Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

I agree with caps for a period like 9 months. But not for ever.

On the other hand if we set caps on the main server we will ruin the pk server.

48 is extremely low btw..

So for 9 months or 12 months or whatever the maximum oa can be 160.

After 1 year Ent can release 20 more oa levels so the maximum oa cap can be 180.

But leveling should be much faster than now.

In a way el has allready caps. Only a few players kept playing after 100's cause after 100's there aren't enough motives to make people keep playing.

Many top players are char buyers.

Don't make the game with expiration date.

First I agree there needs to be a cap, and should have always had one.

As it stands in at least the PK side of the game, PC (physique and coordination) are far more important

than AD (attack and defense). I really hate 'squirreling' away my pps for coord like some deranged rodent.

But I voted no because my only option was 'capped at 48'.

After 1 year Ent can release 20 more oa levels so the maximum oa cap can be 180.

In a way el has allready caps. Only a few players kept playing after 100's cause after 100's there aren't enough motives to make people keep playing.

Limiting oa on a temporary basis would serve no purpose but to screw over do disservice to those players who have already trained tirelessly to reach those high levels. Perchance, are you 9-12 months from oa 160? :)

Many top players are char buyers, because there is nothing to train on after Yeti. Personally, after 45,000 of the same monster over the past year and change, I can understand the frustration and boredom. With players able to take down the strongest monster in the game without breaking a sweat. The stronger monsters are untrainable by the masses. Perhaps with more even might, these creatures can be adjusted to give stronger players another training option, and something to strive for. I used to love working towards getting another att/def level, or one more oa level to feel the difference in training, or better yet jump to the next challenging monster. This hasn't happened in well over a year, and currently, there is no resolution in sight.

Limiting oa on a temporary basis would serve no purpose but to screw over do disservice to those players who have already trained tirelessly to reach those high levels. Perchance, are you 9-12 months from oa 160? :)

Many top players are char buyers, because there is nothing to train on after Yeti. Personally, after 45,000 of the same monster over the past year and change, I can understand the frustration and boredom. With players able to take down the strongest monster in the game without breaking a sweat. The stronger monsters are untrainable by the masses. Perhaps with more even might, these creatures can be adjusted to give stronger players another training option, and something to strive for. I used to love working towards getting another att/def level, or one more oa level to feel the difference in training, or better yet jump to the next challenging monster. This hasn't happened in well over a year, and currently, there is no resolution in sight.

Although i wasn't training for a few month yes i am close to oa 160. I am talking about oa limits cause 48 coords is extremely low to be set as a cap.

I agree with every single word you wrote.

But wouldn't it be better to be patient for a few months and stay at the same oa and do other things like pking?

After 1 year or even more with a new monster ingame all top players can start training again to reach the new oa limits. And so on.

Well, forget about it.

I was willing to do it if the votes were something like 70/30 for it. BTW, since harvesters are complaining about their already huge EMU, I decided not to implement the mule pet.

GG Ent ^^

this happened so many times now, a good idea gets discarded while there is something good planned to come with the change.. donkey's don't hit the same stone twice, EL ppl hit it multiple times ;o

seriously, title say's don't vote like a newb, still ppl just blindly vote without going through pro's & cons >.>

@agis

why are you talking about OA caps?

because he voted like a newb, and now he suggests something off-topic :)

But wouldn't it be better to be patient for a few months and stay at the same oa and do other things like pking?

After 1 year or even more with a new monster ingame all top players can start training again to reach the new oa limits. And so on.

lol, no. There's nobody to pk most of the time. Oftentimes, when I do show up, anyone there leaves anyhow. If I had to stop training for 3 months, I'd be done for good. Maybe with an attribute cap, people would stay and fight. From the many posts on this topic, it seems that a majority of players agree something needs to change. The disagreement is on exactly how to accomplish those changes. I don't think driving out the older players is a popular, or even desirable resolution.

Ohh, on page 1 I guessed If this didn't go well you would say:

"Well since you voted against my idea there's something else which I didn't mention that you're also not going to get!"

Pro.

