Eternal Lands Official Forums
Vanyel

Mortos Race

175.25 :hug:

I'm the weakest geek of the lot. Count me in, I'll try for fun.

I share your pain - signing up as a tiny little nerd at CL 250.5 :P,if I can make it

Question to you.

I'm considering making this event old style, similar to the Thelinor one. That would mean, no special swords/armours, no CoLs/CoMs/etc.

I may agree on regular new swords, but not steel+ armour sets.

What's your opinion?

Count me in for the lowest category. :confused:

ign: raytray

edit: erg, nevermind. I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Edited by Raytray

Question to you.

I'm considering making this event old style, similar to the Thelinor one. That would mean, no special swords/armours, no CoLs/CoMs/etc.

What's your opinion?

Weapon - max should be new sword

Armor -max Iron Set

Medalion - any1 u need

Summon - not allowed from stones

Cloaks - all allowed

Thats my opinion

It all depends from mobs ur willing to throw against us, no1 ingame is able to kill giant w/o wearing col, unless crazy luck with mirror-hits :)

U would have to restore after 1 hit of a giant :>

So as long as there wont be any giants/dragons im fine with no col, and also if no yeti/arctic chims/cocktarices u can take away even steel/tit armors ;P

If u take away col and normal steel/tit/dragon sets its obvious that even top players will have big trouble against single yeti.

Feel free to check how "easy" yetis r for top players, even when they use steel/tit sets+col+ cutlass :P

mp

This sounds like a very good chance to use those ELEs sitting in my sto :)

i-wanna-be-a-pr0 , sign me up please! :P

EDIT: please inserted, i'm learing manners :icon13:

Edited by nyiti

Guys, it's a race;) It's not about killing ALL creatures you may encounter. I assure you that finding a balance between killing monsters and going through a track quickly will be the key to win.

I'm taking into account the fact it is only you vs. race. Thus, I do not plan invading creature that are hardly or impossible to kill for one player.

Moreover, I'm wondering if not to give something like 'power up' you that are in some arcade racing games. In this case it might be a white rabbit (just an example) somewhere on the track - killing it would boost your earnt points, by 10% (again, just an example). The trick would be to decide whether looking for the bunny is worth your time;>

175.25 :wacko:

I'm the weakest geek of the lot. Count me in, I'll try for fun.

I share your pain - signing up as a tiny little nerd at CL 250.5 :(,if I can make it
Poor Mo and Cyp, i thought my CL of 261 was bad... ;)

My entire attribute build is based around CoL usage.

If CoL is going to be allowed, sign me up please B)

Edit:

Question to you.

What's your opinion?

Your welcome to use the allowed items list from my Naralik tournaments if you like Kheres. IMO it still leaves a lot of room for strategy with item selection and wont give the rich peoples an advantage due to very rare equipment:
3. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any glowing sword.

Medallion of Life

BRoD and BoD

Normal Branch and Bone

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia)

The Bronze Sword

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium or Dragon Plate armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

Edited by Korrode

Question to you.

What's your opinion?

Umm i like the idea with no special swords/armors/MoLs but i dont like the one with no CoL, IMO :wacko:

I'll take part

zarariel :)

i will stalk y00

well i will take part too, put me in the strongest division please

EDIT: forgot the "please" :confused:

Edited by Tempest

oh lol forgot my ingame name, shadow_of_death like my signy says :confused: so im not shadow12 :)

oh lol forgot my ingame name, shadow_of_death like my signy says :confused: so im not shadow12 :)

I don't really have time to check out every single siggy/avvie/anything else. If you post your name here I take it for granted you either post your in-game name or it is the same as your forums nick.

Question to you.

What's your opinion?

I liked the Thelinor event very much, mostly because it was about skill vs skill and not gc vs gc. The limit at iron set+steel shield+tit serp+col/com worked out well for me and the team I was with, and nobody had to worry about gathering huge gc for equipment before the event (save the rostos).

col makes much difference for newbies and wanna-be-pr0s, as we're only around 90-100hp, with not very high mag levels -- it doesn't really allow us to kill much higher stuff, only saves our lives from a few restore fails while the diss ring cooldown is ticking :P And I think this is essentially true for the stronger categories, too

my guess is that with col there would be more engaging in fights, without it, there would be more running/escaping/hiding :P

Moreover, I'm wondering if not to give something like 'power up' you that are in some arcade racing games. In this case it might be a white rabbit (just an example) somewhere on the track - killing it would boost your earnt points, by 10% (again, just an example). The trick would be to decide whether looking for the bunny is worth your time;>

woot, powerups! :) could it also drop things like potions and essences? or the narrator could give it to the player

I think that CoL's should be allowed..don't really care outside of that...Or make a maximum item value based on market prices (i.e...80k max?)

Edited by Shujral