Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Most computer issues?

So last Tuesday my graphics card died on me. I had it for two years and ran EL on it alot.

I ordered a new one from tigerdirect and paid for 2nd day shipping. I was trying to get back online for the Naralik Showdown.

They sent me the wrong card and I called them up to get another one. Instead of waiting to send that one back and have them send me one I just ordered another one (different card to avoid same mistake) and the guy there asked me if I wanted the same 2nd day shipping. I said yes.

Come Saturday at around 6 p.m. the card had not arived and I called them. Come to find out UPS doesnt deliver on Saturday hehe.

I ask them "Why would he offer me 2nd day shipping if I wouldn't get it for four days?"

The refunded my shipping charge. hehe.

So new card comes in yesterday and I was so excited to install it. I got it working and had to update the drivers because I was crashing lol.

Today EL was running great and not crashing and looking really good and DAMN! My power source died on me. ;)

Go figure.

Now I got to order a new power source and hope that they don't send me the wrong one lol.

Now because of how agrivated I got over this I wondered if anyone else had a few issues arise with there computer in a similar way.

Doesn't have to be just graphics card and power source. Just where you got something fixed and was happy to be back to have something else go wrong right away.

In my experience, these things are often not coincidental. For instance, in your case, your new, higher-end graphics card is likely to draw more current from the power supply, which may well have led to its demise. What you need to be hoping is that when your supply failed, it didn't take anything with it. Did you order a new supply of higher wattage? That might be a good idea here.

Best of luck-

scaf

I had a newer graphics card fitted a few years ago which was too much for my power supply and killed it. I think it killed some other things as well IIRC and I had to buy a new computer which hasn't had any major problems so far.

Last saturday I had a much newer graphics card fitted and EL so far hasn't crashed at all, but I might be getting a higher watt power supply because mine is low by today's standards. I'm very lucky to have a very computer-savvy middle older brother who knows exactly what he's doing with computers :D I think the previous graphics card blowout was my power supply on the way out anyway.

I ordered a new one from tigerdirect
Thats a mistake :D

TigerDirect has a very bad reputation.

Go NewEgg ;)

If we're to go by the judgment of google, you would appear to be wrong.

The best solution is usually to buy from a local retailer, because shipping mistakes are common no matter who you order from.

And simply counting the results of a search proves what exactly?

But, thats not to say i dont agree with what you said:

The best solution is usually to buy from a local retailer, because shipping mistakes are common no matter who you order from.

So long as u have a local retailer who's prices are near that of newegg/tigerdirect, it's the best solution.

Edited by Korrode

iv had had lots of troubles with my PC

my memory got instable and crashed my whole PC and got blue screen of death

i didnt know what cuases the crashes so i brought it to a noob shop..they said it was my harddisk.. but when i replaced that it still crashed.. i went to a other shop.. and they removed the instable card but i needed to bought windows xp of them cuz i had ilegal.. or they didnt wanna work with it :< in total i lose like 150-200 euro for some stupid card T.T

And simply counting the results of a search proves what exactly?

Exactly as much as posting a link to a search, which was the whole point. Instead of linking to google searches, use links to articles instead.