Eternal Lands Official Forums
swattter

Give Boneless creatures bones

I'm sorry to bring this thread up again. But the demand for bones is actually much higher than the supply. More things are using bones nowadays (bone-eaters, summoners, engineers, ...) but the supply hasn't become bigger, the huge stocks of bones are gone from before bones became more popular and now it's almost impossible to buy bones on market (if you find 500+ you can be happy). I think it's good for fighters (they gain more gc) and other skills have a better supply. I hope Radu will introduce more creatures with bones (like Cyclops drop 4 bones or something, since another thread asked for better drops by Cyclops, or let Fluffly drop 1 bone like normal bunnies).

im not sure if its still like this but up to a couple of months ago NC southcave was often empty, you can get a LOT of bones quite quick in there, if there was people in there getting bones 24/7 it would do a lot for the supply and make those peopel a lot of gc, if you kill 1 skellie for 8 bones and sell for 2.5gc thats 20gc per skellie and you can kill in one hit with a sword

Problem is that there aren't that much spawns with more than 2-3 skellies. You always have to wait for a long time and you almost get no exp. Selling BL gives faster money, so no one cares about skellies.

Problem is that there aren't that much spawns with more than 2-3 skellies. You always have to wait for a long time and you almost get no exp. Selling BL gives faster money, so no one cares about skellies.

Actually, I believe there are many places with 2+ skeletons, and you can effectively gather bones from just 1. Bones may be difficult to locate and purchase on the market, but if you make the effort to go hunting for them yourself there are plenty.

It can be tedious to collect them in sufficient amounts for your needs I'm sure, but not as difficult as some would have you believe.

I can always hunt them myself, but I don't think that's the point of an MMORPG. In real life people don't go search oil too when the prices goes up, they just ask for a bigger supply (or ask help from the gouvernment to lower taxes). I just see this as an opportunity for fighters to get a bigger income without adding extra gc into the game economy.

If I could buy FP for 15 gc with no cooldown, then you bet your white cotton socks, I would beat a path to the door of the seller. bone price 3gc ftw.

Says it all. And up.

If I could buy FP for 15 gc with no cooldown, then you bet your white cotton socks, I would beat a path to the door of the seller. bone price 3gc ftw.

Says it all. And up.

Same as I was thinking (and have said before). If bone eaters, engineers, summoners etc want people to go and kill skellies for bones, then they need to make sure they pay enough gc per bone that the fighter can earn more money than lupines. I never spent an hour on skellies, but I think that 800 bones per hour would be a very good hour. Any bone eaters want to pay 5gc per bone or more?

The thing that amazes me with bone eaters - why they insist on eating bones only. I have seen people going to make FE on site and taking bones. With this mentality, no wonder it is hard to get enough. What is wrong with eating FP and only bones when the FP is on cooldown?

The thing that amazes me with bone eaters - why they insist on eating bones only. I have seen people going to make FE on site and taking bones.

They probably never heard of Cooked Meat ;)

The thing that amazes me with bone eaters - why they insist on eating bones only. I have seen people going to make FE on site and taking bones.

Since you can eat bones while under food cool down, you should always be eating some form of normal food and just supplementing it with bones. Stretches the hard stuff much further.

I would have expected that bone-collecting would be a worthwhile pursuit for low level characters; how many bones are left to rot on Isle Prima by newbies? Rather than adding more bones to high level creatures, for the benefit of high level fighters, perhaps more emphasis on getting newbies to collect and sell the bones from little critters -- after all, which would you prefer, rabbit bones or skeleton bones?

Since you can eat bones while under food cool down, you should always be eating some form of normal food and just supplementing it with bones. Stretches the hard stuff much further.

I would have expected that bone-collecting would be a worthwhile pursuit for low level characters; how many bones are left to rot on Isle Prima by newbies? Rather than adding more bones to high level creatures, for the benefit of high level fighters, perhaps more emphasis on getting newbies to collect and sell the bones from little critters -- after all, which would you prefer, rabbit bones or skeleton bones?

sounds like a nice idea imo :D would help the newbies to get more gc and enjoy the game cause its a lil easier for them, and all other people would have their bones. (and no bitching about high lvls having advantages. you cant bitch about the cute lil newbies :D)

EDIT: dunno how to make the newbies realize that tho ;)

Edited by Tempest

Newbies tend to want instant gratification, kill it, pick it up, sell it to the tavern. Or harvest it, walk, sell it to the flower shop. I believe many wouldn't have the patience to gather the bones they get, haul them to storage and stock up in sufficient quantities to sell for money when the standard newbie advice for gc is to go harvest lilacs.

