Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cruella

Harvester medallion

Timescale. Double xp benefit. Certainty of outcome for the cash invested.

Sure, but when there is no other option, you take what you can ;)

On the other hand it does not have to make sense...

Same as it does not make sense if i give something to someone completely unknown (yes i've done it couple of times).

It's a game :D

Was lucky with last one - 80 harvest events, 1kgc and 48k exp :D

5 harvest hours saved :D

edit: Mostly used on cinnabar

Edited by Sergey

Nice :-)

I've lost 7th medallion recently - the total for this one was 36630 exp. - the best result so far, equals 5 hours of harving at my current level as well.

Nice :-)

I've lost 7th medallion recently - the total for this one was 36630 exp. - the best result so far, equals 5 hours of harving at my current level as well.

Perhaps it would help to know what you harvest as well. I'm getting between 11k & 12k xp per medallion on tree mushrooms and only worn during the harv xp portion of harvesting. My guess is that some times (particularly ores and minerals) have higher event rates leading to higher break rates and lower average xp.

In addition perhaps your harvest level too? I don't know of any level to events correlation, but it might be a interesting data piece for people who believe such a correlation exists.

Sure, my current harvest level is 54 and I usually spend my harving hour at tree mushrooms. If there is no tree mushrooms on the map I'm on at the moment, I go for next lower, that means ogre toes, white chanterelles, wormwood. Obviously I listen to advices and I use the medallion exclusively during harving prime times :P

About two weeks ago, Shallara made three harvester meds for me from my own ingredients, the first ones I ever had. :(

I used up two of them (almost only during harvest hours):

harv med #1 ;)

about 2,280 harvest actions (93.5% tree mush, 6.5% chrys and tiger lilly)

300 gc from 3 bags of gold (50+190+60)

13,000 exp from 3 blessings (6110+4270+2620)

broke at the 14th negative event, a bee sting (3 bee stings, 6 pissed-offs, 5 tele nexuses)

harv med #2 :hug:

about 7,800 harvest actions (59.0% tree mush, 28.8% wormwood, 0.8% dung, 11.4% misc. flowers)

820 gc from 7 bags of gold (80+150+200+160+70+80+80)

33,640 exp from 7 blessings (5880+5570+4640+5350+2520+6250+3430)

broke at the 21st negative event, a tele nexus (8 bee stings, 8 pissed-offs, 5 tele nexuses)

Time for an update...

Not going to give all statistics about every single medallion though. :)

Totals/averages are much more interesting anyway:

Statistics for 20 Harvester Medallions, Feb 22th until Sept 9th 2008 (on average per med):

4.7 bags of gold: 544.5 gc extra*

4.1 blessings: 17,574.3 exp extra*

On average, the meds broke after 31.25 events.

Still only wearing the med during happy harvest hours (I don't care much for the gc) -- or at least, that's the intention. :)

In total, after 20 meds:

82 bags of gold:
10,890 gc
extra*

94 blessings:
351,486 exp
extra*

Other events:
1 stone (Instinct Removal)

1 broken pickaxe

1 radon pouch (20 damage)

2 cavern walls (totals 46 damage)

118 bee stings (totals 869 damage)

149 tele nexuses

177 pissed-offs (totals 2,722 damage)

625 events in total

1 med broke on a blessing

3 meds broke on a tele nexus

5 meds broke on a piss-off

5 meds broke on a bag of gold

6 meds broke on a bee sting

About 89,600 harvest actions;

65.4% tree mushroom

10.3% wormwood

5.3% toads

3.7% dung

3.7% white chanterelles

3.0% yarrow

2.0% ogre toes

1.5% nightshade

3.6% misc. flowers (each <1%)

1.5% ores and minerals (each <1%)

733 harvest hours

* The numbers mentioned are the extra gc and exp I have gotten for wearing the med, i.e. 90% of the numbers in the logs.

My stats aren't as detailed as Mar©'s, but...

Gold Coins: 33315 (553 bags)

Experience: 705169 (243 blessings)

Medallion breaks: 53

Gold per medallion: 628

Experience per medallion: 13305

Notes: I *try* to only use harv medallions on tree shrooms during xp part of harvesting. I do some times forget and have lost medallions elsewhere. And obviously some of the xp/gold I got was b/c I was out of a harv medallion but I didn't go through my logs to pull out those instances. I have a harv med with me about 99.9% of the time so the averages are VERY close to true.

If u found a rosto while wearing that would you get 10? :devlish:

No - it only works on gold and experience

Ok, I have now used and lost 38 harvester medallions, they have lasted me 10.55 hour's each only being used during 1st 120 harvest per hour. Most of those have been on yew, a little on dung, mullein, wormwood, and other high lvl plants.

The total xp gained on blessings have been 756080 so 680472 bonus, witch translates to a little under 1.7k extra xp per hour, or 14% additional xp compared to what I would have gotten without harvester medallions, the total gc from bags have been 23750 or 21375 extra gc, not a lot gc compared to the ~228k gc the medals are worth at 6k cg ea. So 3.7 xp per gc, not a bad rate in my oppinion.

