Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Pking in the main server

Kadlub come pk server its fun , all ppl r weak( under bear lvl) so its no problem if u start from scratch even now( i have more pking here than on the main, and some loot too :devlish: ).

Btw, join some enemy guild so its fun :confused:

mp

I would really like to.....

If i wasnt playing only weekends... :confused: Sorry mate i wont.... (but will always have an idea to join)

I m a Main Server Guy so i ll help to solve main server's PK problem :confused:

Kadlub come pk server its fun , all ppl r weak( under bear lvl) so its no problem if u start from scratch even now( i have more pking here than on the main, and some loot too :devlish: ).

Btw, join some enemy guild so its fun :confused:

mp

Mp with his allmighty war axe :pickaxe:

But indeed, all you pkers, come pk server, screw all those thousands of hours you spent to be strong. I did, and for shizzle mp did too lol.

Rostos 1$, so far less risk in losing stuff, and with that, its easy to not die with 1sec cooldown, only the beginning is tough.

Major PRO on pk server is that NO items are sold from shop besides rosto. On main, economy is afaik based on enriched ess etc. from shop, which kinda seems stupid, that a outgame shop so much influences ingame economy :confused: .

Here tit chains are rare, since all efe actually have to be made! No more spawnstealing/serping, only pking for spaws.

Lot of not-pure-pkers already joined, mxing,manuing,crafting etc.

We need more Pk-guilds there :confused:... and more suppliers :medieval: .

Edited by Manderijn

I was cleaning house and doing laundry for a few hours and thinking about PK. If I understand total war right, it would let warring guilds fight anywhere after dark. Do you realize that two or more guilds could fight for nighttime ownership of WSC and Whitestone Castle then? Do you realize you could stage riots in Portland, pouring out of the tavern, just whaling on each other in mock-drunken mock-rage? Yet all I ever see is a few people fighting in PK maps for no apparent reason and with no apparent goal, a few others bullying weaker players in arenas for no reason whatsoever, and everybody bitching about how hard it is or how expensive it is or how dead it is.

I just don't get you people. Where's your sense of drama?! Look at all of what Entropy has given you to play with, and you hardly use a fraction of it and keep complaining that it's not enough. There's another reason why I have no interest in PKing -- I'd be doing it all by myself! At least that's how it seems and feels -- all alone in a crowd, as it were. I just don't understand what part of PK you all think is fun, if it's not all of what Ent has already put in the game.

OK, end of rant. Shutting up now. 'Bye.

Edited by peino

this is about main server pk.

pk server pk. -.- :confused:

Main server pk hmmmmm. Since everyone fights in tit armor+ now, why not all fight in leathers? Same effect, only we wouldnt be harving 10 hours, if we break someting. Besides that everyone can pk instead of harving for armor, cause without tit plate youre worthless on nowadays pk :devlish: .

Main server pk hmmmmm. Since everyone fights in tit armor+ now, why not all fight in leathers? Same effect, only we wouldnt be harving 10 hours, if we break someting. Besides that everyone can pk instead of harving for armor, cause without tit plate youre worthless on nowadays pk :devlish: .

That would work...untill the first person got pissed off, threw there toys out there pram and came back in full tit set. then be back to square one

BEcause there will always be some smartass that thinks "hey, since everyone is in leather, why don't i get my ti + cutty and go pwn them all?"

I know. Same with trainining. I used to train also, since other people did same thing. People 130+ still train like they have loads to achieve. If there was only a cap at 150 a/d, altough many wont ever make it, its a mental barrier.

People at 100+ might feel less need to get those 'last' levels. Atm its endless endless training, which Im also guilty off :devlish: .

Almost all other games I played, there is a ingame barrier, which is raised maybe now and then. (not talking wow).

And please, get rid of pickpoints buying, cant say this enough.I feel stupid if I fight a same a/d/oa opponent and get owned cause he has bought 15 pickpoints :confused: . Imo just wrong. Its like he took negs, without taking the negs LOL.

In general, the diversity of strenghts ingame, isnt balanced with amount of people playing this game. Too few people who wanna fight and are near your strenght, mostly or you own them, or youre being owned, good fights are rare as hell.

To begin with, you cant do shit in pk, if you dont have the 250k set+sword etc.

Secondly you must train a year+ hard, to be bale to resist some hits from strongest people (not so bad, but with so few people around it is).

Thirdly you must like afk harving a lot.

What was so different a year to a year and a half ago that made kf constantly full?

personally I dont know, I wasnt pking at that time..

*prepares to get flamed*

IMO us pkers can hold our hands up to some of the blame.. we want new players to join pk and have fun, but what happens when a low level char enters pk in his aug gear ? we jump him !!! its not fun for him (and might put them off pk) and we get nothing out of it ( ooooooooh maybe some aug pants \o/) .

