Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

NEW CEL Site Launch

The CEL site everyone is used to has been revamped. http://www.el-cel.com

At first glance you will notice a new overall look and menu layout.

Beyond that just about every page has been redone, many with new features or additional information added. Just check out the Site Services >> Calculator upgrades!!

And with the new site's design, there will be many new pages rolling out in the future.

Some of you may experience problems with the graphics loading properly. If so, try refreshing your browser as old graphics may still be residing in your cache.

While the CEL site does work with the game moderators and developer's wishes, the site is not officially connected with Eternal Lands. Thus, if you find any bugs, errors or in general want to make any suggestions, please send them to info@el-cel.com.

Special thanks goes out to:

Leahatwood, Apparition and Phenic who helped with the graphics

And to MilesP who helped with all the server issues I've had with the site.

Edited by Ghrae

Lovin it, especially lvl goal section. No more subtracting XP and entering into old calculator \o/

Keep up the good work :D

el-cel is my most favorate Eternal Lands website ever. I always use the calculations page and I like how easy it is too prepare with them. :D

Very nice looking site refresh :happy:

Unfortunately, some information like monster stats is a bit outdated or inaccurate, I will collect all the mistakes and let you now when I find some time for this

I use the CEL website frequently. Unfortunately, this copy of Mozilla 1.7.13 won't actually display the menu on the new website.

The CEL site is da bomb!

As sad as this sounds, if you could upload the game files onto your site, the el-cel url would have to be changed to eternal-lands.com.

Nice work. But compared to the older version, too much clicks to get to search.

And could there be a search bar function be created, like typing in a phrase? An example of this would be google.

I use the CEL website frequently. Unfortunately, this copy of Mozilla 1.7.13 won't actually display the menu on the new website.

I also use mozilla and no menu for me now too :)

<edit> i checked it with microsoft internet explorer and everything works fine, menu doesnt work only if i open the site using mozilla.

mp

Edited by masterpiter

I use Swiftweasel and have no problems opening the site. Have you tried a newer version of Firefox?

it works fine with Firefox 2.0.0.11. :icon13:

i don't always like the contrast between foreground and background, but that is a question of taste.

overall great site!! :D:D

I thought most computers didn't come with FF;

Windows IE. Mac Safari. Et cetera.

Can't you just switch back? Or use another open-source browser?

For some odd reason I never got, people like FireFox better. Not that anythings wrong with it... but I found I.E. more affective.

As for the topic. I LOVE the new calculater. How you can add god % and go for levels. I also like how summoning stones are in there now :icon13:

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

Could you have javascript completely disabled?

Nope Javascript is enabled and allowed to do anything but hide the status bar.

I've tried to use a couple of newer browsers but they require newer libraries than I have installed. I gotta upgrade to a newer distro real soon now.

For those who can't see the menus, I believe for *most* of you it is because JavaScript is disabled. A shame since there are some cool things in the site that depend on JavaScript.

Regardless, above the PayPal Donation link there should now be a link called "Site Map". Click on this and you'll get everything you would normally in the menus on a page.