Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
_lucifer_

can i pplay in the next server update?

Well i have a pc with CPU 800Mhz,Ram 256Mhz,graphics card nVidia FX5200

Do you think that if i have all the special details and the eye candy disabled i can play?Now i have all of them disabled and the biggest FPS i have are ~80,but usually i have about 30-50. :(

Thank youy very much :fire:

Do you think that if i have all the special details and the eye candy disabled i can play?Now i have all of them disabled and the biggest FPS i have are ~80,but usually i have about 30-50. :brooding:
Yes.

The major graphics updates that will cause problems for this generation of video cards isn't going to occur until the update after this one.

My Windows machine is a Dual-550Mhz with an FX5200 and it is slow, but it works with everything enabled. I do have an advantage of 512Mb ram over your 256 however.

256mb is the minimum for XP which takes most of that 256, so adding a game which takes that much means that your HDD will be working furiously (swap), but you would see that now.

well his graphic card isnt rly that bad so i think with just 512-768mb El should work fine for some good time, until there will be some major graphic updates in the future. but i think only ent could tell you/us that :brooding:

well his graphic card isnt rly that bad so i think with just 512-768mb El should work fine for some good time, until there will be some major graphic updates in the future. but i think only ent could tell you/us that :brooding:

There was going to be shaders added to this release for rendering the water, and any card that doesn't support shaders (Intel) would be out of of the game (pun intended), however this code isn't finished so won't be released until the next update.

You really should get more memory, 256M isn't enough for XP if you do anything at all, EL likes to have 100M+ , that means your disk srive will be really busy, lowring your FPS.

Well this thread is still open, i'd like to ask a similar question...The only part of my machine I'm worried about is my graphics card...Nvidia GeForce2 GTS..I know its ancient, will it work?

so from what im hearing here, it means that when you put the shaders in for better water effect, anyone running with an intel based GFX card wont be playing EL anymore ?

Im not sure but couldnt that affect quite alot of people ? I mean intel is quite a well used thing isnt it?

Anyway that aside, does this mean those of us who have sinned and baught an intel based machine will have to buy something without intel to run EL ?

If so, can anyone give me a hint as to a decent PC to be looking to buy?

I mean i really dont know much about PC's and therefore wouldnt have a clue as to what to look for.

All i would know what to say is '' Dont sell me an Intel ''

What else should i be asking for ?

p.s i know this isnt the PC buying helpdesk but some of you guys know what your on about and if you could share your knowledge with those of us who arent so computer savvy it would be greatly apreciated forever and ever amen.

Well this thread is still open, i'd like to ask a similar question...The only part of my machine I'm worried about is my graphics card...Nvidia GeForce2 GTS..I know its ancient, will it work?
Nope. Everything before Geforce 5's will likely be out because they don't support any level of shaders afaik.

so from what im hearing here, it means that when you put the shaders in for better water effect, anyone running with an intel based GFX card wont be playing EL anymore ?
Not necessarily all Intel based GFX cards, but more of the onboard ones, especially those used in laptops. Basically Intel graphics cards are not designed for playing games. They are designed for use in business machines which need good quality fast cards, but without the extra effects such as shaders.

Anyway that aside, does this mean those of us who have sinned and baught an intel based machine will have to buy something without intel to run EL ?
It depends on the graphics card that you bought. You would need to check device manager or display properties for the graphics card (also called graphics adaptor) and then check the manufacturers website for details of that card.

For shader support you need a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0C completely. All ATI Radeon cards above the 9500 and all Nvidia Geforce cards above the 5500 support DirectX 9.0C, but the Radeon 9200 and Geforce 5200 only support 9.0B which does not include shader support if I remember correctly. For exact details, check the manufacturers website!

The default Microsoft drivers that are installed on your system do not support 3D acceleration most of the time and certainly don't do it anywhere near as well as the correct drivers from the manufacturer so be sure to install the most recent drivers.

There's already shaders used for the water in the development version. That's optional. But shaders are also part of the plans for 3D terrain, which isn't so easy to be optional (it will require a fair few changes to use the higher quality terrain, not just an addon with some alternate code). That's the shader use that was put off until the update after, not reflections.

Edited by ttlanhil

But shaders are also part of the plans for 3D terrain, which isn't so easy to be optional (it will require a fair few changes to use the higher quality terrain, not just an addon with some alternate code). That's the shader use that was put off until the update after, not reflections.

Ahhhhh, yeah ok. Thanks for the clarification, that makes a heap more sense.

(I must have missed the discussion about this while I was overseas last season).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this