Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
masterpiter

Auto-feature for Suggestions forum

Make auto-feature in suggestion forums:

If ur forum account is younger than 1 month u cant make new topics in suggestion forums.

I had an idea for that coz saw so many stupid suggestions from ppl who just made forum accounts. This feature would be great to prevent them from spamming :>

Is it technically possible?

mp

sure possible, yeh its quite good, but what for the people that already played months and just made a account?

Edited by scarr

They can use the 1st month on forums to read them instead of posting idiotic suggestions, they can also make topics in any other forum except suggestion, they can also make posts but not topic starters in suggestion forums :P

mp

I agree with masterpiter, you hear really stupid suggestions sometimes, or a suggestion for something thats already ingame! I would like to see this implemented. :icon8:

I don't think that this can be useful :icon8:

IMHO, if someone has something stupid to say, he will say it, even after a month :icon13:

And moderators can always block, close or cancel unopportune or stupid posts (and we can even inform a mod if we saw something that seems wrong).

cu

And moderators can always block, close or cancel unopportune or stupid posts (and we can even inform a mod if we saw something that seems wrong).
Why should it be up to the mods to have to clean up the forum? Surely something that *reduces* their workload would be good??

IMHO, if someone has something stupid to say, he will say it, even after a month :icon8:
Well, this does open up one more possible problem... which is without the shouting at n00bs posts by us, people won't realise they are being n00b when suggesting stuff.

That said, if they've been following the threads and things (and adding to conversations) then they would probably have an idea about how shot-down they are going to be.

And there are still those who just won't take the hint...

Not a very good idea IMO, it is beneficial to have people with a fresh and open mind who have just come to the game think about new ideas and post them. Sure, 90% of it might be silly, but the rest can be very good.

If you spend time with children IRL you will see that even though most of what they say about life or most topics is rather silly, they will occasionally come out with something very profound or a viewpoint which you yourself would never have considered.

Edited by Deified

It's a good idea, but I think it should only be for the Suggestions threads and stuff. Because really, I like it how it is otherwise. Well, maybe the idea's not too great... :icon13:

Not a very good idea IMO, it is beneficial to have people with a fresh and open mind who have just come to the game think about new ideas and post them. Sure, 90% of it might be silly, but the rest can be very good.

It's not so much about stopping people from giving their ideas as stopping people posting their initial thoughts...

omg!! I've just come from RS and I think EL should have <blah>.

It would be to make people think a little before being able to post. This wouldn't stop the profound or fresh ideas, but would more likely stop the impulse ones, which tend to be the bad ones.

Actually, after in the past 2 years (almost 3) I can say that there is at least as many ridiculous ideas coming from players 'older' than 1 month as from newcomers.

None of them is excused.

Because that is what forum mods do. It's pretty much the whole point of forum mods :omg::blink::pickaxe::unsure:
No.

Forum mods keep threads on topic and answer questions etc. They don't need their time wasted by having to constantly delete excess unnecessary/repeat/stupid threads and posts.

I am not sure if this can be implemented, but it's a bad idea.

Some people are playing for months, even years, and don't have a forum account. If they make one now, it doesn't mean that they are n00bs, yes?

I made my forum account after around 6 months of playing in eL, my defense was around lvl 100 back then and i would consider my knowledge about the game very very n00bish.

I didnt post right away, i read forums a lot, gathered knowledge about the game and forums too, and i learned more english :P

My first post( not a topic starter, just a simple post) was over 5 months after i made forum account1stpost :P.

If some1 makes new topic in suggestion forums same or next day he made forum account he doesnt know the game, and he also doesnt know forum rules, like for example #search before posting new suggestion.

Saw many ppl with new accounts doing that.

If forum admins dont like my idea its their choice, i simply wanted to help a little, nothing more, nothing less :icon13:

mp