One thing I have notised though is that I have lost the 8 of those medals in a little over a week, and they have lasted 6 hours each compared to the average of a little over 10!

I have two questions:

1. Has the breakage rate been upped to 5% again?
  2. Does degrade astrology affect breakage rate of Harvester Medallions?

I'm necro-ing this thread since my harvest med broke not long ago:

Final count was:

Money from bags of gold coins: 3980

Queen of Nature blessings experience: 46950

Your Harvester Medallion has been destroyed

Mother Nature decided to destroy MagpieLee's Harvester Medallion. Don't you love Mother Nature?

Not too bad I guess. I know a friend of mine who's harv med broke after just one gold bag :)

I have used 7 harv meds in a row during the last days and all i can say is, that they break usually after one day, if youre lucky, after 2.

I got some nice XP from them and some handful of gc, which doesnt pay the harv med.

So its up to you, if you want to pay the price for the harv med for the extra XP or not :)

Piper

You started to harvest Blue Lupine.

Solarstar found a bag of gold, getting 120 gold coins

Your Harvester Medallion has been destroyed

Mother Nature decided to destroy Solarstar's Harvester Medallion. Don't you love Mother Nature?

You stopped harvesting.

end of story. i got 2 blessings and ~400gc. B)

I payed 6000gc and i think i'm not going to buy one again so soon

Its just plain wrong, that you cant get blessings or gold after you reached your harvesting limit.

I just had it on the PK server, harv limit reached and after that i found a bag of gold with 19 gc's.

Piper

i think that you are right for the gold, but i think i never had a single blessing when i didn't have harvest xp :)

i somethimes get gold when i dont get exp.

Hmm, how many it message worth? :P

While Wloczykij was harvesting dung, a Mare Bulangiu that was resting in the outhouse wanted to come out. However, the Harvester Medallion stopped him!

Hmm, how many it message worth? :P

While Wloczykij was harvesting dung, a Mare Bulangiu that was resting in the outhouse wanted to come out. However, the Harvester Medallion stopped him!

Awesome. :(

Maybe it's a waste but I love this thing :devlish:

Let me add some statistic I have collected for more than year:

32 medallions used (last one still alive)

total of 734k harvesting exp gained in 236 blessings (avg. 3110 per blessing)

almost 23k of harvesting exps per medallion, isn't it nice? Definitely yes for harvesting leveling...

bags of gold are not during harvest hour only, but the average value is still nice thanks the medallion:

28625 gold within 653 bags (avg. 44 per bag)

Of course I broke some when forgot to put it down after harvest hour done, or when I was stupid and used medallion while on ores, so the average numbers can be better - and also opposite, forgot to wear it and got some blessings/gold without bonus.

I am getting all ingreds by myself and mixing alone too, so every medallion is free for me to get - time consuming, maybe boring, but I just like making them.

Use it only during harvesting hour, preferable on flowers and mushrooms, that's the magic B)

#EDIT: :P

Now it would be interesting, when the medallions will give more exps/gold and will last longer. Another reason to do not stop using it and making it \o/

Edited by Vidriel

I dont use Harv Med normally as the 3 or 4 that i have tryed broke very quickly, so after server update saying that the brake rate was better i thought i give them another try.

And this is my conclusion.

gcs total from two meds 500, blessing zero. broke both with in two hours . :P

Weather they r worth it imo to me no (i must just be very unlucky) :devlish:

I have seen lots of ppl useing them and getting a very good return so for some they work.

I have used Harv Med from the update, it broke short before I logged off today.

But I had very many harv events, and got more than 40k xp from blessings and 2k-3k gc.

And only broke 1 pickaxe total for the 2 days :)

Have been harvesting diamonds, silver, coal and used the Med all the time - the Med broke on Henbane. :P

Right now i cant complain.

I still use the first harvester med i used after the server update.

Got like 10k XP from blessings, maybe 1-1.5k gc and found a potion of greater healing, so, all in all, i am quite happy with the latest changes.

Piper

My first med (post-update) was only OK - 16K exp and a little gold.

The second was pretty poor - 6K exp and almost 1K gold.

The third broke on the first event. :)

I'm withholding my opinion until I've got a little more data collected but so far I'm not particularly impressed. It would appear that harvest meds still act as a "lottery" as originally designed, and we all know the old saying about a lottery being a tax on people who are poor at math. :P

I'll have better data after I've broken, errr, I mean used the rest of the meds in my test-run.

Yep, they're definately still a lottery... I gotta gripe about this latest one...

JUST bought one about 40 minutes (RL time) ago, when I read this thread, and started harvesting titanium ore.

Well, my pick didn't break, but I got a big fat ZERO blessings, then it broke when I hit a teleport nexus.

Definately not worth it that time.

BTW, the first two I bought before the update ended up giving me almost as much XP as the GC I paid, so

SOME do (sort of) pay off, but I probably won't buy another...