Voted yes - We managed at w/e the cap was before (16? :) can't remember)

Mule pets were mentioned on my blog, which is public, and the url was published a few times.

And I missed your post on page 1, can you kindly provide an url?

Why would I read your blog? zzzzzzzz lolx

and I didn't say I posted, maybe saying "since" would have been better - obvious enough it was coming, you've done it so many times now, must be what only pr0 game designers do.

Well, forget about it.

I was willing to do it if the votes were something like 70/30 for it. BTW, since harvesters are complaining about their already huge EMU, I decided not to implement the mule pet.

You gotta be kidding me! Bleh I'm a harvester and I voted a resounding YES! :(

I'll never be done... I'll continue trying to convince Ent to do this forever lol :P

Ditto! :icon13:

@ Hardcore As a big noob i am i consider 48 coords extremely low for yetis,giants, artic chims.dragons..

Maybe u are pr0 and u ll kill the black dragon with p/c 48/48.

As a big noob also i said that this would be bad for the pk server.

This is general chat and i proposed something else.

Well, forget about it.

You gotta be kidding me! Bleh I'm a harvester and I voted a resounding YES! :icon13:

Well, there is no way people can have 2KEMU and still have a mule pet.

Why would I read your blog? zzzzzzzz lolx

and I didn't say I posted, maybe saying "since" would have been better - obvious enough it was coming, you've done it so many times now, must be what only pr0 game designers do.

Care-Whoop_de_fucking_doo.gif

Not my fault you don't want to be informed.

Wow, thats a hot topic .

After reading allmost all posts( except Tirun's who likes to write books, so i just read few 1st sentences and few last from his posts :( ) i vote YES for the attributes cap.

From the training perspective all attributes capped at 48 is just fine, i think i wont have any troubles with killing yetis, i did killed them having p40c24, vit 20, will 8, all other attributes on 4, and less a/d than now, and it wasnt hard at all :icon13:

From the pking perspective high mana could give some problems for fast kills, but it also means ppl will not be afraid to enter pk maps, fights will be longer, more items broken and more pots/ess/rings etc used up on pk.

It will also decrease the crazy strengh of mana/cooldowning weapons/armors, which is great for me personaly :)

But it makes many harvesters/mixers not happy, so here is the idea that should help:

Limit the damage that cross-attribute "Might" gives.

After for example might 60( just an example) adding more p/c(might) wont make u hit stronger.

Might 60 is still a lot , p60c60 or for pure pker more like p32c88 :P

mp

Well all I can say is that I would have voted yes for this but seems like less than 12 hours after the post was made it has been decided.

Entropy, you tell us not to vote like n00bs then when people say they are taking time to think things through and make a considered vote it's not done quick enough :icon13:

The first post on this was made at 11.30pm (ish) my time, I am only now reading it because I have had to sleep (shocking as the server wasn't down I know) and already you are saying the vote is closed!

I think that the vote time should be stated at the start of the topic so that I would have known not to waste my time trawling through 10 pages of posts and taking time to form an opinion.

Well, forget about it.

You gotta be kidding me! Bleh I'm a harvester and I voted a resounding YES! :icon13:

Well, there is no way people can have 2KEMU and still have a mule pet.

Actually my comment was about the "Well forget about it" and not getting the attribute cap part, not the mule pet part.

It may just be a result of this thread being relatively new, but I really don't see many top fighters (the ones standing to have the most pickpoints displaced by the proposed caps) complaining about the proposed cap -- only fighters who don't seem to realize that there are more than 3 attributes, and harvesters who perhaps stand to lose some physique.

If everyone is on an even playing field, we can perhaps trust Entropy to make any needed adjustments, be they locations of harvestables to offset lower emu, weight of items, such as feasting potions (for the same reason), or adjust monsters to make it possible to train on various monsters. This may require reconfiguration from fluffy and up. That is not really up to us to decide, however. Drastic changes have been made to a player's ability to fight monsters (steel & titanium plate armor, CoL's, etc.), and many were never adjusted. If more monsters were trainable with other monsters (namely dragons) as team monsters, players would still have something to strive for.

