Eternal Lands Official Forums
HeLLRaiZeR

Market Channel

Well, it looks like I'm up for some terrible vocal bashing today.

I'm sick and tired of not being able to use the channel three anymore. When I started playing it was actually possible to sell your items to other PLAYERS through this channel. When I got some skills and actually could start selling my FE's there was a few bots ingame already.. Maybe three or four. That was okay, they didn't interfere too much. Now at least 60% of all the messages comes from tradebots.

Lets say there is 80 tradebots ingame. They're allowed making one post every fifteenth minute. That's 320 bot message in this channel every hour, one every 11th second! Sure, it is possible to use the #ignore and do it on all the bots there is, but is this really how it's supposed to be? Automated scripts dominating the whole market?

They are allowed once every 15 minutes, many are every 30min-1hr, players can place ads every 5 minutes and out number the bots.

They are allowed once every 15 minutes, many are every 30min-1hr, players can place ads every 5 minutes and out number the bots.

Which doesn't really help since most players either can't sit 24/7 selling items or got the patience too. I just did a channel information on CH3, there is 133 players on it. I wonder how many of them that is scripts and how many is bots. There is one bot for every six player but I doubt that this is how it looks in there. To actually outnumber bots there would have to be..

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

Which doesn't really help since most players either can't sit 24/7 selling items or got the patience too.

If your too impatient, you can always sell to a bot, Trader at least pays 3.32gc each for FE's! But, a bot being on 24x7 isn't a factor in your impatience!

Now at least 60% of all the messages comes from tradebots.
#ignore is your friend. Turn off all the bots you don't care about (or ALL the bots). As if by magic, the market channel is once again populated mostly by real players. #unignore when you want to query individual (favorite) bots.

Off course you can ignore them all, but I do believe that before the bot invasion there was alot more activity in the market channel from players than now.

I'm not sure the bots actually join the channel. They broadcast with @@3 so the number of players listed on the channel should be actual players, not bots.

To post in channel, they have to be in channel, correct?

Some bots are in channel constantly, others join & leave as needed

Vakana, for example, will issue a join followed by the advert (which is on a one hour delay for market and half hour for gen chat, by the way) followed by leave, to cut down on messages (not that I need to care about network usage on my end). Plus you need to consider that many bots aren't public traders (and some that are don't advertise)

You can still use channel 33 to buy/sell, EternalBroker or the Rraisa bot.

Piper

/me cant help but wonder why his post about channel 33 was deleted, and The_Piper's not :(