Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Alternative PKing system

I want pk all those who give pk points or drops, i dont mind if they got 50a/d less from me :>

I also like it that they dont know how to pk so i can kill them easy( in most cases they lack of pk experience and even if they had same stats like me they would lose fast :devlish:

If there will be restriction:" u cant att ppl who r 20 a/d lower from u or weaker" what players i can only attack? top5? i can fight them on pk maps normally even now, coz they r not afraid of entering pk map anyways :confused:

U know how many ppl with 135+def ingame? ~20, about half of them is inactive-never plays/pks.

So if i take that crazy big dissadvantage of being attacked by every1 everywhere except underword and ip for a very long time i want to have at least possibility to attack not those 10 players, but all who r pkable =]

(and plz dont say restrictions dont count on pk maps, if im pkable all maps r pk maps for me)

<edit>

Balance is needed everywhere.

There are several games, I know, with open-PK system (Conquer Online, Lineage 2, some others). I don't remind myself any special favours for people PKing. Yet, PKing exists in these games and is a very important part of them. Would it be a difference in players' attitude?

I know Conquer Online pretty good, played few months there, was in top and pked a lot.

Pking is most important part of this game, u make big money with pking, u can pk in the cities, u can pk weaker players, u can pk players almost everywhere, and also once per week there is big battle that is like 1,5 day and guild which wins it gets possibility to fight some special monster that drops expensive and usefull items.

Also very important is: u dont lose equiped items after death unless u were in pk-able status( in a short time u killed few other players that werent pk-able ).

mp

Edited by masterpiter

I Agree Kheres ... there should be no advantages, if you really want to PK you will make yourself pk'able(or attack sum1 who is pk'able), and the fact that you can pk anywhere/get pk'd anywhere is enough.

Toomass and Pkingduck train and gather their gc in Hulda anyways (its a pk map) so nothing will be different, except they get even quicker exp/gc.

I totally understand your point MP and the 20-30 number was only an example it could be 50-60 and (hopefully without sounding like a flame) this game isnt just about yourself, an idea has to be implemented that doesnt suit me, or doesnt suit you but what is best and most fun for ALL players

edit: and so this doesnt turn in to a flame about ideas i think we should agree that our views differ on this point and leave it at that :confused:

and even with/without the cap/restrictions the only sticking point for me not taking this would be the month time scale

Edited by conavar

I Agree Kheres ... there should be no advantages, if you really want to PK you will make yourself pk'able(or attack sum1 who is pk'able), and the fact that you can pk anywhere/get pk'd anywhere is enough.

Toomass and Pkingduck train and gather their gc in Hulda anyways (its a pk map) so nothing will be different, except they get even quicker exp/gc.

What if advantage is something that does not affect training a/d, such as ability to use party hats :confused:

What if advantage is something that does not affect training a/d, such as ability to use party hats :confused:

lol ok how's this for you? : the 1st person to kill sum1 while being pk'able becomes 'king of EL' , and then the next person to kill him dethrones him, and takes his title. Everytimes some1 is dethroned, the new king's name and whereabouts will be given to all pk'able people, also since the 'king' will move, they can type a command to find out his location, track him down, and kill him.

As a reward to be 'king' you can get a +5 a/d bonus, and get 100gc every minute and your char can be all glowing and wearing a 'party hat' or w/e. Also the times can be recorded of how long some1 is 'king' and at the end of the week, there can be a message proclaiming *Name* king of EL, or w/e. That should be enough of an incentive.

Edit: err i mean the person who was 'King' the longest amount of time during that week is proclaimed 'King of EL'.

Edited by St_Arcane

lol loving the sarcasm St. :confused:

I must admit i agree with Kheres the only incentive should be hopefully be a more fun game, if you need a "reason " to take this apart from fun then you cant really be that impressed with the idea.

I will use this system for at least a month, starting when it's implemented. *ouch!*

Edit: ingame name is same as forum (Looter)

Edited by Looter

Guest ohmygod
While you are PKable, you should have some advantage over the non PKable players. What the advantages will be is TBD.

Im actually getting pissed off at all the fukn noobs posting here with ideas about this and that. I bet you 100kgc that they will not even have the guts to do the command.

Yet they post here with suggestions what the advantages should be????

WTF??

Dont water the advantages down till they are worthless and nobody does the command at the end of the day because they are not real advantages.

If your not going to do the command then stay the fuk off this thread. Those that post here should automatically be set on"pkable" mode when and if it gets implemented.

I remember the Guild_war thing everybody was posting crap about "oh wow good idea" etc only a few guilds had the balls to type the command. BTW that command is still in game as far as i know who uses it??? not the noobs posting here thats for sure. Even my guild does not use it. Why? because there is no advantage to use it!

We need a BIG carrot to make it worth the 20% fun 80% pain in the ass.

Come on people get real about what would tip you over the fence to use the command for a month/year/always, not touchy feely stuff about how nice it would be to use for a day then toss it in the bin.

it is normal that everyone wants a different bonus in exchange for being pkable because there are different skills in EL. One possible idea is to implement #pk command as a temporary perk: you go to the Wraith and take the "3x emu" perk for a month, or the "2x drops", or the "increased make rare" or whatever comes to your mind (or whatever Entropy will implement :D )...and *puff* your name turns red :evilgrin:

I actually agree with ohmygod... it's about the fun of pking... why would you need any advantage on EMu or drops?

but it should be implented properly so you won't get killed all the time you come from IP and that you have a fair chance to get stuff for a new round of pking...

and still saying a month will be much to long for me, would cost me actually a year to get rid of it... without a break.

so i'll probably just attack pkable people so i get pkable for a couple of hours :evilgrin:

Edited by -Nostalg

I would vote to keep WS safe too, WS gives you a nice way to reach storage + a lot of entrances to other maps.

