Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Peach

How chinese treat animals

Calling me a pathetic excuse is uncalled for. I'm pretty sure i'm entitled to have my own views just as much as you.

Just because I dont feel sympathy for some animal that I view as just another object on this earth, doesn't mean I'm

some evil bastard. There are bigger problems in this world (slavery, genocide, communism) than animal abuse, so get over it.

Shock them unconsious and cut their throats? It's painless (except from the shock i would imagine). Alot of people in countries like China believe the adrenaline from the animal being in pain makes the meat taste better so I don't think it'll get any better for animals there.

I'm still lol'ing at Slyzor, I didn't realise how ignorant people still are because of that damn book.

well maybe what u say is true, but here, the animals arent killed for their meat, but for their fur, which is even more cruel.

Have you seen how america slaughters their pigs?

Shock them unconsious and cut their throats? It's painless (except from the shock i would imagine). Alot of people in countries like China believe the adrenaline from the animal being in pain makes the meat taste better so I don't think it'll get any better for animals there.

I'm still lol'ing at Slyzor, I didn't realise how ignorant people still are because of that damn book.

edit: fixed quote ;/

Painless? yea, umm sure. If it's so painless why do you squeal gasping for their last breathes of air

edit: fixed quote ;/

Painless? yea, umm sure. If it's so painless why do you squeal gasping for their last breathes of air

Sleep squeeling? Maybe the US do it different to UK, like I said "shock them unconsious before cutting their throats".

Yes thats how its done in US, I raise pigs! \o/

Same with cows to.

(To me, and how it should be for intelligent people) Animals are a product.

Nothing wrong with keeping chickens in small cages, drugging up farm animals to produce a better result.

Have you guys seen those Peta ads? ridiculous, I think peta members need some sense knocked into em. :)

Edited by SL7yz0r

Same with cows to.

Nothing wrong with keeping chickens in small cages, drugging up farm animals to produce a better result.

Have you guys seen those Peta ads? ridiculous, I think peta members need some sense knocked into em. :)

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Although peta supporters are way to over the top, they have their heart in the right place. Unlike others.

"To me, and how it should be for intelligent people" Now you're taking the piss. Grow up.

Same with cows to.

lets do that to you then with you holy book nailed to your heart to show you whats right and whats wrong. Yes the human race is the ultimate predator on this planet and the most inteligent but come on, the bible! lmao if it told you to jump of a bridge, would you? i can not belive people still think religion is good, it causes more wars than anything else. But yeah on topic you need to look at it from the animals point of view, is it fair to let them lead a life to die when they dont know any different? thats the cruel part about it, lets lock you in a cage and tell you this is why your here from birth. You wouldnt know any different so is that ok?

If the soul does exist, and it is as described; a force that makes us feel compassion, mercy and remorse (amongst other things), then it's the people skinning these animals that have no souls.

@SL7yz0r

I agree that animals are not self aware, at least, not to the degree humans are. But they still feel pain.

I think that compassion, mercy, empathy, and sympathy are some of core characteristics that give us our humanity, and is one of the main factors (besides intelligence) that separates us from the animal world. You can learn a lot about people by how they treat those weaker than them, which includes not only people but to some extent animals as well. There is a reason why those kids who torture animals/pets often tend up to have serious issues living and following the "basic rules" of society.

I have no problem eating the meat from animals, wearing leather, fur or whatever, but to kill animals the way as described in the article should NOT be tolerated in any civilized society.

Edited by LevinMage

There are bigger problems in this world (slavery, genocide, communism) than animal abuse, so get over it.

Senator McCarthy, I presume? I actually don't see any communist states in the world, unless you count those one-party states which are as 'communist' as the recent Kenyan Presidential Election is believed to be 'democratic'. In any case, putting a social ideology in context with human slaughter and suffering is simply outlandish.

I couldn't quite understand that (first) video though - not only is what they were doing to the animals awful, some of it would also have been extensively damaging to their furs. Neither a humane nor an efficient way to run an industry.

Edited by crusadingknight

There are bigger problems in this world (slavery, genocide, communism) than animal abuse, so get over it.

Senator McCarthy, I presume? I actually don't see any communist states in the world, unless you count those one-party states which are as 'communist' as the recent Kenyan Presidential Election is believed to be 'democratic'. In any case, putting a social ideology in context with human slaughter and suffering is simply outlandish.

I couldn't quite understand that (first) video though - not only is what they were doing to the animals awful, some of it would also have been extensively damaging to their furs. Neither a humane nor an efficient way to run an industry.

I laughed at this list too. :)

Alot of people in countries like China believe the adrenaline from the animal being in pain makes the meat taste better so I don't think it'll get any better for animals there.

Eat Kashrut\Kosher , that sort of thing is forbidden.

but bacon tastes sooooooo good

and Fur looks so good on me!!

(i have never warn a fur coat)

(i dont own any fur clothing lol)

animal cruelty is everywhere... In labs they say that the rats dont feel pain but then people have felt pain in their sleep so how does that work?

I'm chinese and i dont treat animals like that, My gran owns a farm in Hong Kong and she doesnt treat animals like that, i find the topic title abit rasict x_x'

The point is that animal cruelty is everywhere...

maybe your nextdoor neigebour owned a dog or cat and kicked it out becuase they couldnt feed it anymore, not saying they have but...

but bacon tastes sooooooo good

and Fur looks so good on me!!