Maybe its about time we took responsibility and said right " anyone with 80hp and aug gear we will leave alone" (just an example).

lets let new players come in pk maps and pvp if they like and lets let them have a noob war if they like in kf without us killing them in one hit.. then maybe they will stick around in pk , get the taste for it, train like mad and come back to face the higher players.

A side note to this .. maybe characters who give pk points should have a star beside there name .. ( the point being it would give a rough indication of level.. )

Thanks, you are the first pk'r who admits it sucks big time.

I tried to explain before, but if i enter a pk map on ndd, in full steel etc. w/o some glowing sword, just to taste the fun every PK'er is so full of, I and lots of others too, get littery raped by at least 3 and often more fighters.

I will go into pk map next ndd, and lets see if there is anyone who dares to go into a "fair" fight. And maybe i should go in with just augmented, steel shield and serpent sword to show that PK should be about fun and strategy (i am a n00b for that i know) and not who has the best shitty armour or weapon, and lets have fun for once

There for, I dare you all. Next NDD we all go in in augmented and leave all the expansive stuff in storage for once

As I do not PK ... take this with a grain of salt.

What it sounds like is you folks PK'ing in the Main Server need KF changed so that there is an armor cap and a weapons cap.

"Like the old days ... grunt ... grunt" is a common complaint in these threads.

Perhaps if KF ... or all of C1 ... was limited to Full iron Armor usage ... and no glowing magic swords ... and no BROD's ... you could all regularly bonk each other on the head until you were dizzy with happiness.

Just a thought.

As I do not PK ... take this with a grain of salt.

What it sounds like is you folks PK'ing in the Main Server need KF changed so that there is an armor cap and a weapons cap.

"Like the old days ... grunt ... grunt" is a common complaint in these threads.

Perhaps if KF ... or all of C1 ... was limited to Full iron Armor usage ... and no glowing magic swords ... and no BROD's ... you could all regularly bonk each other on the head until you were dizzy with happiness.

Just a thought.

if you are going to do that. its better off being in TD, make the map proper old school..

Maybe but TD has less people on it than KF ( if that is possible), with the no rosto rule people are even more afraid to lose items than normal.

IMO us pkers can hold our hands up to some of the blame.. we want new players to join pk and have fun, but what happens when a low level char enters pk in his aug gear ? we jump him !!! its not fun for him (and might put them off pk) and we get nothing out of it ( ooooooooh maybe some aug pants \o/) .

Maybe its about time we took responsibility and said right " anyone with 80hp and aug gear we will leave alone" (just an example).

lets let new players come in pk maps and pvp if they like and lets let them have a noob war if they like in kf without us killing them in one hit.. then maybe they will stick around in pk , get the taste for it, train like mad and come back to face the higher players.

A side note to this .. maybe characters who give pk points should have a star beside there name .. ( the point being it would give a rough indication of level.. )

This is a very good post. I admire your attitude for this. The sad part is, there will always be someone, who will search for easy kills, thus hunting us, the A/D inferiors.

Guest ohmygod
Thirdly you must like afk harving a lot.

Harvesting with low emu from caps is too hard work now. :devlish:

I have had fun in pk since caps came in. I have died to many as people stand and fight now instead of run as soon as they see me.

Astro also gives people more confidence to pk though it would be nice to have it adjusted so astro for another sign is not opposite all the time.

To have fun in pk does require lots of gc and for those that dont spend $ in shop to support developers this means LOTs of time in game making gc rather than pking.

I dont play much nowdays but i think the last few times i did pk i lost/damaged/used over +400kgc worth of items tit shields, greaves, thermal, col + the xmana evasion/acc potions + ess oh and 5 rostos i think.

Before anyone says you can use iron sword and leather to pk, I use good stuff to be competitive cause without it i would get owned every time i went pking and too me thats not much fun :confused: . So ent should expect to get some $ from me soon so i can replace or buy more stuff without having to click for hours on yeti and i will see you's in KF :confused:

To answer the question of "just wanted to know if anyone plans on or is Pking on the main server?", yes i do.

I've been highly AFK for the last week or two, i cant deny i'm getting fed up with the mind numbing mass amount of harvesting that needs to be done to keep up with the cost of PK... (as a solution i've actually been playing another game while i AFK mine in EL, one of the three 3D MMORPG's that exists that has a native linux client :D)... but i will be back into it big time soon :)

See you all in KF and the new arenas soon :wacko:

Planeshift? ATITD?
Regnum Online

I should have said one of the three free MMO's :wacko:

Regnum is cool, apparently it's similar in many ways to WoW, but i've never played WoW so i wouldn't know.

All in all, i'd say EL is the "better" game, but Regnum certainly offers a few things EL doesnt.

I'm enjoying playing both games, mixing it up seems to be keeping me interest in both.