Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crom

Aulwen's preist

I dont know if this is the right place for this, sorry if its not could you please put it where it belongs.

Now I was wondering if the price of the chainmail from Aulwen's preist is correct considering to going price is 4-5K.

Now I was wondering if the price of the chainmail from Aulwen's preist is correct considering to going price is 4-5K.

The prices reported by NPC's (including the preists etc) are hard-coded into the game.

The "going" prices are whatever players want to charge/pay for an item and are therefore flexible and can fluctuate quite a lot, especially over a long time. This is especially common if there are much higher level items added into the game (as I suspect is the case in this instance) or if there are lots more people able to manufacture this item.

The prices reported by NPC's (including the preists etc) are hard-coded into the game.

The "going" prices are whatever players want to charge/pay for an item and are therefore flexible and can fluctuate quite a lot, especially over a long time. This is especially common if there are much higher level items added into the game (as I suspect is the case in this instance) or if there are lots more people able to manufacture this item.

Well I understand what you said, but maybe I should have said that the price the priest is asking is 38K. So now you can see why I asked the question and if you do gillians quest he asks you to bring him the titanium chain from aulwen, thats a hefty chunk of change for a quest, I'm just wondering if I bought one from another player would he know the difference? See why I'm concerned.

There is only one of each type of item, and they aren't marked. Players can certainly be unique, but their items can't. :happy:

So there's no difference between one you buy from Aluwen's (minor nit-pick on the spelling there :) ) priestess, and one you make or buy from another player.

It's likely possible with the quest system for it to record if you've ever bought a Ti chain from the priestess, but I doubt it (most people who get there have probably bought the wooden shields and such instead of killing monsters for them, so people should be used to it).

There is only one of each type of item, and they aren't marked. Players can certainly be unique, but their items can't. :)

So there's no difference between one you buy from Aluwen's (minor nit-pick on the spelling there :) ) priestess, and one you make or buy from another player.

It's likely possible with the quest system for it to record if you've ever bought a Ti chain from the priestess, but I doubt it (most people who get there have probably bought the wooden shields and such instead of killing monsters for them, so people should be used to it).

Thanks for solving my little problem, and also for the little nit-pick :)

I dont know if this is the right place for this, sorry if its not could you please put it where it belongs.

Seeing as going prices are player-run, the prices are correct, it's just player-run, so maybe you'll get a good price, maybe not. Ask TrinityBot what the going price is.

Ask TrinityBot what the going price is.

Disclaimer: If you think her price is wrong, suggest a better price on her website!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this