Eternal Lands Official Forums
Debianita

Crazy recipes and useless pots

I don't know if this post should be under "suggestion" forum but... I'm sad about the potion skill. I was really happy to become a good potter but day by day I feel it's useless very very limited. There are some problems I find:

• Too many "only-dropable" books (true sight, poison antidote, etc... invisibility? accuracy? evasion?)
  • The best hp recovering pot we can make recovers only 50hp!! I find when you reach certain level and begin to use items like CoL these pots are useless
  • Because of the before point the only resource for hp recovering seems to be magic. That's an strong point in my opinion. Maybe i'm wrong but I find potions should be an alternative to magic, and seems heal potions are only a temporary response to that need of healing (supposing there's any time they're a reponse for the "healing needings")
  • Our best "hp recovering" pot has an _ONLY DROPABLE STONE_ in its recipe!!! I find crazy our best hp rec. pot recovers only 50hp but I think about its recipe and I can't avoid the laugh. So, I don't have enough with the "low" hp it recovers, I have I can only make it if I drop a binding stone harvesting in a mine!?!?

I've been searching for responses and other opinions to these problems and found nobody thinks different about them so I write them here to find what is the "reality".

In my opinion: a recipes revision should be done, the difficult to get a poison antidote book is a problem (maybe only for me :-S ), and the potters need better hp recovering potions (and _maybe_ better mana recovering pots too), but it doesn't mean we need new potions with so much hard recipes we find too difficult to done them that we finally don't make them.

Maybe I'm wrong in some of these points, maybe in all of them, or maybe I've told some trues here but I write only to know what's the reality of all of that. This is not an attack against the developers or whatever, it's only my opinion and the thing I've found talking to other players. I only find appart of the "profession pots" the potters should have good mana and life recovering pots.

I only hope I'll get understood by everybody. Thanks a lot for the patience and the interest on reading my ideas.

========================================================================

Here comes the spanish translation, why not??

Title: recetas de locura y pociones inutiles. Necesitamos pociones mas potentes.

No se si esto deberia ir en el foro de sugerencias pero... estoy triste sobre la habilidad de potion. Estaba realmente contento de llegar a ser un buen potter pero dia a dia siento que esta muy muy limitada. Hay algunos problemas que encuentro:

• Demasiados libros "solo-dropeables" (true sight, antidotos, etc... invisibility? accuracy? evasion?)
  • La mejor pocion de recuperacion de HP que tenemos recupera solo 50hp!! Pienso que cuando lelgas a cierto nivel y empiezas a utilizar objetos como la CoL (corona de vida) esas pociones son inutiles
  • Por el punto anterior la unica fuente de recuperacion de hp parece ser la magia. esto es un punto fuerte en mi opinion. tal vez este equivocado pero creo que las pociones deberian de ser una alternativa a la magia, y parece que las pociones de curacion son solo una respuesta temporal a esa necesidad de curacion (suponiendo que en algun momento sean una respuesta a esa necesidad)
  • Nuestra mejor pocion de recuperacion de vida tiene una _PIEDRA SOLO DROPEABLE_ en su receta!!! Encuentro una locura que nuestra mejor pocion curativa recupere solo 50hp pero pienso en su receta y no puedo evitar la risa. Asi, no tengo suficiente con el "poco" hp que recupera, ademas solo la puedo hacer si dropeo una binding stone recolectando en la mina ?!?!

He estado buscando respuestas y otras opiniones a estos problemas y no he encontrado a nadie que piense diferente sobre ellos asi que los escribo aqui para encontrar cual es la "realidad".

En mi opinion: deberia hacerse una revision de las recetas, la dificultad para conseguir un libro de poison antidote es un problema (tal vez solo para mi :-S ), y los potters necesitamos mejores pociones de recuperacion (y _tal_vez_ mejores pociones de recuperacion de mana tambien), pero eso no quiere decir que necesitemos nuevas pociones con recetas tan duras que encontremos tan dificiles que terminemos por no hacerlas.

Tal vez este equivocado en algunos de estos puntos, o en todos ellos, o tal vez haya dicho algunas verdades aqui pero escribo solo para saber cual es la realidad de todo esto. Esto no es un ataque contra los desarrolladores o lo que sea, es solo mi opinion y el pensamiento que he encontrado hablando con otros jugadores. Solo pienso que aparte de las "pociones de profesiones" los potters deberian tener buenas pociones de recuperacion de vida y de mana.

