Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Super-massive invasion

I only made the last cockatrices and giants in ida...

But it was still fun and others seemed to enjoy big time.

Great job :devlish:

Awsome...

Specially the no drops fought the whole time...

Just 2 bad that idalorian cemetery was invaded, almost impossible 2 continue when you ran out of HE...

But 11+ on a scale from 1 to 10

/* Added Images */

Dragons in sedicolis.

Invasion%2022Sept%202.jpg

Beat you up crew @t exit underworld c2.

Invasion%2022Sept%206.jpg

Spiders and white rabbits guarding the dragons ?!

Invasion%2022Sept%208.jpg

Beat you up crew in action.

Invasion%2022Sept%207.jpg

Edited by RotationZ

best invasion EVER

idk if the idea of no drop day was a setup but it worked perfectly

thx do this type of invasion more often

6 out of 5 stars

15/10

3 thumbs up :devlish:

~lego

For one I love the name.

But it was awesome cuz I'm not a fighter but i could still play cuz i wouldn't lose my armor and such, which I don't wear often so I don't lose it if I happen to die. Good timing on the days. A lil conveniet, ehh? :devlish:

As usual, I missed the start of the invasion :devlish:

Only left with the high level romp in c2.. which was just amazing! :P

No drops day starting midway into the invasion helped a lot. A lot of people were taking better armor to the invasions, and it was much more fun doing higher level monsters as a group. :P

Even though I degraded a ti greaves.. I blame teh ebul Mortos for summoning a dragon and then spamming cockatrices just when it was only the 2 of us in portals room..

cockatrices.jpg

My rating: 20/10 .. really.. absolutely loved it, best invasion ever imo :P

EDIT: I hate typos!

Edited by 2coolfool

It's great you are running invasions again, but the time slots need to vary a bit better. The same people keep missing them.

Best ever, liked the forcing to team up to end it all :devlish:

nicely buildup but for lower fighters it was a bit to big i think. they could only participate in the beginning and that was cool from what you saw in #6 :P

the nodrop was cool, this way we could fight without being scared to die. else it would have cost ~ 30 rosto's or more LOL

the forces at ida cemetery were nice too too bad that without a dis/tele it was almost impossible to get out

on a scale 1-10 i give this a 9+

Best invasion ever, nice it was no drop day.

I liked the giants in the portal room but the giants in idalorian cemetery made too much lag.

I died several times before I had loaded the map.

Please, can we have more of that - with no drop ?? :devlish:

All I can say is...

I hope the giants outside Irilion's underworld were only there because of no drop day :devlish:

...ok I can't shut up at that! The gauntlet run once outside was fun :P

The idea of invasion in hell is something like I wanted before :P Good it was no drop day for that too though else it's abit ebul.

Edited by kailomonkey

Liked it a lot! As a well-known chicken, I usually avoid invasions with high-level monsters, but thanks to the no-drop day I could try my hand with them, and in good company!

There were those sadistic touches with invading Hell and Idaloran cemetery which added some spice to the invasion... all in all, lovely -- in one year or so of training, I could even survive the next time! :devlish:

Good job as usual Acelon! :P

Some screenies for those who missed it:

Giants where everywhere:

Idaloran:

th_el_inv_06.jpg

Portal Room (that was ebul):

th_el_inv_07.jpg

Skeletons in... hell:

th_el_inv_09.jpg

Next, phantoms:

th_el_inv_11.jpg

But they died quite fast:

th_el_inv_12.jpg

th_el_inv_13.jpg

So Yeti were next (they prooved, that you can die in hell :P)

th_el_inv_17.jpg

Lil' friend in sedicolis:

th_el_inv_22.jpg

And giants again, just after the exit from C2 hell (people died again, it was almost impossible to get out of there). They had few friends whit them, cockatrice and slessars.

th_el_inv_23.jpg

And here we've managed to kill one nasty bastard (well, 2cool didn't ;P)

th_el_inv_28.jpg

Edited by BloodSucker

when the new day came, I thought this was going to be the best invasion so far. Last no drop invasion was fantastic fun, and I am now at a level to be even more active.

Fun it was, but IMO spoilt by the mobs outside C2 underworld. so long penned in, it was fun trying to escape, but still frustrating to not be able to get in amongst things I could at least have a decent fight with.

even the repeated deaths from cockatrice actually in the underworld I could live with, but fighting through those to meet the giants outside was just too much to escape.

to illustraate, My counters at the end showed 61 kills, mostly trolls and fluffs from the first waves, but also 41 deaths. consider that of those deaths, maybe 3 were from maps other than idaloran/underworld, and you see my problem!

screenies below illustrate - note - again, the underworld invasion was fun at first, but after 20+ deaths it got old!

I can only speak for myself, but for me the big fun on the last no drop invasion was that there was a choice of where to go and what to fight, so the big guys could go for the giants, and the little guys like me could take out some trolls and orcs. Of course in an invasion the unexpected can happen, maybe a clops or so in the trolls, or a dragon in the giants. That is to be expected, and a big part of the fun, but stuck in 1 place, knowing that you face certain death if you leave is not so much fun.

This seems like a lot of moaning, and it isn't really meant to be - I had a lot of fun. When I finally escaped with a well timed TP ring I went straight back into the fight and was soon trapped again! But I was looking forward to a really good night when the new day arrived, and it didnt quite work out that way.

I almost feel like a fraud writing this, because it *was* still fun, but I guess when no drop came on the invasion, it was like a lottery win, and then I found the prize amounted to only a weeks wages - something lie that is how I feel :P

screenies -

scrrenie1

scrrenie2

edit - reading the other comments it seems the underworld/idal cemetary thing was popular with most. maybe that is because I am in the minority, maybe those people didnt see the last no drop invasion, I dunno! for me it was spoiled and would have been a lot better with a wide spread of mobs in a wide spread of maps :)

Edited by sadarar

That was pure evilness what happened in hell and the portals!! Creating havoc :P

The amounts of giants and cockatrices in the cemetary made me lag alot and didnt have the chance to teleport away :( but overall it provided great entertainment and even better was it happened on a no drop day which allowed people to join in and not be afraid of losing their stuff :D

:) great job

It seemed like a pretty good invasion (the first of the recent ones I've been able to attend since I don't work on Saturday). Being a low/mid-level fighter I don't even bother if there are fluffies or higher, which limits me to the "newb" parts of an invasion (usually the first wave or two).

I was pretty disappointed with the "trick" of luring people to Portland to fight trolls and then: oh by the way, there are some giants there too. I missed the entire troll part coming back from the underworld and only got a bit of the hobgoblins in WS later.

If the invasion is going to include parts for lower leveled fighters, please keep the critters appropriate for those levels. I don't mind getting killed because I got ganged up by a dozen ogres, but walking into a giant trap just sucks all the fun right out.

For the future, I would encourage more simultaneous invasions on different maps: one for low/mid and one for mid/high fighters. Something so the rest of us can have fun with the invasions also.

Yes I agree with bkc56, it would be cool if there were a few different invasions going on at once so lower levels could fight too. Not sure if this is possible since I guess someone (probably Acelon) has to actually log on as Mortos and summon all those monsters and he can't be in 3 different places at once... But if possible, would be cool :P

I usually will try to have multiple invasions happening at once, but today I decided to have a powerful one, for no drops day.

As for time zones, I do what is convenient for me, and usually australian/asian day is a bad time for me. I'll try to get one in, but they won't be as often as ones around this time.

And ent is right, it's peak time for MOST players.