Edited by Cycloonx

While you are PKable, you should have some advantage over the non PKable players. What the advantages will be is TBD.

Im actually getting pissed off at all the fukn noobs posting here with ideas about this and that. I bet you 100kgc that they will not even have the guts to do the command.

Yet they post here with suggestions what the advantages should be????

WTF??

Dont water the advantages down till they are worthless and nobody does the command at the end of the day because they are not real advantages.

If your not going to do the command then stay the fuk off this thread. Those that post here should automatically be set on"pkable" mode when and if it gets implemented.

I remember the Guild_war thing everybody was posting crap about "oh wow good idea" etc only a few guilds had the balls to type the command. BTW that command is still in game as far as i know who uses it??? not the noobs posting here thats for sure. Even my guild does not use it. Why? because there is no advantage to use it!

We need a BIG carrot to make it worth the 20% fun 80% pain in the ass.

Come on people get real about what would tip you over the fence to use the command for a month/year/always, not touchy feely stuff about how nice it would be to use for a day then toss it in the bin.

OMG is right on spot.

Ive been in total war...and yes its fun...but a pain in the ass as well with not much to gain really.....now if there was a nice set of advantages for combatants i would consider doing it again :evilgrin:

I actually agree with ohmygod... it's about the fun of pking... why would you need any advantage on EMu or drops?

for the fun of pking you can go in a pk map, but few ppl do it because it is dangerous and low rewarding. I personally go in pk map only to harvest hydro (and that's the reward). i suggested about emu because that can lead to more teamplay and less afk-playing, just an idea. Cant speak for suitable fighter advantages because i'm not one, maybe drops or maybe more a/d xp. Being pkable is a risk, it needs a reward.

Yeah you're right Fedora. But I doubt Ent will implent it if there will be too many advantages for those who have the pk command (not even talking about how hard it would be to implent all those different advantages :D ).

Though I wouldn't mind more xp hehehe :evilgrin:

Edited by -Nostalg

Guest ohmygod
actually agree with ohmygod... it's about the fun of pking... why would you need any advantage on EMu or drops?

Erm you got me wrong. Im FOR big advantages, why? to off set the 80% pain in the ass it will be being pkable and make people think being pkable is not such a bad idea.

oh... ehm, hehehe.

Too bad people wouldn't just take it without those advantages.

p.s ghee I really misread that... sorry lol

Edited by -Nostalg

EMU is good advantage but not so much for fighting. PK advantage should be fighting. My list may not be the best but I look for one or more of following.

Half mana cost for spell.

Better drops.

Less loss on dieing.

etc.

Also there should some structure for providing coverage for very high lvl attacking low lvl.

I have no idea how this can be addressed but this seems to be only way to attract ppl in 50's to turn on PK when others are in 100's. May be %age loss of carried item should be linked with ratio of attacker/attacked levels. if attacked by a person twice your level you do not loose anything.

- Darky

I like this idea, and will probably participate. Just to throw out another idea. (Sorry I know this thread is busy already) How about a new cape....Cape of the pkable. When you where this cape, your name turns red and can be attacked on anymap. When you die, regardless of Rosto, the cape will be dropped. Should be easy break and drop about as often as say a mirrior cape, or MM. Rare, but not so rare. This will give you the advantage of getting ready. Going out for a night of pk fun. But when you need the hours to make GC's, make esseces, etc. Put the cape safely in storage and go about your buisness. To make things a little more intresting,, since it is a cape, If worn while trainning you get a slight bonus (balance here between NMT and New cape) Most fighters wont spend 7PP on nmt perk, so there will be less complaints of "all these noobs in NMT and tit plate fighitng ogres etc" Just a suggestion. I would wear one and this would invite those to try to pk you on your spawn.

Jumpy

Come on people get real about what would tip you over the fence to use the command for a month/year/always,

personally as i have said before an a/d restriction on who you can be attacked by,because if i wanted to get owned by the top fighters non-stop i would just go and stand in KF all day.As has been said before by others one of the reasons pk is slow is that a certain few players domintate and the others cannot compete on pk maps.

you can add all the bonuses and perks you like but without making it FAIR for players of ALL levels then all you will end up with is the same high a/d players taking it

Edited by conavar

This idea is even better so i am in. Maybe we should be patient until Radu will add it and after that we can make suggestions to improve it.

Guest ohmygod
it is normal that everyone wants a different bonus in exchange for being pkable because there are different skills in EL. One possible idea is to implement #pk command as a temporary perk: you go to the Wraith and take the "3x emu" perk for a month, or the "2x drops", or the "increased make rare" or whatever comes to your mind (or whatever Entropy will implement )...and *puff* your name turns red

I like this idea as people can choose what they want most as a trade off for being pkable.

Also there should some structure for providing coverage for very high lvl attacking low lvl.

PKable is PKable IMO :) . Some people will pk you some wont. If they are as smart as i suspect People will learn who will pk them at every oportunity and run away very fast when ever they see them coming :P

you can add all the bonuses and perks you like but without making it FAIR for players of ALL levels then all you will end up with is the same high a/d players taking it

Dont know if you know it but EL has a LOT of maps only time im in C1 now days is to PK or restock guild bot. (oh yeah to train Mchims too) 1v1 you and even I have no hope in hell against the top players, but by build alliances (tempory or long term) developing strategies and working smarter together with others they are defeatable. Yes you and me will die a lot but hey thems the breaks, but me and you will get them on our pk lists eventually i am sure.

OMFG i am sounding like Mufosa in the Breakable NMT thread and answering all the posts. :P

Edited by ohmygod