Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

I just wonder, where people got the idea, that mixers have tons of rostogols and of which they think are useless and of no value to them :D Don't spam other thread with topic belonging elsewhere. It's like children playground brawl, who has the most shiny toy, cut it out people :P

Hijack-No.gif

WARNING Lack of sense of humour alert

I just wonder, where people got the idea, that mixers have tons of rostogols and of which they think are useless and of no value to them :D Don't spam other thread with topic belonging elsewhere. It's like children playground brawl, who has the most shiny toy, cut it out people :P

Hijack-No.gif

I just wonder, where people got the idea, that mixers have tons of rostogols and of which they think are useless and of no value to them ;) Don't spam other thread with topic belonging elsewhere. It's like children playground brawl, who has the most shiny toy, cut it out people :hug:

Hijack-No.gif

i agree

If it doesnt ignore MM, ME WANTY !!!!! if it does, ME STILL WANTY !!!!

What about if the creature is a griffin?

The griffin, griffon or gryphon[1] (from Old French grifon[2]) is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. More similar to the creature would be the gyrfalcon, a large falcon of the north, which may account for the name 'gryphon' as a cross between 'gyrfalcon' and 'lion'. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature.[3] In antiquity it was a symbol of divine power and a guardian of the divine.[4] (taken from the en.wikipedia)

sorry if this has already been suggested

Can't have a gryphon called Leonard the Gryphon, now can we?

It would be Gary the Gryphon, of course! :P

Sorry, I don't know how to type phonetic symbols, so I'll have to spell out the pronunciations. Where I come from it would be:

S-EYE-phon the Gr-IF-phon. (long 'e' versus short 'e'.)

The emphasis on the first vowels ruins the rhyme to my ear.

Edited by peino

Entropy, you can name your new pet anything you like --

The pet part is the bit that worries me, knowing how ebul Ent can be, wouldnt be a surprise if he didnt make it so at times he could personaly control his "pet" like a character :D ..... then look out

edit: or is it a bad move putting that idea in his head :huh:

Edited by conavar

Ok. I have spent alot of time (perhaps 2 hours) semi-afk reading thiis long thread.

For those of you saying that if this game was for AFK players then there would be an AFK server, get real! This game wants you to read the forums and post your opinion and you are not going to be paying very good attention to the game if you are in the forums! If you punish people for being AFK, you punish them for taking the time to post in the forums, going to the bathroom, cooking (I AFK a bit to do this), taking care of their kids (I know a number of mom's playing this game and caring for their babies). Not being allowed to AFK does indeed mean you are trying to push people away from the game. Yes, I know there is only to be one of them (unless Entropy changes his mind on that) but until it is known where a person can be safely (also see my hunting radius comment below), there will be objections.

As for people suggesting that it doesn't hurt much and you will only lose 1 or 2 items, I got news for you, I have helped alot of new players and the greater the difference between your A/D and the person or thing you are fighting with, the more you drop. That means that this cat could perhaps make a person drop alot if they are in their 20's A/D. Newbs drop about everything they carry when gargoyles attack them.

I do think that an experiment like this could benefit the game, but I don't think the thing should be that strong or roam multiple maps. No creature will roam outside of a certain hunting radius of its home....if that is a cave or whatever. If it does not leave a map, you don't have to worry about it teleporting either (which is not realistic). If it is to be a cat, it should not use armor or weapons it uses (I forget who suggested that, but I agree).

Entropy, if you are concerned about this cat putting a strain on the server, may I suggest using an old server to host the npc's and any creature AI's? I imagine that if you add enough to the game, you will need to split up the chores between servers anyways. Just a gut feeling there.

And for anyone suggesting that I should level my A/D to be safe from this, please feel free to eat my blacksmith hammer. I am #8 manu for the game and I have A/D of 34/36 and I rarely train A/D. I don't like it.

Edit: I almost forgot another thing as bad as being AFK.....being in console mode with no sound....this is a social game, people chat alot in console mode.

Edited by nathanstenzel

For those of you saying that if this game was for AFK players then there would be an AFK server, get real! This game wants you to read the forums and post your opinion and you are not going to be paying very good attention to the game if you are in the forums! If you punish people for being AFK, you punish them for taking the time to post in the forums, going to the bathroom, cooking (I AFK a bit to do this), taking care of their kids (I know a number of mom's playing this game and caring for their babies). Not being allowed to AFK does indeed mean you are trying to push people away from the game. Yes, I know there is only to be one of them (unless Entropy changes his mind on that) but until it is known where a person can be safely (also see my hunting radius comment below), there will be objections.

Wrong, it will be as crowded as the PK-server - 16 online there now.

Edited by Zamirah

fail2it9.jpg

Ok. Proud to be mocked then.

I said things on a number of angles here, Entropy.

Some for, some against and some saying why people feel the way they do.

Mock away.

Wrong, it will be like the PK-server - 16 online there now.

Well, I meant for the non-fighter type.....if I understood you right.

Added:I am not sure if I do understand you right, to tell the truth.

Edited by nathanstenzel