Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

I don't think the nexus bought through hydro were ever meant to be removed and put into p/c. this has just been an exploitation of the system leading to ridiculous p/c levels. hydro buying was installed so that ppl could take nexus without sacrificing p/c. Removal was installed so ppl could change their character focus without a full reset. It was never meant to be a way to "overclock" your coord

So true, not meant, but they're usable to overclock like really easy :s. If the cap will be 48 some chars will have insane will/vit, with that insane mana. To max a attribute only 44 oa levels will be required. So maxing 4 attributes isn't really that hard for some people.

To be really honest, I dont care about it anymore, as long as pickpoints are buyable anyway, I'll just hang around on PK server, and hope for god sake nexus stones will be removed there.

It would make PK better on main server though, thats for sure. And at least there will some kind of max :) 48 in all attributes lol.

I am inclined to vote yes, but will wait one day or two so that I can read other people opinions before a final decision.

Having a cap on EMU, as a consequence of a cap on attributes, is actually not that bad: people will be less tempted to build up "mule" characters, and less harvesting may actually mean less pseudo-inflation (it's not real inflation, since the value of gc is not devalued, but the circulation of high-level items is increased, which is the non-monetary equivalent).

Also, I don't think high-level monsters would became useless at all. On the contrary, it might require more teamwork to kill a dragon, true, but isn't favouring player-to-player interaction the reason d'etre of MMORPGs in general? As far as combat ability is concerned, the net effect will be that you will grow up your combat level faster as long as you don't hit the cap, and more slowly (1/5 as fast, give or take some approximation) after that, since you only rely on a/d. This will effectively reduce differences between mid-level and top-level fighters, making PK more strategic and more interesting (in my view at least), as opposed to simply winning because your p/c is so much higher than your opponent's one.

BTW, apparently this is the direction we are heading to anyway, with mines and missiles all contributing to more strategic fighting.

There is one drawback to caps in general: in time, maybe a large portion of the population will hit the cap, and when this happen, all characters will tend to become more uniform (i.e., all attributes will grow towards 48). It will take a long, long time before the problem becomes real, and by then I trust Radu will be more than capable to re-assess the cap (maybe, raising it to 50 or 52 as the circumstances demand).

So, it's :) from me, and my vote will follow suit if noone convinces me of the contrary.

Because that means a maximum emu a player can have is 960... thats sort of bad for harvesters, coz i know some that have 1500 emu!!!
If Entropy desires, this is EASILY fixed with a crown/cape/perk/medallion that would raise EMU without changing attributes. I would not be at all surprised to see one change (attribute caps) result in other related changes/additions (like a EMU crown).

BTW, I haven't voted yet, waiting for more discussion and possible more information from Entropy first.

I think it is a good idea, u still be able to level your a/d but cap on p/c would make more team effort

Pro idea Conavar.

This will actually bring race attributes to EL for the firsttime. :)

Nope, for the 2nd, you have right now some races who have an advantage, p2p, no fighting book for them, but Conavar's idea sounds interesting for me ;)

Dont get me wrong, im not against a cap, but i have no idea right now where that cap should be. I dont like those perked up über chars too, my personal opinion is basically, even the lowest n00b should be able to kill the strongest player by a very, very, very low chance. And thats right now impossible. Well, that cap wont make that possible, but it goes in the right direction, getting rid of nearly god like players, so i basically support a cap.

And since we have the chance to find out how such a cap could work on the PK server (small player base), i suggest to try it out there and then make our mind up. :)

And, oh, yes, race dependent cap might be interesting too. Dwarves are strong, humans are humans, elves maybe magically, gnomes intelligent and swift and orcs, err... orchants stinking dumb and strong. Dont ask me for a definite level for race depending attribute caps, but it might be worth thinking about that. In a way thats it is still possible to play a dwarven mage or a gnome fighter, but a race gives you a little advantage.

Piper

To Max all attributes at 48 would require 288 pick points. Even with all the negitive perks, and a Masterpiter trainning attitute it would take an very long time to hit overall 240. So by using the other attributes to build your charater, there is a means to build it up quite differently than everyone else. Some one may choose to max out will and reasoning for more xp, getting the A/D levels up a bit faster. Other may max out vitality and instict, making them very hard to hit and causing little damage. There are many combinations of a charter build. I think this will also give the lower A/D people a chance to fight and not be killed in 2 seconds. A two second fight is not much fun. I would say it is not much fun on either the winning or losing side of a fight like that. I will miss my 1200 emu. I will miss being able to kill the odd yeti. But I will enjoy having a PRO mage and a PRO summoner by my side.. It seems very intresting at least

Because that means a maximum emu a player can have is 960... thats sort of bad for harvesters, coz i know some that have 1500 emu!!!

ROFL....give me a name of a harvester that has an emu of 1500 ;) plz just one :)

To Max all attributes at 48 would require 288 pick points. Even with all the negitive perks, and a Masterpiter trainning attitute it would take an very long time to hit overall 240. So by using the other attributes to build your charater, there is a means to build it up quite differently than everyone else. Some one may choose to max out will and reasoning for more xp, getting the A/D levels up a bit faster. Other may max out vitality and instict, making them very hard to hit and causing little damage. There are many combinations of a charter build. I think this will also give the lower A/D people a chance to fight and not be killed in 2 seconds. A two second fight is not much fun. I would say it is not much fun on either the winning or losing side of a fight like that. I will miss my 1200 emu. I will miss being able to kill the odd yeti. But I will enjoy having a PRO mage and a PRO summoner by my side.. It seems very intresting at least

-24 :) . They start at 4 iirc. So oa 264 oa. Or 164 oa + 100*800k = 80.000.000gc to max it all. Which comes down to 20k$ for perfect p/c/w/v/i/r.

