Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Alternative PKing system

As I read above posts it seems that all people who fights anything are only PKers. Somehow strange.

I assume that people training only on monsters are manuers and crafter. I assume also they do not break their stuff at all, do not use rostogol stones, etc. Typical manuers and crafter. Right...

Edited by Kheres

As I read above posts it seems that all people who fights anything are only PKers. Somehow strange.

I assume that people training only on monsters are manuers and crafter. I assume also they do not break their stuff at all, do not use rostogol stones, etc. Typical manuers and crafter. Right...

Yup.

Today i learned that SOM, BROD,JS of cooling, cutlass of the mage and all special weapon and armors,evasion, accuracy pots,damage rings, rop's,rings of mana destruction,emp's, are for training purposes. :omg:

What i know is that pker's are probably the most important part of the game.

Today i learned that SOM, BROD,JS of cooling, cutlass of the mage and all special weapon and armors,evasion, accuracy pots,damage rings, rop's,rings of mana destruction,emp's, are for training purposes. :omg:

The fact that there ARE items meant only or mainly for PK, doesn't mean that they're the only items, or that PK is the most important part! I can't talk for the manu'ers, but I do have some crafting exp. Do you think I mostly make dam rings, ROPs and mana rings? I hardly ever sell those, I've have a few hundred mana rings, and less than 100 massive mana on my counters - not even talking about damage rings and RoP.

In order not to derail the topic too much: 'reviving' PK, all good and well. But I think it's important NOT to ignore the other part of the community (and I think that might be a larger part than you think as well) too much with that, or even put them on disadvantage. I think that might have a worse effect than you imagine now.

My point is that all skills are useful in the game. Pking is the only part of the game were players lose their money and they don't win anything. I don't ignore the rest of the community.

And also i believe that pk is the most important thing to attract new players.

Guest ohmygod

Which post are you refering to?

But I think it's important NOT to ignore the other part of the community (and I think that might be a larger part than you think as well) too much with that, or even put them on disadvantage. I think that might have a worse effect than you imagine now.

Agreed thats why the command/feature is optional.

Dont know about others but the first 6months i played this game i never pked at all. In fact i avoided pk maps like the plague. To play the game so long without playing the pk side of it means the game had another attraction to me as it does for others.

However Ent posted this topic to disscuss an alternative pk system. As i notice ENT has not posted since his original one i think he is content to let this one turn into another one of the many "whats wrong with pk" threads that dies a horrible death with no changes being implemented.

Edited by ohmygod

VOTD storage is in an area where you can't make things. If there is a #pk only teleport to VOTD from IP, then you cannot be killed again at the way to storage. But you can't sit at storage and make things while pkable either. Teleport rooms should also be safe zone, no good to have a camping there either. It'd be a mess getting anywhere even without being pkable.

Edited by sithicus

Why do i train monsters? When i first started playing i see Don Pedro in his Awesome iron plate armor and white cape - so cool! i unknowingly follow him in to KF. I see several people fighting and think how cool! I want do do this! Then I got pk'd by SmoomS... So i trained hard for 2 yrs - I'm still a noob. I'm not a pk'r by any means - it's just not fun. :( Why? For one: It's to complex - first you have to have ess to cast magic immunity, and then hope you remembered to wear red cloak have some extra healing potions on standby, and rings of damage.. then opponent uses dis! - quick catch him with bear stone before he can teleport! Of course if it is OMG, Asgnny, Tomass, or a hundred other top players- you have to try to dis/tele. Two: see other hundred or so ppl that kill me quick! lol I like to fight other players to see how i do against them, and have most fun with an even match. I don't care to get armor ect. i have it.

I see getting pk-able for a month as having a target on you back. Everyone can pk you, but you can only attack someone else that is pk'able. I can see me Harvesting Silver, (in Full armor) - casting glances at Kheres - Wondering if Im going to be attacked! :)

This does not seem fair to me, no matter what carrots you dangle.

I still think if you make everyone pk-able - but you can only attack or be attacked by someone +/- 10 levels of your a/d or apply the +/- 10 rule in game on pk maps - this would help revive pk - Much better than adding new weapons and armor ect.

Im sure theres some reason this won't work but only idea i can come up with.. :)

It amazes me that there have been THREE PAGES of discussion, with no actual pledge.

I'm going to do it, and voluntarily, as soon as ent puts in the changes. And if I forget, go ahead and do it for me, I'm ready. :) This will be fun. Was looking for a fight for a few days now in KF with no challengers and found it very disappointing, considering the apparent ratio of PKers to non that the high-level fighters seem to be insisting upon.

Edited by freeone3000

Actually, ppl should post here if they agree to be pkable for a month, the poll was about who wants/likes pk server.

