Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

Free boat from KF to C2

IF this were to happen, I'd like the set up to be more like this...

Docks in KF > small desert island (2 second walk to second ship) > Thelinor. Gotta make sure hellspawners have to work for it too :)

How do you think people with HS harvest hydro or kill dragons ? :)

With the small island, people go 4-5 together, stay on the island and let one go and see if the map is empty.

So not much PKing.

Edited by Zamirah

Docks in KF > small desert island (2 second walk to second ship) > Thelinor. Gotta make sure hellspawners have to work for it too :)

With the small island, people go 4-5 together, stay on the island and let one go and see if the map is empty.

So not much PKing.

People would just do that with the boat in Thelinor anyway...

With some difficulties? :) Just my guess... :D

No, if you have the perk, do you know which day you can go, which not.

You can go to dragon or hydro 3-4 times without any HS on the good days.

I think it's 6 doors to red dragon, 8 to hydro.

And there are meds too if you need to hurry.

Other things too, are making it easy, up to people to find out :D

The perk can be very usefull too, like to give you free trips to IP and Ida even it it can take some time. :blink:

Edited by Zamirah

I think this is a good idea. Maybe instead of being free you have to give something to the captain of the ship such as 5-10 coal to help it run. That way it wouldn't be completely free and it would make it more dangerous to go to it as you risk losing your coal (even though its almost no coal but still). Or maybe just leave it free, I'm not sure what would work better.

And as for PKing, people should just PK to PK, and stop worrying about scores. Now I don't PK myself so I don;t really know anything about the scores, but still, if you enjoy it, come on now.

And as for PKing, people should just PK to PK, and stop worrying about scores. Now I don't PK myself so I don;t really know anything about the scores, but still, if you enjoy it, come on now.

Yes and with this would KF be like a C2 map and Thelinor a C1 map.

Easy to go to, without going to far from the place you train.

And easy to go back to training again if no PKing.

I like this idea \o/

I never go to thelinor, there is little to no pk in c2, so I stick around in c1. This way, there can be pk in both maps. Hell, one guild could even try to hold the boat at one map while people try to take it from them. That'd be neat.

Docks in KF > small desert island (2 second walk to second ship) > Thelinor. Gotta make sure hellspawners have to work for it too :devlish:

Small desert Island just might end up being pk :confused:

I see how it can be fun from a game play aspect, but how can it fit with role playing, somebody runs a shipping line between KF and thelinor? Seems unlikely to be a legit endevor, must be pirates or something, rather than a government sponsored transport route, PL to Melilais or Ida would make more sense.

Portal created by ebil PK mages or something might work better.

--Duck2

Small desert Island just might end up being pk :D

I see how it can be fun from a game play aspect, but how can it fit with role playing, somebody runs a shipping line between KF and thelinor? Seems unlikely to be a legit endevor, must be pirates or something, rather than a government sponsored transport route, PL to Melilais or Ida would make more sense.

Portal created by ebil PK mages or something might work better.

--Duck2

I think this is a good idea. Maybe instead of being free you have to give something to the captain of the ship such as 5-10 coal to help it run. That way it wouldn't be completely free and it would make it more dangerous to go to it as you risk losing your coal (even though its almost no coal but still). Or maybe just leave it free, I'm not sure what would work better.

Loss of coal might not be so bad, but that means you need time to click.

Let us develope this a little and say there would be pirate captain whom you have to give a gold ore before he can let you pass :wacko:

Amazing that so many men play with dolls. :D

I really don't care why there are a boat, but without it would I stay C2.

If I kill some pixels who look like a yeti or a gnome is the same for me. :wacko:

If I play chess, what I do a lot, do I not see the king as a little male and the queen as his big wife.

2. people would run to the boat to get free to C2/C1 and other people would stay in KF to hunt them.

And PK a bit maybe.

you can get to c2 for free without using money, without even going on pk map, and without casting a spell!!!(and back ofcourse with #beam me, but if you have scotty killed, there is the secret way that i was talking.)

Time is money as well.

indeed, time is money

trip to c2 via "old" boat - 125 gc (I think! a long time since I used it) and also a long walk.

trip to C2 via secret "free" way - 0 gc, and a LONG walk

trip to c2 by ring - 200 gc and no walk at all, plus a TP spell once you arrive, but door to door in a fex seconds.

trip via proposed boat - walk through votd to KF (other routes I know), run gauntlet of PKers and mobs to boat. get boat, run gauntlet again to escape from thelinor, and finally end up somewhere useful

I dunno how many people would want to use this boat.

also. I guess it would depend where you train on C2, but still a potentially long walk to get free trip, when 2 TP rings maybe better even to check the occupants of KF

also. I guess it would depend where you train on C2, but still a potentially long walk to get free trip, when 2 TP rings maybe better even to check the occupants of KF

Most places where people are training on C2 is without storage.

Like Bethel, Melinis and NRM, Willowvine.

I know some of the people from NRM and Melinis use this storage.

(I know because I'm often mixing there, less lag)

Some places , like yetis are far from storages, so most people use teleroom to storage.

And the storage in Thelinor is close to telepoint.

Edited by Zamirah

Gives PKers some fresh targets, which is nice

IMO... asking all pkers to show up in KF between 2 fixed times... is unrealistic...

Giving PKers some new targets is nice if you want only to kill folks who would not normally be in PK - the ones who would be trisking a free trip.