Solo espero haberme dado a entender a todo el mundo. Muchas gracias por la paciencia y por el interes al leer mis ideas.

Edited by Debianita

I also hope Great Healing pots recover 100 or even 150 health someday, so they r worth something and i can sell those 300 of them that were dropped by desert chims to me :D

lol well you make a good point... the potions that restore health should be more effective... the only times i used those were when my magic lvl wasnt 49 yet( used a BR pot when my health got very low and my restore spell kept failing), and when i was a total n00b training on wolves/gobs(when i played EL for the first time, a few years ago... havnt used them to train since i came back)

Also, the cooldown should be made lower on BR pots (provided their their healing power stays 20health) , and they should be made stackable, for them to be atleast worthy of consideration.

Well i am fairly decent in potion. I find recipies fine the way they are. You dont need a EHP when there is a EMP. EMP is enough for 2 restored or if you cant restore 10 heals. Even if EHP healed people more why would the higher levels use it? For as many times as they get hit and how hard they get hit it is not really worth it. Potions are fine the way they are and if you have a problem with that potion just don't make it. :D

Edited by Rider_of_Rohan

Well i am fairly decent in potion. I find recipies fine the way they are. You dont need a EHP when there is a EMP. EMP is enough for 2 restored or if you cant restore 10 heals. Even if EHP healed people more why would the higher levels use it? For as many times as they get hit and how hard they get hit it is not really worth it. Potions are fine the way they are and if you have a problem with that potion just don't make it. :D

well if u want example's where higher lvl's could use it: Say some1 is using SoM (Staff of the Mage) against you, atleast you will have a secondary way to increase your health, since you need 25 mana to Restore and only get 20 from sr (for the record: which i have no probs with)... I know you can use EMP or summon a tiger/bear and MD it, but thats sorta expensive for 1 restore (and you need 20 mana to MD, so your timing has to be near perfect if you want to drain it b4 your foe, or before it dies, or before your mana gets burned/drained). I've found myself in this situation a few times... where i am stronger than someone but cannot kill them, and have to diss because of no mana or way to heal myself (aside from MoL :P).

If it had higher healing amounts it would also serve as a secondary way to heal during training if you dont have restore or a very low magic lvl.

It doesn't really matter i suppose, and i doubt i will use them much, but it will atleast be used more, and not be just another item in game thats not made/used.

:) sorry if i'm spamming you potioner's thread (if u check my rankings you will see i suck at potioning ^^) i'm just bored and found this an intresting topic :)

Well i am fairly decent in potion. I find recipies fine the way they are. You dont need a EHP when there is a EMP. EMP is enough for 2 restored or if you cant restore 10 heals. Even if EHP healed people more why would the higher levels use it? For as many times as they get hit and how hard they get hit it is not really worth it. Potions are fine the way they are and if you have a problem with that potion just don't make it. :o

So, if I told I _think_ pots (healing pots) should be an alternative to magic and you speak about the mana recovering pots to use on the "magic way" maybe you and me are both speaking around the same thing :-p : that's the reason of this post: the game is oriented to use magic for healing and pots to recover only mana, not just healing. :-p anyway thanks for the opinion ;-)

@ ST_Arcane: Sorry forgot about SoM and cutty of the Mage ;) But since i was speaking of higher levels in pk dont they usually have MI on making it alot harder to get those random events thrown on them ;)

@ Debianita: No matter who you are you will always have to come to magic :P You will need it once you to higher lvl monsters because BRs or even EHP wont be enough. You will need it in PK if you are a fighter to cast shield/MI/harm/LD/MD so there is no way to get around it and be that good. You can survive off of them for a little but eventually you will need magic. :P

Edited by Rider_of_Rohan

@ ST_Arcane: Sorry forgot about SoM and cutty of the Mage :hehe: But since i was speaking of higher levels in pk dont they usually have MI on making it alot harder to get those random events thrown on them :devlish:

Magic immune doesnt protect u against effects of special armors/weapons, i fought many times vs similar strong or weaker opponents and lost VERY fast only coz their items( not spells/summon stones but their very expensive items) drained/burned/cooldowned me in few seconds :icon13:

mp

Guest ohmygod

@ ST_Arcane: Sorry forgot about SoM and cutty of the Mage :P But since i was speaking of higher levels in pk dont they usually have MI on making it alot harder to get those random events thrown on them :D

Magic immune doesnt protect u against effects of special armors/weapons, i fought many times vs similar strong or weaker opponents and lost VERY fast only coz their items( not spells/summon stones but their very expensive items) drained/burned/cooldowned me in few seconds ;)

mp

Use bronze armour and cast magic protection i hear this will stop expensive weapons from working.

