Eternal Lands Official Forums
conavar

Where Have The Rost's Gone ?

Maybe its just me looking at the wrong 50+ bots but there seems to be a serious lack of rost's on the market recently..

Is someone buying them all and hoarding them ?( image of someone sat in kf with 500 rost's in sto wondering why pk is empty :icon13: ).

Are we using more than are found/bought from shop ?

I dont mind losing rost's ( lost 2 today. one to cooldown :icon13: and one to my net deciding to kick me off ;) ) but its a pain in the butt if you cant replace them.

note: on the pk front how many people would like to pk but cant find rost's ?

anyway thoughts/comments plz

Don't have access to stats, but could the people who were buying them from the EL shop have moved to the PK server?

Maybe its just me looking at the wrong 50+ bots but there seems to be a serious lack of rost's on the market recently..

Is someone buying them all and hoarding them ?( image of someone sat in kf with 500 rost's in sto wondering why pk is empty :icon13: ).

Are we using more than are found/bought from shop ?

I dont mind losing rost's ( lost 2 today. one to cooldown :icon13: and one to my net deciding to kick me off ;) ) but its a pain in the butt if you cant replace them.

note: on the pk front how many people would like to pk but cant find rost's ?

anyway thoughts/comments plz

I've been doing a bit of hoarding myself since I have managed to build up a good stock of gc. Once I need more gc, I'll probably sell more.

Don't have access to stats, but could the people who were buying them from the EL shop have moved to the PK server?

That may be true

But isnt an item that has become an integral part of the game ( used by pker's/trainer's/even harvester's) having to depend on people buying it from the EL shop (while good for Radu's castle) bad for the game ?

note: not complaining just after players views

Making it rare means it is harder to exploit and keeps the in-game value up. Thus rare-finds in game. Those who wish to purchase help support the game (server, bandwidth, development, all the fun junk).

I would say this is exactly what has happened

People are not buying rostos as they used to. The amount that comes naturally in the game (harvests, drops) is about half of what is used every day, so the rest need to come from the shop.

However, there are pl3nty rostos around, just people hoarding them.

Any non-PK'ers with 5+ rostos in storage who aren't selling them are a... well, i dont wanna be too insulting...

Lets just say that imo they should be selling them.

@Learner

The $$=gc rate has been $1=4kgc for a LONG time, it will stay that way for ages.

Rostos are 25 stones for $100... they will be 16kgc for the foreseeable future.

So, whats the difference if you convert them to gc now or later?

Any non-PK'ers with 5+ rostos in storage who aren't selling them are a... well, i dont wanna be too insulting...

@Learner

The $$=gc rate has been $1=4kgc for a LONG time, it will stay that way for ages.

My rates have been where they are at for a long time and until the last month I've had problems getting enough gc to meet the demand. I don't need the gc right now, so that leaves for unused slots in my bots to use for buying/selling items to/from players so they can be middle men to help people that can't always find buyers or don't want those hassles. Once a Rosto is converted to gc, the options become more limited.

But, I'll probably increase their rosto buy price slightly ... been a while since that was adjusted.

I think many buy 25 rostos and are saving them for own use.

I know a player - not PKing - who bought 25, traded 15 to me for some items.

And are keeping the rest in storage, because she is not planning to buy more rostos, but bindings or EFEs next time she buy.

Could have bought 5 rostos, 5 EFEs, 5 bindings but cheaper this way.

Another thing - I sold some of the 15 rostos.

People only wanted to pay 15k, because it's what bots pay.

Some time ago, when I was low on rostos and wanted to buy, did people ask for 17k - because it's what bots ask for.

So I keep my rostos for own use, not planning to buy from the shop.

And have not got any from harvesting, after we got the counter - got 11 other stones.

Edited by Zamirah

However, there are pl3nty rostos around, just people hoarding them.

Thats what I feared was happening :(

i know a "person" holding 50+ rostogols on storage;

and hes not a pker, just go fight in NDD's... sad :)

\o/ pr0 thats like having 50 tit sets in storage and only wearing them on peace day :icon13:

@Learner

Yes they should be selling them but its the same as the Efe hoarding, players are keeping them( without thought for any other players but themselves ) hoping that the price increases enough to make a good profit.