Example, a newbie has 5 bones in his inventory, he asks where he can sell bones, the answer is a bot or player but most likely only to players in larger amounts, at this point I'd say a good percentage of newbies would drop their bones and go sell something they get instant money for.

I'd say the best way to make newbies realize the gc value of saved bones is to hang out on IP or channel 1, and tell them to collect and sell bones every time they ask how to make money :D

Well i killed 162 Rabbits when i had low a/d and i know i won't travel for less than 5k bones. Adding bones to higher level creatures isnt meant to benefit high level fighters but to meet the demands because these are killed in much higher numbers ;)

Edited by Vrumfondel

Newbies tend to want instant gratification, kill it, pick it up, sell it to the tavern. Or harvest it, walk, sell it to the flower shop. I believe many wouldn't have the patience to gather the bones they get, haul them to storage and stock up in sufficient quantities to sell for money when the standard newbie advice for gc is to go harvest lilacs.

Example, a newbie has 5 bones in his inventory, he asks where he can sell bones, the answer is a bot or player but most likely only to players in larger amounts, at this point I'd say a good percentage of newbies would drop their bones and go sell something they get instant money for.

I'd say the best way to make newbies realize the gc value of saved bones is to hang out on IP or channel 1, and tell them to collect and sell bones every time they ask how to make money :D

So here is good idea for person with a bot: Place it to WS docks and buy bones for 1gc, you will have all the newbies as suppliers.

So here is good idea for person with a bot: Place it to WS docks and buy bones for 1gc, you will have all the newbies as suppliers.

For $100 I can buy a lot of bones ingame at insane prices ;)

To encourage newbies on Isle Prima to earn money by collecting and selling bones, it would really require a character to hang around near the beam and announce that they are buying bones. They would also have to explain how to trade etc. This would get newbies familier with making money from trade, and they'd probably sell their bones for 1gc.

To encourage newbies on Isle Prima to earn money by collecting and selling bones, it would really require a character to hang around near the beam and announce that they are buying bones. They would also have to explain how to trade etc. This would get newbies familier with making money from trade, and they'd probably sell their bones for 1gc.

In theory I agree with you but in reality everybody is too impatient. The people who need the bones only want large amounts NOW, and the newbies selling only want their idea of "big gc" NOW. I don't see anybody being willing to "waste" that much time hanging around IP to buy bones from newbies in bunches of 10 or however the newbie is likely to sell them.

It would be great if we could get newbies and lower level players to realize the potential profit of collecting and saving the animal items too for future sales to players. They not only will make a future profit, they will benefit in their levels too.

In theory I agree with you but in reality everybody is too impatient. The people who need the bones only want large amounts NOW, and the newbies selling only want their idea of "big gc" NOW. I don't see anybody being willing to "waste" that much time hanging around IP to buy bones from newbies in bunches of 10 or however the newbie is likely to sell them.

It would be great if we could get newbies and lower level players to realize the potential profit of collecting and saving the animal items too for future sales to players. They not only will make a future profit, they will benefit in their levels too.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about the "impatience" factor: I both buy bones *and* hunt animals/farm skeletons to get bones, the latter being quite a tedious task. I'm all for teaching newbies about the mechanics of the game, that they can provide low level ingredients to higher level players so that both gain in the process, but going around IP explaining everyone I meet these things, over and over again, battling with language barriers, doesn't seem feasible to me: call me impatient if you like, but back to hunting I'd go rather than doing that (and I'd gather bones far quicker, I believe). Perhaps, and besides the usual moderator work of tipping new players, you could add a little newbie welcome and first steps in the encyclopedia, and have it pop up about ten times for new players.

Anyway, I believe that the goal of this thread was to point out an imbalance in the game (bones are used in more ways than before and their availability has decreased) and suggest a solution (make more creatures drop bones): what's wrong with the proposed solution? It's not that you can cause a "bone inflation" in the game, no more than you can have a blue lupine one (i.e. there *are* some resources virtually unlimited for all players). I must say that now that I'm doing both engineering and a little summoning I run out of bones quite quickly, fortunately I resisted the temptation of getting the IEDP perk when it came out! :P

IMHO both "educating" newbies and adding bones to some boneless creatures would help, you can sure tweak things in the opposite direction if a bone deluge on the game causes problems :)

Rehdon

For collecting bones from newbies on Isle Prima, a Merchant NPC might be an interesting approach ("game" owned rather than guild owned).