(i have never warn a fur coat)

(i dont own any fur clothing lol)

animal cruelty is everywhere... In labs they say that the rats dont feel pain but then people have felt pain in their sleep so how does that work?

I'm chinese and i dont treat animals like that, My gran owns a farm in Hong Kong and she doesnt treat animals like that, i find the topic title abit rasict x_x'

The point is that animal cruelty is everywhere...

maybe your nextdoor neigebour owned a dog or cat and kicked it out becuase they couldnt feed it anymore, not saying they have but...

maybe i should have put a different tittle... but its normal i put "chinese" in it since that video was taken in china ... nothing racist in it and if you find it a bit racist, then i apologize.

Same with cows to.

Have you guys seen those Peta ads? ridiculous, I think peta members need some sense knocked into em. :medieval:

Would you also say that buddhists are not intelligent people? Who believe that every living thing could be their reincarnated relative?

There's a lack of respect towards animals becaus alot of ppl think of em as just a product, treat every living thing with respect even if it's gona end up on your dinnerplate or on your backside.

i also only made it thru a few seconds of the video, and i thought i could stomach anything. ;)

apparantly not because my lunch is trying to make another appearance.

at first i thought 'different culture, different customs' but this (what i saw of it) was terrible. i cant even say that the animals werent shot or something to save the hide...because i would think that bashing the things on the ground to 'stun' them would also damage it.

at the very very least, they could kill the animals right before or even right after to put it out of its misery. someone here (sorry but i didnt pay attention to names) said 'i cant believe that anything could be alive with that much skin ripped off' (or something similar), yes, its evident that something can. you would be surprised what a damage a body can sustain before it dies.

and slyz0r, yes animals may be soulless but it doesnt mean that they cant feel pain, imagine if your skin were ripped off, even if you were in a coma, dont think that the nerves dont still do their job, im thinking of a million papercuts and lemon juice. it does matter.

im not as big of a treehugger as some, but this video was just disgusting. it would be disgusting in any country, any city, any town.

slyz0r is the sort of person who makes me despise all religion

humans are not very diffrent from any other animal, if we have the power to ensure a constant supply of meat from farmed animals then i have no problem exercising that power, i eat meat everyday, i think its right to kill animals humanely but thats just me i dont even dislike you for not caring how they are killed. But the reason you give makes me sick, mammals are so similar genetically to humans how can you say that you have a soul and they don't.

Grow up

Realise the bible is COMPLETE fiction

and if you post opinions on forums please try to make them informed ones.

This is a mixture of opinion and fact, if you disagree with the opinion thats fine, PLEASE don't disagree with the fact, ignorance has a serious negative affect on the lives of everyone in the world.

I still say that anyone who has used the words '' painless '' or '' humane killing '' should now prove to me that it is indeed humane and painless to be electrocuted and then have your throat slit. Please conduct the experiement using either yourself or a loved one as the test subject and post the results on youtube or something.

There is no humane way to kill something, it doesnt matter if its been blessed by a priest , a traffic warden or the spotty kid who works in your local wall mart. Killing is killing, it will cause some degree of pain.

Why is there such a big taboo about fur clothes anyway ? If you dont mind eating meat and knowing that there is a mass production line of death, rivers of animal blood, why does a fur coat shock you ? Wierd.

Also, I refuse to take anyone seriously who quotes the bible in the same speech that condones killing, or slaughter.

Obviously a person that we would call in england a f'ing idiot.

We sit here and type about how disgusting it is to see an animal being flayed alive, and yet we barely twitch an eye brow when they tell us on the Ten O'Clock news that another 30 or 40 people were killed today in one of our glorious wars.

THAT is sick.

* quick edit * I honestly dont think slyz0r is Old enough either spiritualy or mentaly to understand just how nasty he comes across

Edited by Ateh

@aTeh: Um, WTF? It's not the question of whether we should eat animals, it's the question of how they should be slaughtered. About the war thing; I'm pretty sure more than 1000 children die in Africa everyday. About six people die every minute from the effects of poverty. That war example pales in comparison, me thinks.

@MagpieLee: Again, what animals we should/should not eat is not at question here. The point of the thread is: you could eat a guinea pig, so long it died in a 'humane' way.

Whereas I don't particularly like to see where my meat has originated from, I take peace in the fact the livestock reared for said meat, lived at least a partially 'decent' life. Practically every sentient being on this Earth can feel pain, misery, and sense the lingering affects of death. It doesn't matter how you attempt to justify mass-rearing animals then killing them alive, it's. just. wrong. Doing so, also makes you an evil bastard. IIRC, it also conflicts with several religions 'thou shall not inflict misery' or even 'thou shall not kill'.

Of course, I'm not totally against the consumption of meat either. Meat is a very healthy source of protein, and if cooked correctly, it is an absolutely delectable foodstuff. We, as humans, require the vitamins and such gathered from meat for everyday life, admittedly not as much as we used to (wild hunting, etc.), but still to some extent. If in a desperate situation, I'm not going to feel bad about eating mass-produced meat. I'll regret it later, but it is a darwinist-world in those situations. I.E. Eat, or be eaten.