Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

Great idea, I love it. :D

About the storages: I personally am not adverse to storage massacre's, but maybe you can add a fireplace to every storage in C2, so that people can keep a fire burning to ward off the leopard, and if they die, then they have no1 to blame except their own carelessness.

edit: another thing, if u want to bother with some extra graphics, make it so that only its eyes (light reflected) are visible from a distance, or if its stalking just outside some light... I love that eerie feeling u get when you look into the bush around you and see those eyes staring at you. :blush:

Edited by St_Arcane

i was just too lazy to quote her post. please refrain from ignorance in the future.

Why not be nice? It's not hard to copy and paste. Then you can use the delete key wherever needed.

Leopard is fine by me, like Bob the Gob we can call him Leonard the Leopard..... :happy:

Two queries:

I haven't got a clear picture whether this one exclusive animal or a type of animal where there are more than one. Just one, right?

Will it be distinguishable from other leopards or are we paying our nickels and taking our chances?

I like the suggestion that it would grow physically as his levels increase!

I don't care much for the idea that the leopard can use weapons and armor it collects, but think the booty should lie in it's stomach waiting to turn into a DB. Actually making use of it I think turns it into a mythical beast.

Leopard is fine by me, like Bob the Gob we can call him Leonard the Leopard..... :happy:

Two queries:

I haven't got a clear picture whether this one exclusive animal or a type of animal where there are more than one. Just one, right?

Will it be distinguishable from other leopards or are we paying our nickels and taking our chances?

I like the suggestion that it would grow physically as his levels increase!

I don't care much for the idea that the leopard can use weapons and armor it collects, but think the booty should lie in it's stomach waiting to turn into a DB. Actually making use of it I think turns it into a mythical beast.

As far as I know:

Just one, roaming around c2 throughout the night in some indoor, some outdoor.

It will be a leopard model, but its health (and possibley name?) will ne different, making it distinguishable from a regular leopard.

I like the idea of collecting items, but there should be certain items he can wear. Like med's, Col's, possibley armor. But leopard with a sword? kinda wierd lol

~kGn

8. A kill message (both when he kills or is killed) can be done, similar to Joker.

it i want see xD

but i still think that stronger players will be staying (if he will be) spawned in the hell,wont u make him random spawn anywhere on c2?

As far as I know:

Just one, roaming around c2 throughout the night in some indoor, some outdoor.

It will be a leopard model, but its health (and possibley name?) will ne different, making it distinguishable from a regular leopard.

I like the idea of collecting items, but there should be certain items he can wear. Like med's, Col's, possibley armor. But leopard with a sword? kinda wierd lol

~kGn

Panar Leopard ftw! :happy:

I also agree that the beast should be able to collect (some) items from its victims' DBs, but I'm uncertain about the idea of it being able to wear what it loots, especially weapons if it does have the high attack that Entropy had in mind.

I shall hunt it...or mayhaps it shall hunt me... :hehe:

I can't see why everyone is so worried about being killed by this monster...

1) There is only 1 and he has many maps to roam - when did you last seethe Unicorn in WS - and that only has one

2) High level players will hunt him hard! - so it's life expectancy will be relatively short

3) Carry a rost and you are fine.

Announcements will be made when he attacks.. so you should have an idea where he is.

As for going afk harvesting.... whenever you do that you run the risk of dying..

As for going afk harvesting.... whenever you do that you run the risk of dying..

And if the reason we play this game is, that we can do this ?

And it's why we don't play on the PK-server .

We have to look for another game ??

The reason I play this game is, that I can go afk here when I need, not that it's so much better than other games.

Ot take me maybe 2-3 min to log on, I use to have 3-4 lines of chat if I'm at storage, before I'm on and it take me ½-1 min to log off, where the computer are freezing.

So if I take a 10 min break from RL to play, do I waste 4-5 min of them logging on/off.

And I have a fast connection.

Edited by Zamirah

Well, the leopard will only be on C2 so you're still always going to be safe on C1.

I don't see a problem, I kinda like the maneater idea :hehe:

The reason I play this game is, that I can go afk here when I need, not that it's so much better than other games.

Ot take me maybe 2-3 min to log on, I use to have 3-4 lines of chat if I'm at storage, before I'm on and it take me ½-1 min to log off, where the computer are freezing.

So if I take a 10 min break from RL to play, do I waste 4-5 min of them logging on/off.

Errr.... to be able to go afk is not a key element to this game.

While it is nice to be able to afk, the game won't be designed around that concept. Pick a nearby house or tavern insides to afk in if you need to.

