Eternal Lands Official Forums
Debianita

Changed language keyboard ?

This time the problem is under windows. I play the game right (all the right I can with my laptop's ATI radeon express 200M :-S ) but although I have the keyboard set to "ES" on my windows, the game seems to have another keyboard language set. I mean, it's obvious, the !"·$%&/()= chars I have from 1-0 on my keyboard numbers are completely another ones ingame :-)

So, is there any option to set the "ES" language on eternal lands? It would be fixed if I play the game in spanish and not in english?? It could be a silly question but is very confusing when chat and try to make smillies :-p

So, is there any option to set the "ES" language on eternal lands? It would be fixed if I play the game in spanish and not in english?? It could be a silly question but is very confusing when chat and try to make smillies :-p

We use the SDL libraries for keyboard I/O. I don't know if it is possible to set different keyboard setups, but I assume it would be. At this stage the EL client only uses the default US keyboard layout. I don't know of any plans to change this and currently I think most of the devs are busy, but if you know how to program in C and are interested, feel free to develop a patch for the devs to review.

We use the SDL libraries for keyboard I/O. I don't know if it is possible to set different keyboard setups, but I assume it would be. At this stage the EL client only uses the default US keyboard layout. I don't know of any plans to change this and currently I think most of the devs are busy, but if you know how to program in C and are interested, feel free to develop a patch for the devs to review.

I studied C++ and I'm studying computers at university, so maybe I could take a look and try to do something.

The thing it took to me to ask was I normally play on linux, and there the keyboard runs right (on "ES" way) :-S . It's under windows when it gets changed to US mode :-S But thanks for the information ;-)

I studied C++ and I'm studying computers at university, so maybe I could take a look and try to do something.

Cool. Well the client is coded (mostly) in C, not C++ but it wouldn't take much to learn. You are most of the way there anyway.

The thing it took to me to ask was I normally play on linux, and there the keyboard runs right (on "ES" way) :-S . It's under windows when it gets changed to US mode :-S But thanks for the information ;-)

Hmmm, well because there isn't any support in the client, I can only assume this is related to the underlying OS, or a feature/limitation of the SDL library under the different OS's.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.