Instead of spending 30 a/d levels on fluffies before skipping to yeti, maybe imposing attribute caps could allow Entropy to make the monsters in between more desirable to train. Imposing a reasonable attribute cap would allow for positive changes to be made, if deemed necessary. Given that people (myself included) constantly bitch and moan about one thing or another, maybe this is a needed change. Besides, Piter is for it -- that's reason enough :icon13:

Well all I can say is that I would have voted yes for this but seems like less than 12 hours after the post was made it has been decided.

Entropy, you tell us not to vote like n00bs then when people say they are taking time to think things through and make a considered vote it's not done quick enough :icon13:

The first post on this was made at 11.30pm (ish) my time, I am only now reading it because I have had to sleep (shocking as the server wasn't down I know) and already you are saying the vote is closed!

I think that the vote time should be stated at the start of the topic so that I would have known not to waste my time trawling through 10 pages of posts and taking time to form an opinion.

The vote is not closed, but many people voted already, and based on my past experience with the polls on our forum, there will be no significant change even if 1K people vote (it will stay around 40/60).

Well, forget about it.

I don't know how often this happened since I started this game: a poll about changing game mechanics started and already called off after less than 24 hours, and I again didn't have the chance to influence the outcome. I don't read this forum three times a day, if you want casual players to have a chance of voting, please increase poll duration.

And I'd also like to give two other suggestions:

- abstain from the discussion unless posting for clarification purposes, this might help you keep your nerves

- give a poll time limit (couple of days to a week) and decide _afterwards_ if the results are worth the work

Of course it's your decision how you want to carry out those polls, but I don't think you are any less frustrated about it than I am, so maybe thinking about improving would be worth a minute.

@ Hardcore As a big noob i am i consider 48 coords extremely low for yetis,giants, artic chims.dragons..

Maybe u are pr0 and u ll kill the black dragon with p/c 48/48.

As a big noob also i said that this would be bad for the pk server.

This is general chat and i proposed something else.

Do you think that Ent. didnt think of that?

If they were going to limit our attribute usage, I'm sure they would have adjusted the creature's attributes aswell.

I don't know how often this happened since I started this game: a poll about changing game mechanics started and already called off after less than 24 hours, and I again didn't have the chance to influence the outcome. I don't read this forum three times a day, if you want casual players to have a chance of voting, please increase poll duration.

And I'd also like to give two other suggestions:

- abstain from the discussion unless posting for clarification purposes, this might help you keep your nerves

- give a poll time limit (couple of days to a week) and decide _afterwards_ if the results are worth the work

Of course it's your decision how you want to carry out those polls, but I don't think you are any less frustrated about it than I am, so maybe thinking about improving would be worth a minute.

Read my previous post.

I think it's not only attribute that need changes, neg perks should be removed too.

Most of them is just free pp and the reason some people have so high attributes.

I think very few , who can use tele room do #beam me to IP - free pp

And PH - people train negged, so no problem.

Anti - people cheat or create an alt to trade for friends.

If attributes were changed and people got pp back, could some neg perks be removed.

You'd be surprised on how many were banned for that. So while some people cheat, it's not worth it.

You'd be surprised on how many were banned for that. So while some people cheat, it's not worth it.

Yes, and it is wasting mods time.

With astro might even HoS be worth to take - free pp :icon13:

make the cap 80-100 and i would agree.

48?? :icon13::P:(

for many reasons...EMU, no way to kill dragons, every player will have huge mana, so almost impossible to kill them because they will have plenty of time to run, because with 48 phys/coord it will take a while to take down 300hp+.

on the other hand attributes cap could be interesting but definetly not with the number 48.

make the cap 80-100 and i would agree.

48?? :icon13::P:(

for many reasons...EMU, no way to kill dragons, every player will have huge mana, so almost impossible to kill them because they will have plenty of time to run, because with 48 phys/coord it will take a while to take down 300hp+.

on the other hand attributes cap could be interesting but definetly not with the number 48.

Yes, its absolutely terrible that you cant hit people for ~60-80 damage anymore, and also that they will have enough mana to restore a few times after your Jagged saber of cooling has hit them, right? :)