Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falonor

Chanels

being able to

1. name chanels

2. set dif colors for every chanel

3. custom short cuts for every chanel when they are active

short cuts remaining in each and everyone personal settings for all the chanels that person chose a short cut

4. being able to cross chat chanels Like U do with Guilds By using IG :D

that is all for now :hug: that is quite hard...I know. Programing is not a walk in the park...givving some ideas out. all can contribute and hope to get EternalLands rated as the 1st R-P-G game in the World :D

1) You can name any channel, or change their names. Just edit channels.xml . That works with the shortcuts like "#jc group" "@@group message" as well.

2) There aren't many colours available, and many have other common uses in chat already.

3) I guess using short-names for the channels could allow more use of "shortcuts", but I don't see it saving much time, compared to typing in the number.

4) Eh? You mean like being on more than one channel at once? Or being able to have a shared channel with a bunch of other people?

I suppose he meant being able to speak in other channels not entering them. Not really sure what's the sense of this suggestion. I honestly fail to see it. Must be I'm just really stupid lil' person:(

Thank you all very much for your answers

4) Eh? You mean like being on more than one channel at once? Or being able to have a shared channel with a bunch of other people?

Indeed , being able to message other chanels by using a special comand, very much like the #IG works between guilds , .....

Not really sure what's the sense of this suggestion.

that way you can still talk to a lot of people at the same time not having to leave any of your active favourite chanels

Thank you all very much for your answers

Indeed , being able to message other chanels by using a special comand, very much like the #IG works between guilds , .....

Not really sure what's the sense of this suggestion.

that way you can still talk to a lot of people at the same time not having to leave any of your active favourite chanels

The reason you have to be in the channel to talk to it is because of spammers. But you can be in three different channels at one time. That at least slows them down.

Read the in-game help.

As Learner said you can be in 3 channels at once and #gm and view/talk in each of them.

The reason you have to be in the channel to talk to it is because of spammers. But you can be in three different channels at one time. That at least slows them down.

A feature to talk across several channels at once would be a big attraction therefore to somebody who may be inclined towards spammage :P

i guess this is a closed topic then.

everyone familiar with the chat sistem knows

that you have a maximum of three chanels availavle to use for

chanel talk...

:)

Read the in-game help.

As Learner said you can be in 3 channels at once and #gm and view/talk in each of them.

so i really do not see the point in reading the help , when the game

is here to develop and is subject to change

Edited by falonor

While I don't necessarily think 3 channels is enough, at least not for the busier people, I don't see a valid reason to be able to send message from outside the channel.

What'd the message be, anyway, "Yadda yadda, PM me to discuss"? Better if you're in-channel to hear responses.

As for the help... If you're not going to read it, you should not be making suggestions.

If it's out of date, post about a correction.

If you disagree, search forums and maybe comment.

But apart from the newbie-related suggestions (like how to make it easier to find help, get started, etc, simplifying things the oldbies already know and take for granted), you must read and search before posting.