It seems to me that the vote was open to everyone not just the pkers among us for a reason. Putting a cap on physique caps out our emu and affects harvesters in a negative way. There is already a PK server, keep the cap there if pk'ers like it. My opinion is there is freedom to assign our pp's where we feel best served by them.

I have a question, maybe someone more experienced in training on monsters (not PK) can explain this to me.

I've heard repeatedly "there aren't enough <fill in your favorite monster> spawns!" type of complaints. IF the higher monsters will be mostly group-attacks after the cap, wouldn't that increase the number of spawn complaints? If your friends aren't around to go hunt that dragon, won't you revert to the last monster that you can kill yourself? And won't that be more or less the same for more and more people over time, due to the p/c cap? I know a/d levels make a difference, but this is my question. Would we or would we not increase the problem of spawns being full (or being perceived to be taken)?

Thanks for a non-confrontational explanation.

lilcnoot

I can't see a single downfall to this idea.

- People will have to think about what they want with their char, instead of "zomg 2 pp, coord pl0x"

- It puts an emphisis on the a/d level rather than the attributes for fighting, which is how it should be.

- People won't be so inclined to simply buy their strength.

- 960 emu is more than enough. I love how every time a change occurs that effects the fighters, the non fighters usually have a laugh at them, now you see some harvesters coming out and saying "what, you mean i can't carry 800 coal in 1 trip... no fair!"

- No man should be able to solo a dragon imo. There should always be something in a game over your head, that you may need a couple buddies to help ya out with. This will promote the grouping.

- Entropy does the coding, so no work for me.

There's probably more, but you probably figured it out by now, I voted yes :)

lol im loven it imagine the DPa PKers no more all coord crap, now we can bring lots of evevrything into the eqausion like phys/will/vita/instinct etc and it wont be so one sided in PK, so ppl with lower a/d wont have to go all coord just to beat some ppl in PK

I have not voted yet, but I will do before it is over. I have a few comments to make first.

Firstly, I think 48 is a bit low for the main server. I think it will be good for the PK server but on the main it could be a big problem for EMU and also people with lower a/d's will have a very tough time reaching the levels of some of the higher players. For example, the people who have been training on yeti's for ages will have a massive advantage because the people who havn't wont be able to as they can't pump their coord high enough. This will making training at higher levels even more dull than it already is. You'll be stuck on the same creatures for training for many many a/d levels. For example, I'm just moving from cycs onto fluffs and have been saving my pp's so I can bump up my coord to 50 so I can start a bit earlier than if I don't do that (I'm getting a bit bored of cycs). Already at this level I would be hitting the limit on coord and there is a long way to go to catch up with some of the higher level players out there a/d wise. A max of 960 EMU will hit harvesters quite badly too.

I also believe this will actually limit diversity of players. People who want to train will just max out their phys, coord and instinct so they can dodge hits better and the mixers will max out their EMU and will for better harving and more exp.

I'm a bit of an allrounder, there are skills I don't do like potioning and summoning but I do most everything else and I honestly don't know which way to vote as of yet.

I think The_Piper's suggestion of waiting to see how things go on the PK server with it is a good idea but I still don't think the PK server will give an accurate representation of the effect on the main server. I certainly don't look forward to catching the a/d of players that are 120+ a/d without being able to jack up my coord to train on higher level monsters though.

Even though I'm an all-rounder I havn't mentioned mixing much because I don't think it'll have a huge impact (other than the EMU of course).

I will wait to see what other comments are made before making my decision on which way to vote so lets see what you've all got. :)

lightspeed how about if ur not a pker hush up and let the pk'ers vote?

this will make the game a lot more interesting and in retro spect might revive some of the fun!

How about YOU hush up and let others vote? This is for Everyone, not just the PK folks. DAMN small minds.

on the main it could be a big problem for EMU and also people with lower a/d's will have a very tough time reaching the levels of some of the higher players

Number 1 in harvest dosent have an EMU of 960 and plays for years so plz ..... :bow_arrow:

Like its possible now a lower a/d reach a top one now if he keeps training ? :bow_arrow:

on the main it could be a big problem for EMU and also people with lower a/d's will have a very tough time reaching the levels of some of the higher players

Number 1 in harvest dosent have an EMU of 960 and plays for years so plz ..... :bow_arrow:

Like its possible now a lower a/d reach a top one now if he keeps training ? :bow_arrow:

totally agree , im a bit of an all rounder ( apart from summoning which bores me) and i have 900 emu at the moment.. that is more than enough for harving.

question to the harvers : do you leave the items you harv in sto ? or make items from them ? because imo capping would have a big increase in your sale's... players not as tough.. so they need to wear better armour to train.. there not as strong .so they need to use swords ( swords might have a use outside pk now), they get hit more often... more SRS, He's used/bought from others.. etc etc etc

edit: on a pk note.. it will make players think about what they take.. and not just strap there whole sto to there back .. :icon13:

Edited by conavar

i voted no because id like to have the cap at maybe 60-70 because then i can train on higher monsters at lower a/ds for better oa lvling, but the no caps is what made this game seem better to me than WoW, i reached the top lvls on wow and sold my char coz it was boring, i much more injoy haveing a good coord say around 60+ and then just a bit of vita and will but is just MO

~bigk

I'm #11 harvest, my emu is 1560 :icon13:

I think 48 is a bit low, I could get 48 p/c/w/v and still have 13 pp left.

I think it could ne better for training and it would give much more xp in other skills.