But yea the GHPs should give more health back 100 or so imo.

I simply pr0 flee+ tele room spell or diss+tele ring, if i wanted to spend tons of gc on armors/weapons i would buy myself some enchanted items instead of sucky bronze armor :P

Well being in the top 200 of potioners. I think this is one subject, that I can talk about with authority.

At the moment, there are only two ways to make the extra healing potion.

Use a binding stone worth 6k gc or luck. Which makes the potion pretty pointless. To sell on market if you make one using binding stone. Buy a BR for 15gc to restore 20 material pts. Or 6k gc to restore 50 material pts. ???

iirc there was an alt method like emp's to make them. Which should be brought back.

I agree, esp with new mage class coming in with cap. That each profession should have it's own uniqueness.

One option of the alt method or making EHP. Might be that the potioner skill is in the sum.

So taking my 62 skill level as an example. I can't remember what the recommended level was, 36 i think. Which I will assume it is for now, just to provide an example.

(players pot lvl ((62) - 36) rec = x

EHP heal 50 + X = 76

Well being in the top 200 of potioners. I think this is one subject, that I can talk about with authority.

At the moment, there are only two ways to make the extra healing potion.

Use a binding stone worth 6k gc or luck. Which makes the potion pretty pointless. To sell on market if you make one using binding stone. Buy a BR for 15gc to restore 20 material pts. Or 6k gc to restore 50 material pts. ???

iirc there was an alt method like emp's to make them. Which should be brought back.

I agree, esp with new mage class coming in with cap. That each profession should have it's own uniqueness.

One option of the alt method or making EHP. Might be that the potioner skill is in the sum.

So taking my 62 skill level as an example. I can't remember what the recommended level was, 36 i think. Which I will assume it is for now, just to provide an example.

(players pot lvl ((62) - 36) rec = x

EHP heal 50 + X = 76

Chims drop them, I have several in storage, I know other have too, some people 100 or more, useless because they are not stackable,

It will be changed now, so I guess they will be easier to make too.

Something like EMPS.

It will be changed now, so I guess they will be easier to make too.

Something like EMPS.

If that happens, it might just be worth getting nexus 6 to be able to make both EMP's and GHP's :P

BTW, as a compromise, I will slightly reduce the cooldown for the healing potions and make them stackable.

It's only healing pots here, I think greater healing pots will be changed too.

Agreeing that the GHP should heal 100 hp :hug: with the cool down on pots, I don't see a reason why this would be bad. Make it weigh more too.

Anyone know the cool down on the GHP? I don't have one to test :hug:

Change it so pots restore a % of your overall max hp/mana. Will mean that there is added advantage to having large mana/health, and pots will be used more :D

Thats a very good suggesting ! Great Healing Pots and EMP are only used by players with high level. In most cases they have a big matter or mana bar. Let's say this pot restores 70% of your health or mana that would be very usefull. It sounds FAIR!

Its more rewarding for all level of fighters.

(Of course i know this will be no good for beginners, e.g.: 50health*0,7=35 health, BR should be fine for them too)

im not a potioner, though i would be if srs only needed 2 vegetal nexus instead of 4.

but 70% recovery seems a little over powered for a EMP, for people with only ok ethereal they would get 3 restores the pros would get 4 or 5 resotres worth of mana from each EMP, what is the cooldown on them? 20 seconds or more? if it is 20 seconds then you could easily restore every 5 seconds and that could be 200 points easily for a pro so thats gaining 40 points of life per second and with decent armour its pretty hard to lose hp at that rate to anything but a bronze sword. so rich people who can afford endless EMPs can win any fight against someone without them.

im not a potioner, though i would be if srs only needed 2 vegetal nexus instead of 4.

but 70% recovery seems a little over powered for a EMP, for people with only ok ethereal they would get 3 restores the pros would get 4 or 5 resotres worth of mana from each EMP, what is the cooldown on them? 20 seconds or more? if it is 20 seconds then you could easily restore every 5 seconds and that could be 200 points easily for a pro so thats gaining 40 points of life per second and with decent armour its pretty hard to lose hp at that rate to anything but a bronze sword. so rich people who can afford endless EMPs can win any fight against someone without them.