And for ppl making suggestions about +-10a/d being only attackable- r u really so blind to not see that its bad idea?

Some1 remember when luciferx was pkable for a week and died 3 times durining that time? He died not to high lvl players but as far as i remember twice to giants and 1 time when he was harmed to death by bunch of newbies/low lvls while afking.

If high lvls can attack only other 5 high lvls and cant attack any1 else what should they do after they agree to be pkable? Afk in guild maps all the time?

Till now 3 high lvl ppl agreed to be pkable: toomass, ohmygod and me.

If we wanna kill/fight vs eachother we can do that on pk maps, dont need to type pkable command.

Would be nice if Entropy could clarify if +10a/d(or +20) attackable restriction wont come and is total bullshit or he wants to implement it :)

How many ppl agreed for pkable status till now? 15?

mp

Senia

(I will use it, but if i forget please give me a warning before #PK is enabled ^^)

P.S.: I wonder how many people acctually read the OP :(

edit: also maybe we can have a list of pledges so we can see how close we are to 30? :)

Edited by Ryuu

Guest ohmygod

There are, of course, rings and teleport to the portal room spells, yes?

As for Marwen's suggestion, 20% more exp sounds right. MAYBE special items too, but special NPCs and more drops can't be done.

For some reason i missed this post., Think i was training and posting reply in between respawns so took ages to post my first comment.

But anyway it sort of makes all my posts after this one with wish list sound a bit stupid., But anyway Hope the special items are worth it cause i dont train much anymore.

Count me in as one of the 30.

EDIT:

Will all skill i train get 20% or just a/d? I want to train my manu/crafting skills too now.

Edited by ohmygod

Will all skill i train get 20% or just a/d? I want to train my manu/crafting skills too now.

That's exactly a reason it shouldn't be implemented. I assume you would also like having safe areas around storages, right?

It amazes me that there have been THREE PAGES of discussion, with no actual pledge.

I will try it for a month, was on the border on the pk server idea, and I think this would give me a better idea if I would like to play on a server that is full pk or not.

Page 1... :)

If your car is on fire, adding a pair of fuzzy dice to the rear view mirror sure does make it look better. :)

ok, unrelated, I just like this quote :(

Anyways... no suggestions, no changes, am I PKable yet? :(

I'm going to do it, and voluntarily, as soon as ent puts in the changes. And if I forget, go ahead and do it for me, I'm ready. :icon13: This will be fun. Was looking for a fight for a few days now in KF with no challengers and found it very disappointing, considering the apparent ratio of PKers to non that the high-level fighters seem to be insisting upon.

I posted already, that I would like to sign up.

(page1-2)

although i would like to see this feature so players can use it, i cant subscribe myself. I wouldn't be able to last a month without being in UW all the time.

I still will be pk-able a few hours if i attack some1 and that would be enough for me :icon13:

But i cant understand why every 1 only will use the command if they can make a profit. IMHO it was all about the PK :pickaxe: If you would like to lvl faster just work for it like every one else. If you like the PK-fun. use the command.

just my 2ct.

I'm going to do it, and voluntarily, as soon as ent puts in the changes. And if I forget, go ahead and do it for me, I'm ready. :omg: This will be fun. Was looking for a fight for a few days now in KF with no challengers and found it very disappointing, considering the apparent ratio of PKers to non that the high-level fighters seem to be insisting upon.

I posted already, that I would like to sign up.

(page1-2)

I think a lot of people would like to sign up but the month time limit is a sticking point, it is to long if you are not a full time pker and would like a little peace sometimes to do your own thing .

Ive said before if the limit was lowered or after a certian amount of deaths (25) you became non-pkable again i would sign up ( and im not a pker but think it could be fun and got to give the pr0's some easy pk points :) ) and im sure a lot more people would as well.

Edited by conavar

I can pledge that if I see someone who is PK'able (and I think I can take them) I will PK them and in turn become PK'able myself if its for a reasonable amount of time (a few hours - maybe up to 12 in game time?)

The only point that stops me pledging to use the whole feature (and I echo most of the other comments here) is the amount of time the effects last for - 1 month of playing time. From my personal perspective I play EL for enjoyment and a release from work some evenings - I am not a "grinder" who plays 12 hours a day. Hence why after 2 years playing i am still a feeble noob at OA97 :D

I play on average for 15 hours a week so if I were to take this option thats 48 weeks (a year!) i'd be pk'able for.

I know yourself Ent you've said on some of the posts where people have left the game that they should try and enjoy it more and play more "casual".

I do know however I'm not the average player style of EL and so there must be a compromise. Maybe a week of playing the game (168 hours??) or even better 24 hours of playing game :) ( I can but hope)

Nevertheless its an excellent Idea ent and I do think if you get this right it will be utilized a lot more than the guild war commands.