It is one monster on 6 maps or more - and it avoids populated places.... the chances of it finding you are remote..

And if it does what do you lose - an exc cape and what you have harvested... or carry a rost if you harvest in full tit/col.

I understand how it worrys you, I too like the fact I can go afk in EL more then any other game. So when I'm in c2 and have to go afk... Either I'll go portals room or I guess a house. (he said some insides, so I think a tarvern or even a regular house would be fine)

~kGn

lol zamirah you should be ashamed of yourself... you are 1 of the highest leveled fighters, and you could probably kill this creature in 2 hits with a pickaxe (it has 50's def and 50'ish health), while there are people that are 5x weaker than you that are for this idea.

lol zamirah you should be ashamed of yourself... you are 1 of the highest leveled fighters, and you could probably kill this creature in 2 hits with a pickaxe (it has 50's def and 50'ish health), while there are people that are 5x weaker than you that are for this idea.

And I can't post for other, who don't have a forum account and don't want to make one, because this will make them stop playing ?

And I can't post for other, who don't have a forum account and don't want to make one, because this will make them stop playing ?

If they don't want to waste 5 minutes to make a forum account to speak for themselves and then quit because of it, then it really doesn't bother me.. let them quit. :fire:

Well, this is the first of your posts that indicates that you are voicing concerns of a possible group of players and not just your own, I think concerns for your own safety aren't appropriate from what we've heard of the stats and behavior of leonard and for lower level players: get them to Irilion: more players = more safety at night :fire:

Overall this will be only a small annoyance (if at all): leonard roams a number of (large) maps, is active only at night, stays away from populated areas (aka good chance of db recovery and safety at storages)....

I think this idea comes off very negative to many people, since only downsides are made clear.

The first posts only tells about special leopard skin, for clothes, which is sorry to say, worth 0.000000000gc. And doesnt add anything usefull to you neither.

This creature will make half of EL-playerbase defenseless, if it has dragon att. What possible drops woud it give? Are we talking about tit plates here, or about efe?

How would people like the idea of a people-eating-leopard, if they dont know advantages of it?

Edited by Manderijn

Manderijn brings up very good points. What is the upside of this creature, aside from fun for a few who are very strong or enjoy running and hiding? Entropy, any ideas on that?

EDIT: I forgot -- one upside feature is constant spontaneous drops of some kind (as suggested by Sygon). This will not only encourage tracking of the monster to get the drops, but will also serve to warn travelers when the creature is in the map with them.

As for those bad features, a lot of people have countered them in a lot of ways, but I'd like to just go over it again, so if we're getting this wrong, Entropy can clear it up:

1- The creature comes out only at night.

2- The creature stays out of towns and well lit areas and avoids crowds and strong players/groups. Because of this, it will be harder to find than the unicorn (which I'm constantly tripping over in WS :fire:).

3- The creature has high attack and magic resistance, but is physically weak, making it possible to kill it with correct strength, equipment and/or strategy. So it is not as dangerous as a permanently on-the-loose dragon.

4- Once the creature is killed, it will not respawn for 20 hours. Server announcements will let us know when the creature has been killed, so if you happen be around for such an announcement, you will know when and for how long it will be safe to travel around C2.

NOTE: If we ask nicely, maybe Gossip can add a command to tell when the creature was last killed, like she does with who won the last lottery (or is that Vakana?). Then, whenever you log on, you can check if the creature is out of commission.

5- If I understand Entropy right, the creature will roam outside and go in and out of caves. It will not enter buildings -- I guess because it can't use doors. So all buildings will be safe zones.

NOTE: Some people have suggested it shouldn't be able to use other barriers/tools, either, and I agree with this. So it shouldn't use boats to go off the mainland, and it shouldn't use ladders to climb cliffs after you, but it can use map portals like any other creature. If these limitations are in place, there will be plenty of very useful areas for people to go afk in.

6- The creature will level a/d but only up to 100, so it will not get forever stronger and harder to kill.

If all these features are accurate, then I think this creature will be a good addition to the game that will not increase danger and difficulty to the point where some people can't play in C2 anymore.

Edited by peino

I'm not worried about being attacked AFK or not. Out of the dozen or more chars I've created (and killed off) over time, only once was I caught by the wandering garg in WS. I've never been afraid to cross that map at night.

Assuming the chances are similar of being attacked by 'Leonard', even with AI hunting ability he could be on any one of a number of maps, what are the odds? Even if you encounter him, chances are good you can get out of the way before being targeted particularly with other players in the area. Nope, no worries here!

A-weem a-weh, a-weem a-weh, a-weem a-weh.....