And yes it is annoying that some of us with Radu's help have been trying to kick start PK and players hoarding Rost's is another hurdle for us to get over.

note: finally managed to get some rost's \o/ so thanx to those who put them on there bots

( now Im off to hoard them and only fight on NDD day ) :P

Yes they should be selling them but its the same as the Efe hoarding, players are keeping them( without thought for any other players but themselves ) hoping that the price increases enough to make a good profit.

First off: I don't PK and got plenty of rostogol stones (38 at the time of this post, "harvested" them) (and I would "hoard" EFEs if I had any as well). And no, this has nothing to do with wanting to make money off of them (I won't as I don't sell rostogols).

Now: *) what makes anybody think there's a "moral obligation" to satisfy other player's demands (look at Zamirah's post for the kind and style of demands we're talking about too). Are the players that want to "make" other players sell them what they want to have, willing to do that as well (for conditions see Zamirah's post)?

*) What makes anybody think they can tell other people what to keep in storage and what not to keep in storage?

*) Basically everybody can buy EFEs/Rostos in the EL shop, if you're older than say 14 you can probably make the money faster IRL than in game too.

Oh and let me finish with something that happened a while ago: a guildy wanted to buy some health essences for market price and had no success, after a while he offered 1 or 1.5gc above market price and he had a supplier.

And then there's always the cheap gear version, I wonder whether anybody actually tried that one...

When I was leveling tailoring in Nov/Dec I bought 50 rostos from the shop. I also convinced my mother and stepmother that I wanted rostos from Christmas, so I got 24 more between the two of them. I sold all but seven of them... Since I'm not a PKer I guess Korrode is gonna call me names now, since I still have those 7 plus an eigth that I actually found recently. But I do use (and lose) them when training, so I prefer having a few in storage. Anyway, I've done my duty for Teh Economy by selling 67 rostos to bots and players :ph34r:

lilcnoot

PS: In case you now think I'm an ebul in real life rich person cause I spent $200 on rostos in two months... nnhnn, not so. Been a number of other things irl that I didn't buy though I was planning to from that money. So I'm not going to keep buying rostos that way, sorry.

we must convince xanter to come back play so alot of rostos will enter game, but maybe more will disapear :ph34r:

. Are the players that want to "make" other players sell them what they want to have, willing to do that as well

Well I can only speak for myself buy YES :ph34r:

I dont use serp stones or binding or enrichment. So I sell them !!! either in guild or to bots (for below market price so that they are out there for ppl who use/need them to buy)

The same goes for enhanced essies.. I would rather sell them and let people who need them have them,than sit on items I dont need.

I dont thing anyone begrudges players having items in sto if they are going to use them

In RL is it the sellers that set the prices.

It seem that it's the buyers who do it here - because we allow them to do it.

If you can't get rostos for the price you want to pay - buy from the EL shop.

We are not buying from the shop, to sell cheap rostos to you.

They are very rare as drops now. (harvest/troll/fluff)

Edited by Zamirah

Is anyone asking for cheap rost's ???? no didnt think so.. and the way I see it players who buy from the shop do so either to sell/put on bots to sell/or use themselves no ? so they are not a problem ,they are doing there bit to help which is good

but if anyone buys rost's from the shop just to have "ooh shiny things " sit in storage is a fool

edit: And I will say again. I dont think anyone begrudges players having 50+ rost's , 100 EFE's, 1000 serp stones etc etc etc in sto if they use them

Edited by conavar

Why?

but if anyone buys rost's from the shop just to have "ooh shiny things " sit in storage is a fool

At least, he financially supported the game, what he will do with them is entirely his and only his choice. If he wants to have 1000 rostogols to make a cool siggy, well why not? He paid for it, it's his right to do so.

But to add something to the topic:

But I don't get it? This thread seems to be ridiculous. If you want something and nobody is going to sell you for the price you offered, you have two options left. Either step back from the deal, or throw some more gold to the trade pile. If nobody would sell you rostogols for 16k or 17k or what are they at the moment, then you need to pay 18k or even 20k or be without rostogol. Simple situation to me.

Is anyone asking for cheap rost's ???? no didnt think so.. and the way I see it players who buy from the shop do so either to sell/put on bots to sell/or use themselves no ? so they are not a problem ,they are doing there bit to help which is good

Every time I tried to sell, did people want them for 15k because it's what I would get if I sold to a bot - I wanted 16k.

And i traded them to sell in game, but gave up after some weeks, so only demand for rostos for 15k.