Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Forum validation requests

9 minutes ago, Guest Onrypegasus said:

BIU

Hello,

onrypegasus is trying to activate her forum account. He had some problems posting here. She asked me for help.

Could you activate her account, please?

Thank you very much.

Yulin_Old

2 minutes ago, julianvc said:

Hello,

onrypegasus is trying to activate her forum account. He had some problems posting here. She asked me for help.

Could you activate her account, please?

Thank you very much.

Yulin_Old

She's all  straightened out.  Her account is active now.

Guest Guest Link

I recently updated the email address on my existing account (username: Link), but now I can't log in anymore. It says "Please confirm your email. We sent an email to ***". But I haven't received anything (I verified the address is correct, checked spam folder, tried resending multiple times, waited multiple days).

After seeing this thread, now I'm wondering if I need to be (re-)validated before that email gets sent?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post - let me know if I should open a separate thread. Thanks in advance for your help!

8 hours ago, Guest Guest Link said:

I recently updated the email address on my existing account (username: Link), but now I can't log in anymore. It says "Please confirm your email. We sent an email to ***". But I haven't received anything (I verified the address is correct, checked spam folder, tried resending multiple times, waited multiple days).

After seeing this thread, now I'm wondering if I need to be (re-)validated before that email gets sent?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post - let me know if I should open a separate thread. Thanks in advance for your help!

Weird.  I approved your account and you should be able to log in now.  And yes this is the right place to post.

40 minutes ago, Guest Serbon said:

I'm still waiting, my name is Serbon, please accept me.

You have not yet responded to your validation email.

Guest Serbon
On 2/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, Aislinn said:

You have not yet responded to your validation email.

Sorry, first time registering in the forum, I thought that I need to be accepted first, then to get my validation link, but

I didn't get it at all. Checked my mail, every part of it, even the spam, trash and there is no such email.

Not sure what to do? Should I cancel registration, and try again?

16 hours ago, Guest Serbon said:

Sorry, first time registering in the forum, I thought that I need to be accepted first, then to get my validation link, but

I didn't get it at all. Checked my mail, every part of it, even the spam, trash and there is no such email.

Not sure what to do? Should I cancel registration, and try again?

I see you registered with a gmail email.  For some reason, gmail wants to block our emails.  You can try whitelisting EL-Forums@eternal-lands.com which is the email that sends the validation email, or you can use another email.  If you choose to try another email, you need to delete your Serbon account you started because the forums will reject two registrations with the same name.  Let me know how you want to proceed and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Guest Serbon
1 hour ago, Aislinn said:

I see you registered with a gmail email.  For some reason, gmail wants to block our emails.  You can try whitelisting EL-Forums@eternal-lands.com which is the email that sends the validation email, or you can use another email.  If you choose to try another email, you need to delete your Serbon account you started because the forums will reject two registrations with the same name.  Let me know how you want to proceed and I'll keep an eye out for you.

I whitelisted it, click on resend validation link, and it says its sent, but again I've got nothing.

I'm really thinking of few things, I probably screwed up. First is that I typed wrong email address, second is that I already registered with this gmail address, but maybe with different name, as I'm not in the game from yesterday, but has quite some time. I've just find out that I need to be accepted and came here.

Not sure what power do you admins have, but can you delete all with that email address so I could register with the name Serbon, and that specific email address again, as I'm using it for everything and really wouldn't like to make new email address just for this?

3 minutes ago, Guest Serbon said:

I whitelisted it, click on resend validation link, and it says its sent, but again I've got nothing.

I'm really thinking of few things, I probably screwed up. First is that I typed wrong email address, second is that I already registered with this gmail address, but maybe with different name, as I'm not in the game from yesterday, but has quite some time. I've just find out that I need to be accepted and came here.

Not sure what power do you admins have, but can you delete all with that email address so I could register with the name Serbon, and that specific email address again, as I'm using it for everything and really wouldn't like to make new email address just for this?

Done, the current Serbon registration is deleted.  I do advise you use a "real" email (not a disposable one) as this is also the email you will need if you forget or want to change your password.  You can start over now.

Guest Serbon
10 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

Done, the current Serbon registration is deleted.  I do advise you use a "real" email (not a disposable one) as this is also the email you will need if you forget or want to change your password.  You can start over now.

Again, nothing. Yes, I'm using real email, but I think first time I tried to register made a one-letter mistake as I was typing my email. I clicked to change email, and typed the right one. maybe there happened something weird I don't know. Okay, please don't bother anymore. I guess, I won't be able to login here, it doesn't matter. Bye and thank you for your time.

3 minutes ago, Guest Serbon said:

Again, nothing. Yes, I'm using real email, but I think first time I tried to register made a one-letter mistake as I was typing my email. I clicked to change email, and typed the right one. maybe there happened something weird I don't know. Okay, please don't bother anymore. I guess, I won't be able to login here, it doesn't matter. Bye and thank you for your time.

I see your new registration but you used the same email as last time, which doesn't work (gmail issues with EL's email).  I thought you said you were going to try to use a different email address (one that is not gmail)?  Nevermind, you said you didn't want to.

Guest Serbon
4 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

I see your new registration but you used the same email as last time, which doesn't work (gmail issues with EL's email).  I thought you said you were going to try to use a different email address (one that is not gmail)?

But that's my real email, I thought problem might be that letter-mistake I made and wanted to try again. I really don't know where to create new email just for this? I mean which one?

2 minutes ago, Guest Serbon said:

But that's my real email, I thought problem might be that letter-mistake I made and wanted to try again. I really don't know where to create new email just for this? I mean which one?

I get it.  I can approve it for you but you won't be able to do things like change your password, password retrieval in case you lose it, or email change.  Just so you are aware.

Oops I deleted the second one because I thought you made a mistake in using the same email.  Please re-register!

Guest Serbon
2 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

I get it.  I can approve it for you but you won't be able to do things like change your password, password retrieval in case you lose it, or email change.  Just so you are aware.

That would be fine with me, I won't lost it definitely.  And again, thank you!

Guest Serbon
9 minutes ago, Aislinn said:

Oops I deleted the second one because I thought you made a mistake in using the same email.  Please re-register!

Done, that.

6 minutes ago, Guest Serbon said:

That would be fine with me, I won't lost it definitely.  And again, thank you!

Done!  :)

Guest OldIssira
On 09/02/2023 at 6:38 PM, Guest Issira said:

forum account activation for OldIssira please

#ig Issira (of Riva)

Any update on this?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.