Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blodoks

Minimap

I don't know if is possible, but I would like to see in the minimap:

the max limit of perception (represented by the white circle)

the actual perception of the player (his perception with/without night visor, the green circle)

minimaptr8.png

actually i think (when you turn the fog of war on) the light circle around you IS the max perception, i never

saw anything popping from before that circle, on the other side having a something showing you your

actual perception would be really nice indeed. so i can be aware of how far something is actually away on

my mini map.

actually i think (when you turn the fog of war on) the light circle around you IS the max perception, i never

saw anything popping from before that circle, on the other side having a something showing you your

actual perception would be really nice indeed. so i can be aware of how far something is actually away on

my mini map.

You can't calcluate actual perception at night because the items worn & lighting affect your range on a per actor basis.

The fog of war ring size is roughly correct for daytime, based on the testing of the original coder (frak, I think). That was long before perception. It still seemed correct when I worked on it, so it wasn't changed. I don't think that anything can actually increase the range you see others at (even being brightly lit at night shouldn't make you more visible than daytime), so what you have is the maximum.