ummmm dragons / giants and some people can hit harder then this(with out a bronze sword) SrS and Feast pots are heavy on nexus, as they are the pots most people use to level potion..If you want to be a potter, spend the nexus

im talking about pk more specifically here, surely you can see it would give the rich players a massive advantage over someone who cant afford lots of EMPs? more so than already.

ummmm dragons / giants and some people can hit harder then this(with out a bronze sword) SrS and Feast pots are heavy on nexus, as they are the pots most people use to level potion..If you want to be a potter, spend the nexus

Imho veg 4 is a must for SRs otherwise most of the fighterswould take veg 2 to avoid speding gc for them

Also the ratio 1/1000 and the crazy recipe for the emps is correct otherwise SRs would have disappeared cause most players would prefer EMPs

As for GHP i use them mostly to give me some seconds to pot or in case that a mob or player hits me over 50-70 to dis and tele cause this player/mob wouldn t be at my league to fight :P

Xarondas

I still believe its fair that EMP or GHP give a %percentage% of points and not absolute. The Reason is :

These Potions are rare, not easy to make which makes them special.

Special Potions can have a special effect that sets them apart from the others (that give only absolute numbers of points).

EMP and GHP dont need have equal effect.

My suggestion:

how about 50% of all mana is restored ( not +50% of max)*

and 70% of health (material points is restored)

example:

mana bar = 200 points at max

it restores to 100 mana and not over that.

if you have >=100 mana the potion is no use

if you have <100 mana it will refill to 100

same for material points (but 70% of max) :)

---

edit: We can fight over the %

Edited by SolarStar

I'm not a potter, having said this my opinion as follows:

I agree that healing pots need to be stronger. No, it should not be all dependant on magic, pots should be used or why even have a potioning skill?

In the beginning i used many many minor healing and minor mana pots, slowly moving up to sr's and br's. When i was able to use the spell restore, i used it. Why? Because the healing pots dont heal you much, so why buy them ?

They are not just for the fighter, say you are harvesting somewhere and something / someone attacked you - not being a fighter you dont have much on you but you have a healing potion, you use it and flee (if u can) or use a diss/tele ring (if u have them) to get away. This is probably not a good example, but hydro mining comes to mind, rubies in a certain c2 pk map with a giant and feros and chims, and if this player is just a harvest/mixer and does not know whats on that map well, it could happen that way.

More people would "possibly" buy the stronger healing potions, given the option to buy them or wait till magic level is high enough to use restoration spell without fail.

But that's just the mice moving furniture in my head, in other words:

My 2 cents worth

Again, just an opinion

I'm not a potter, having said this my opinion as follows:

I agree that healing pots need to be stronger. No, it should not be all dependant on magic, pots should be used or why even have a potioning skill?

In the beginning i used many many minor healing and minor mana pots, slowly moving up to sr's and br's. When i was able to use the spell restore, i used it. Why? Because the healing pots dont heal you much, so why buy them ?

They are not just for the fighter, say you are harvesting somewhere and something / someone attacked you - not being a fighter you dont have much on you but you have a healing potion, you use it and flee (if u can) or use a diss/tele ring (if u have them) to get away. This is probably not a good example, but hydro mining comes to mind, rubies in a certain c2 pk map with a giant and feros and chims, and if this player is just a harvest/mixer and does not know whats on that map well, it could happen that way.

More people would "possibly" buy the stronger healing potions, given the option to buy them or wait till magic level is high enough to use restoration spell without fail.

But that's just the mice moving furniture in my head, in other words:

My 2 cents worth

Again, just an opinion

I must agree with you.

Although I play the PK Server only atm there isn't much use for healing pots, even with no cooldown. I tend to use BR's only on low magic level characters, otherwise I restore.

Not long ago we had a post about GHP having the formula changed, here is the link

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46269

I totally agree. I have potion skill of 70. Whilst the binding stone is required to make a greater potion. I don't think anyone will ever make one. Plus some of the tougher monsters drop GHP. Whilst they remain a 50hp healing. They are of limited use.

One way to fix this is too increase the amount they heal too 75 or even 100.

As EMP has an alt method, so should GHP. Find my idea for it below:

30 Red currents, 15 Body Restoration, 10 Magic Essences. (Just like EMP, but key ingredients that relate too this type of potion.)

Recommended potion lvl: 51 ( Higher due too the new increase of power of potion.)