way!!!

Horrible.

I can understand where you're coming from but I have to call some falsehood here.

"Animals are very much the same as humans". Can they talk, think, create, wield? No. "I think; therefore I am" does not apply here, as it can be argued that every thing lower species do is just an instinct. We are the most intelligent species on this planet (but sometimes I wonder :P ), surely that gives us more leeway?

Moreover, food chains exist for a reason. You may not like the idea of animals being killed in this manner, but would you prefer to go and hunt, clean, skin, clean, de-bone, clean, prepare (<-- I've never prepared anything in that style so I don't know what is involved) yourself? It happens every day, in a matter of fashion. Animals eat other animals, muscle tissue is meat. There is no point in arguing that humans have no rights to take lives, because its been happening since the dawn of our evolution. Simply put, if we weren't supposed to, either: God would not have put animals on the planet, or made them of meat (if you believe that thing), or our primitive ancestors wouldn't have hunted them for food.

I can understand killing animals for survival, but for a fucking coat? I mean seriously. and yeah animals cant talk no shit sherlock, just saying they feel pain unlike what sl7 said.

You are a moron.

I'm done here :) .

The Big problem here, is we...mostly as a species, have lost nearly total connection with our food, cloath, fuel. We no longer harvest trees to keep us warm in winter, We let exxon harvest the oil 2000 meters under ground. We no longer have a garden, a grain field, a fishing net, a smoke house, a cow or two for milk and meat, a gun for fowl, a chicken in a roost for eggs, we have a super market that seems to be able to have strawberrys in season 12 months a year. And dehydrated bags of posion they call food.

Those that complain about killing animals for food/milk/clothes probably, for the most part couldn't grow a fucking potatoe to save thier lives.

What shall they eat when the Kraft Dinner Box goes empty?

As an edit, before anyof you that had a hard time watching the video,

Next time, just before you sink your teeth into a steak at TGIF, or a Big Mac at those golden arches, head out to your local feed lot and slaughter house, you will see much worse then this video could ever portray. Peta loves to make videos of the "cute animals" And Peta world wide makes more money as an idustry playing to your supermarket feelings then the fur farms, seal hunt put together...Peta is an industry.......On to itself.

Edited by Wizzy

I also could not watch the full length of the video , the whole thing is horrendous , The people that do that to those animals must go home and feel shame and live a very sad life.

I agree with Korode , Sl7yz0r - I think it is hideous that you think people treating animals in that way is acceptable , normal , and fine. Animals do feel pain , otherwise they wouldn't yelp and retaliate when harmed.

How would you like someone to hang you upside down and skin you? , Because I most likely think you would prefer to be dead if you knew this was going to happen to you and there was no way you could prevent it.

As for Ateh , If you believe there is no such thing as humane , the above also applies to you.

That's just my opinion , And we are all entitled our own views right?

¬Mikus

A guy showed me such a movie on school once. They hang up a racoon or something, then pulled of his skin. Thing I remember you could still see his eyes blinking, while its whole skin was gone.

I really wish all those people would just die. Lot better off without them.

But then again, as Wizzy said, the way our meat is produced isn't very animal-friendly either. I love hambugers etc. though. :)

I've seen this topic in forums a while back already. It got my attention today again.

I wonder, why do you people bother with the way the Chinese treat animals. I think you'd better start looking around and check out how your own people (nation) do it. You might be very surprised.

i dont see how people can say that we are the only creature that doesnt just act on instinct, all creatures have instincts to help them survive. all creatures make/find some sort of place to live. just b/c we think we have the best places to live doesnt mean we arent still doing it out of instinct.

everything needs food to survive, just because we have developed the technology, and learned how to get this food easier doesnt mean we arent doing it out of instinct. monkeys use tools, so they might be simple tools such as rocks but they use tools none-the less, we had to start somewhere, Indians (or Native Americans) used every part of the buffalo they killed food, tools, shelter.

anyway my point is that we run on instincts just like all other creatures do, our bodies and brains are just able to develop more and our bodies are able to do more, a deer cant build a house to live in b/c it cant pick things up very well. to say that we are the only thing on this planet that has a soul and that everything else runs purely on instinct is just ridiculous. you can see animals make decisions, instincts isnt exactly about decisions, its an automatic response that doesnt have to be learned.

we are no better than the other living creatures on this world, we only think we are, and if you look at the negative effects creatures of the world have on this planet then we are probably actually the worst excuse of life on this planet that there is.

and last i have to hit on the 'humane killing' thing. human killing doesnt mean no pain, no suffering, it just means as little pain and suffering as possible. that video showed probably about as much pain and suffering as you could possibly cause. catch a wild animal in a trap that causes no pain and then shoot it in the head so it dies instantly would probably be the most 'humane' way to kill something, then it had a great life with lots of free space to roam and it didnt suffer as it died, im sure in the state of the fully skinned coon (i think) those last 10-15 min of its life felt like hours.

"Animals are very much the same as humans". Can they talk, think, create, wield? No.

animals do talk, just b/c we dont underastand them doesnt mean they dont understand eachother, the hoots and howls of monkeys in the jungle warn other monkeys of aproaching danger. dont tell me they didnt just talk to each other.

think, of course they think, have you ever watched a dog ponder the idea of "do i go get the frisbee or chase the rabit" hey, it might not be the most complex decisions but a dog has a fairly simple life, but you still cant tell me that as the dog looked back and forth between the 2 he wasnt thinking.

not 100% sure what you mean by create but yes, birds create a bird nest, a home. it created that home much like we create ours, find the material, then add lots of work. thier material and tools are just different from ours.

wield, yes, animals wield things all the time, ever seen a monkey wield a rock and use it to break something open?

open your mind, watch animals for a while, you will see them think, talk, create, and wield. and i can come up with plenty of examples of each

Edit: sry for double post

Edited by Happy_G