Asking all PKers to turn up between certain times in EL day in *not* unrealistic - the fact that you call people "targets" tells me that you normally get slaughtered by the usual PKers - and if you want more PK action, then you have to accept the requirement of arranging it.

On a separate note:

But I remember when I started to play, we used to run from DP to VOTD just for fun, died a lot of times and still loved it.

Actually, I do this for fun only, and know a few other people who do it. I don't have much interest in PK, and running through KF for the mercury is fun trying to avoid the PKers.

If you (any PKers) try waiting in KF, then you will see people like me who go for the fun mercury runs. Or does the prospect of a tougher PKer coming in to find you worry you out of waiting there?

When I am waiting at VotD sto for trades, I see lots of people going into KF to look for some PK action, then coming out again with no loss on their HP bar (of course they could have restored, but the fights must have been very short). If you wait in there for a while, then you will see some action - even if it is only me being sent to underworld when hunting free merc :wacko:

People dont wait a long time in KF alot because its sorta foolish if you are alone (and only a mid lvl pk'er).. firstly because you cant keep magic immunity on all the time, which means you get cooldowned by a tiger, and probably mana-drained by a player before you put mag immunity on, and secondly because some1 can come inside invis, and then see you and call his friend, and together they PK (summon) you to death.

Gotta love tigers. :bow_arrow:

But I remember when I started to play, we used to run from DP to VOTD just for fun, died a lot of times and still loved it.

pwnt, i still do that :bow_arrow::laugh: I wear something cheapish (i.e. BP cape) to make it more fun tho.

Edited by simmster

and secondly because some1 can come inside invis, and then see you and call his friend, and together they PK (summon) you to death.

Gotta love tigers. :icon13:

That just reinforces the point made by my (rhetorical) question of whether people won't wait there because they are scared of higher level PKers......

Does that mean that people are more than happy to only be fighting with weaker players? If so, how does that reflect on the PK community as a whole? And, how can anyone be "pr0" if they aint prepared to fight against stronger players than themselves? If a player is only prepared to attack someone much weaker than themselves, that makes them nothing more than a bully

BTW, I don't know you St_Arcane, and am not accusing you of this - just trying to raise a point

Edited by Matty27

In my opinion it would only be great cause of 1 reason, FREE pp's...

Huh free pp's? yes, everyone just takes te scotty died perk and when they need to go to c2 they walk through KF (and get killed?? yea right!) and take a free boat, and vice versa...

I think it's a bad idea, the scotty died perk has to have a negative effect, and when u implement this, the negative effect will be gone..

And now don't give me the BS about KF will get more pk'ers to wait for boat takers and stuff, we all know this won't happen, it's still easy to run through KF all day long, only thing i get killed by is the chimmie, no players at all...

But then again, this is just my opinion..

Huh free pp's? yes, everyone just takes te scotty died perk and when they need to go to c2 they walk through KF (and get killed?? yea right!) and take a free boat, and vice versa...

I think it's a bad idea, the scotty died perk has to have a negative effect, and when u implement this, the negative effect will be gone..

And now don't give me the BS about KF will get more pk'ers to wait for boat takers and stuff, we all know this won't happen, it's still easy to run through KF all day long, only thing i get killed by is the chimmie, no players at all...

But then again, this is just my opinion..

Yes, you are right, we get several levels every day so we need to go IP very often. :icon13:

So it's why we like it.

OK, here's my suggestion to this;

20080112222942dp0.jpg

Those red lines on the ground are fences covering the area.

The red linish thing is the boat (I suppose it'll be a big one ^^)

There's a gate at at the A side of the fences, you click on it to go inside.

In the fenced area ( B ), there are 2 forest chimerans.

You cannot teleport within the fenced area. ( B )

At C, there's a pirate NPC. (Even antisocials can speak to him)

You talk to him;

2 options

-"Take me to Irillion" option

-"Just passing" option

you click on Take me to irillion and poof, you're at irillion.

Advantages of this;

If a newb char goes into the fenced area with MM cape, there may be pkers there waiting to kill him which will block newbs from getting a free ride and crowding C2.

There'll be some serious fights there, and it may even be a good training spot :icon13:

well, there may be other advantages or disadvantages of this, just add comments about this suggestion.

I can't figure out how is Scotty died perk involved in travelling to c2? :icon13: If you meant back from c2, then believe me, it's much more convenient to use ring than to walk like mad to map and be thrown in KF honestly.

I am user of SD and believe me, they are not PP for free, I always have to carry rings and tele essences, with this idea, it won't change my behaviour a bit, trust me.

If I kill some pixels who look like a yeti or a gnome is the same for me. :icon13:

If I play chess, what I do a lot, do I not see the king as a little male and the queen as his big wife.

:blush: lol :)

I personally like the idea, helps enforce the whole risk and reward idea EL works around.

While yeah I bet there will be some pkers who will hang in KF to kill lower level players who run through, but they won't earn much as the low lvlers will run naked, and besides, it will bring alot more traffic through those areas, and likely get those lesser used C2 maps some traffic as well.

I think it's an all around good idea, while people say the pkers are getting a free trip, once you're over around 40 oa, 100gc doesn't hurt much, and besides, you leave a pk map and jump onto another pk map.

Oh and it will also let me laugh at everyone who says my MM Perk was a bad idea ^^